What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance to Boot South again, would You?

If you had the chance to Boot Souths would you?

• Yes

Votes: 111 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 50.0%

• Total voters

t-ba

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
That deserves a completely different thread mate, lets not go into that one here eh!

I just want the little losers back is all. :( Nothing more satisfying than smacking the Bad News Bears up!

Red Bear

Referee
t-ba said:
I just want the little losers back is all. :( Nothing more satisfying than smacking the Bad News Bears up!
LOL, kinda like that time we beat you 43-8 i think? And Florimo absolutely rooted you guys:D Man i wish Norths beat Newie in 97, what a grand final that woulda been!

t-ba

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
LOL, kinda like that time we beat you 43-8 i think? And Florimo absolutely rooted you guys:D Man i wish Norths beat Newie in 97, what a grand final that woulda been!

Jason Taylor: CHOKE!!!
Matt Seers: CHOKE!!!

Went to that match. My Grand-dad was just about ready to kill me at full time I was laughing so much :lol: . The old bastard got the last laugh in next week though...

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah , i know, what is it about great goalkickers choking? Halligan in 91 as well.

Still remember that drop goal going over n seeing a norths player fall over in the mud. Devestating stuff:(

Moffo

Referee
no, i dont want the game back in court again. league is played on grass, not in a court room

Iafeta

Referee
Their recruitment seems a bit odd.

They have massive issues at halfback, yet they're now reportedly offering David Peachey a spot even though fullback isn't that bad with Polglase and McDougall.

They need to stop picking up pensioners, fringe first graders who've not cracked the big time for a while, and injury prone big names. Otherwise, they'll continue to be belted and people will continue to call for their heads.

willvillain

Juniors
If we could travel back to 1966, when Easts didn't win a single game all year, would you be asking the same of them? Would you be kicking Easts out?

I doubt it.

Hass

Juniors
The game is cyclical and Super League/Souths axeing saw them miss a cycle.

From 1989-1999 Souths were in a rut. And while Jack Gibson was correct when he said a successful football team starts in the front office... it also helps to have a few top quality footballers who can get things kickstarted.

Souths would have had a halves pairing of Anasta and Wing for at least a couple of years had they not been kicked out. Instead, they lost two top-class halves and had to end up rebuilding their playing roster from scratch.

I'd hate to think what would have happened to Parramatta had they been kicked out of the comp in 1995 only to come back in 1998. We'd have missed out on our rebuilding years, started with a crappy roster and probably have extended our period of woe - it would just have been lucky that we had a Leagues club to prop us up despite our poor on field form.

Souths should remain in the comp until they can no longer stand on their own two feet.

Cheers.

Hass

Juniors
As for Norths.

I agree they are the tragic story of the Super League War.

Teams like Souths, Wests and Balmain were all candidates for dying of natural causes in the 90's. Whether they would have is just speculation.

But if there was no Super League War I think it is pretty certain Norths would still be in the comp. Their finances went belly-up because they decided to make the move to Gosford to be doubly sure they would pass the artificial criteria and it all went pear-shaped.

And now we carry on with our competition as though they never existed. Newtwon, Annandale, University, Glebe - these were clubs that simply couldn't go on. Norths was a vibrant healthy club the game crippled in under two years and left to die in the gutter.

Quite sad really.

Kid

Juniors
In a word ...yes. They are only surpassed by the Dogs for regular bad press. And for the record...my club merged, and as devastating as it was...life has moved on and i love the new club just as much as the old one.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Hass said:
The game is cyclical and Super League/Souths axeing saw them miss a cycle.

From 1989-1999 Souths were in a rut. And while Jack Gibson was correct when he said a successful football team starts in the front office... it also helps to have a few top quality footballers who can get things kickstarted.

Souths would have had a halves pairing of Anasta and Wing for at least a couple of years had they not been kicked out. Instead, they lost two top-class halves and had to end up rebuilding their playing roster from scratch.

I'd hate to think what would have happened to Parramatta had they been kicked out of the comp in 1995 only to come back in 1998. We'd have missed out on our rebuilding years, started with a crappy roster and probably have extended our period of woe - it would just have been lucky that we had a Leagues club to prop us up despite our poor on field form.

Souths should remain in the comp until they can no longer stand on their own two feet.

Cheers.

This is so true. How long did it take for the Cowboys to do anything? Imagine if the NRL decided to get rid of the Cowboys around 2000. Souths have finally started to make changes up front. I just have to say that the people who want Souths out. Haven't you learnt your lesson from the Super League days?

Red Bear

Referee
I'd rather keep a side loyal to the game than onewho got admitted by the NSWRL/ARL then decided to f**k off to super league.

Iluvfinchy

Juniors
no souths need 2 stay in the comp theyre the second most sucesful club behind the roosters and thats a pretty good effort

RABK

Referee
No, you are in their shadow actually.

Souths are history and tradition, they must and will stay.