What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you're not going tonight, what will you do?

Will you wait for the broadcast to find the result, or find out first?

• Wait for the broadcast

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Find out result, then watch

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

silverex

Bench
I'll be turning off all forms of communication and watching till 9.30pm to watch, my mates will message me so mobile off, no answering the land line and no internet.
I want to watch the game and if i happen to hear a bad result prior i will likely not want to watch anymore.

EDIT: Would love to know how i can pickup WIN! silverex, seeing as we both live in Mortdale, if you manage to do it, i'd like to know how!

Had no luck rushndude.

I found out the frequency then entered into the 'manual scan' mode but it found nothing.

If you want to give it a try I found 2 frequencies both UHF 613.5 and 585.5.

Good luck.

crust pizzas and plenty of beers at my apartment watching the game delayed. my guests will be directed to turn off their mobile phones so that nobody interrupts us with a score.

Slackboy72

Coach
You need an option for watching it live. With pizza. And the internet radio broadcasting the cricket.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
option 3..

watching it live on the big screen...

thanks mbds :)

Hanz Brix

Juniors
I'm gonna stay home and watch it, I'm not going to the pub/club cause some dead sh*t will talk about the score

Dragons to win by 50.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'll record it on IQ start watching at around 10.00 after making dinner and getting the kids off to bed
Fast forward through ads and any extraneous dribble that the commentators come out with and catch up with the ad ridden broadcast by the end of the game
Can't make it to the game in time from work at Brookvale so TV is the only option
If it was a critical game I would listen on the radio and then watch as my heart rate usually doubles when I watch the Dragons and I often endure a sleepless night after a late game regardless of the result
Give em hell everyone attending and enjoy yourself

STG-MACCA

Bench
This will only work if you are able to pick up WIN QLD.
WIN NSW are screening Tigers v Eels at 7:30 and Dragons delayed.

No they are not, all regional stations in NSW except NBN have opted for the Dragons / Broncos game live. Confirmed on 2GB

If you want to pick up WIN Wollongong, you need a UHF antenna. If you only have one antenna, more then liklely it would be a dual band VHF / UHF, however you need to turn it so it's facing south and you will get it.

If you have two antenna's then one should be facing north head, whilst the other south to Wollongong, and you are in business.

This used to be huge prior to pay tv as when SBS had ALL the soccer, people in the west could get a better signal from Wollongong then Sydney, it was also handy when the cricket was at the SCG, as 9 wouldn't play all the sessions of a test match and if the one dayer's were not sold out, they weren't on TV, but WIN always had every ball.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
went out fishing this morning after only three hours sleep was up at 4.30am got back 3pm and im smashed, I will watch the game on tele if im still awake

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, I live near NSW too. So I have it live - although I will be turning down the sound.

Looks like I've doing the LU live update too. Will have to wear my unbiased balanced reporter hat. Probably a tight fit nowadays, but I think I can still get it on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Looks like I've doing the LU live update too. Will have to wear my unbiased balanced reporter hat.

your challenge, should you wish to accept it is the following:

1. include at least one reference to 'dell's dragons house' (a simple 'dell's house' will be sufficient)
  2. make at least one reference to phil rothfield (can be in code, all of us will know..)
  3. Refer to Ashton Sims as Ashlee

Willow

Assistant Moderator
your challenge, should you wish to accept it is the following:

1. include at least one reference to 'dell's dragons house' (a simple 'dell's house' will be sufficient)
  2. make at least one reference to phil rothfield (can be in code, all of us will know..)
  3. Refer to Ashton Sims as Ashlee
1. No worries. A corny superlative has already popped into my head.
2. It will be in code. I will not make a direct reference to the hack on principle. But I will slip in a veiled serve. See if you can find it.
3. lol. OK.