What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance to Boot South again, would You?

If you had the chance to Boot Souths would you?

• Yes

Votes: 111 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 50.0%

• Total voters

yobbo84

Coach
My thoughts:

1. I'm just as sick of the crap going on at Souths as anyone else. That's why I voted yes to PHAC/Crowe.

2. What's with all the crowd talk? We're averaging about 13,500 per game, in a Stadium 30 mins from our district, with a 0-10 record.. That's not bad at all.

3. Souths will not move to the CC - in fact, they no longer have the power to . It's in the members hands now. Talking about it is as much use as talking about why don't McDonalds sell Whoppers.

4. The PHAC/Crowe "privatisation" is, in my opinion, the last chance for Souths. If blokes of their business accumen can't run the club, no-one can. No one will have to boot us out, sponsors will leave, and without a Leagues club, we'll die off.

5. In regards to 4, I have complete faith in the new management to turn the club around.

6. We have good juniors. Our SG Ball team made the grand final this year, narrowly losing to Penrith. Our last GF SG ball side contained Beau Champion, Buddy Gordon, etc... the one before that had Maitua, Sutton, etc etc...

7. Don't give me this Norths crap. NO ONE was forced to merged. They chose the easy option and unfortunately they chose the wrong partner.

So basically what I'm trying to say is while we're financially viable we deserve our spot in the competition. How long we can stay viable for is another matter. Peter Holmes a Court has a MASSIVE job on his hands.

Onwards and upwards...

Briza

Juniors
I voted no.

If it came to the point where the comp couldn't sustain the current amount of clubs, I'd boot Melbourne and NZ.

Choppies

Coach
yobbo84 said:
3. Souths will not move to the CC - in fact, they no longer have the power to . It's in the members hands now. Talking about it is as much use as talking about why don't McDonalds sell Whoppers.

On this whats to stop people who want a team on the Coast to buy Souths memberships and get a majority. Vote comes around they vote to re locate. Whats to stop them?

yobbo84

Coach
Choppies said:
On this whats to stop people who want a team on the Coast to buy Souths memberships and get a majority. Vote comes around they vote to re locate. Whats to stop them?

A: They must be a member for 3 continual years.
B: They must get 75% of the majority vote for it to go through.

At Souths at the moment that's a good 6000 votes.

aids

Bench
souths seem like a cursed team.
maybe someone needs to get john safran to lift it.

or kill uncle george

OVP

Coach
Definitely not. They are a foundation club, as are Easts, Newtown, Norths, Wests and Balmain. Since they booted the Bears and Jets, and Wests and Balmain merged, there are only two left. Id much rather all those clubs be back in a perfect world, but thats not possible anymore :(

Souths must stay. Anyway it may take them 5 years or may take them more, but success is always cyclical even without a Salary Crap. They'll come good.

paulp

Juniors
domdom said:
if so many people love the club, why can't they drag more than 6000 people to a home game???

Its people like you that have no F***ing idea. Have a good look at the crowd figures.

Souths (running last) are averaging about 13500 per game
look at Melbourne (leading comp) Ave about 11300 per game ( and their home figures are worse )
before you go off like a clown you should at least check your figures :x :x

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
I think it'd be too early under the new administration to boot them. If they haven't managed to perform in, say, 5 years, then it'd be worth reconsidering.

They played some ok footy last year, but are struggling to attract high profile players - they lost Harrison (who showed a lot of promise, as we all know), they're going to lose McDougall, they couldn't attract Anasta, etc. etc.. It'll be interesting to see if Crowe and Holmes-a-Court make a difference. I say give them a chance to prove themselves.

There are other problems within the club that can be resolved that will ensure a greater chance of success - i.e. a certain Mr Piggins!

super_coach

First Grade
When Souths were wrongly kicked out,thet lost all their juniors,who went to other clubs looking for fame and fortune.Now they are gradually building back up.
Like all clubs down towards the bottom,attracting players is really hard and expensive.They have to pay well over the odds.Funny enough,they need a Brian Smith type of coach,to rebuild the place from bottom up.
They will turn things around,may take a few years,but the NRL needs a good South Sydney side.With just a sniff of success,the rabit army would rise again.
As the tigers are showing this year,its a short distance from the penthouse to the cellar.So in souths case its short distance from the cellar to the penthouse.

Reg Clough

Juniors
Dont have to boot them out - just change their name to BYE. Each club would then collect 8 points a year free like they do now. It would save any legal ramifications from booting them again.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
OVP said:
Definitely not. They are a foundation club, as are Easts, Newtown, Norths, Wests and Balmain. Since they booted the Bears and Jets, and Wests and Balmain merged, there are only two left. Id much rather all those clubs be back in a perfect world, but thats not possible anymore :(

Souths must stay. Anyway it may take them 5 years or may take them more, but success is always cyclical even without a Salary Crap. They'll come good.

Agree 100%. Souths as a foundation club must stay. I'd rather them all back too.

rabs

Staff member
Kicked out, start from scratch, and then last year we don't get the few good signings we needed to keep moving forward. Now we're on the back foot again and all the narrow minded bastards want us out. So this is the way league fans are? wait until whoever is down and then we'll put the boot in, who's next? your team? As someone metioned success is cyclical and as for performance achieved for the roster a club has there are several teams going sh*tloads worse than the bunnies - e.g. Parra, Saints, Warriors, so give yourself an uppercut if you voted yes.