What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll Tip Reynoldson will Sign With Us

macavity

Referee
will believe it when i see it.

top line players seem to avoid us like the plague these days..

antonius

Coach
I was going to post this in the Reynoldson thread but thought I'd do it in this one so I could say that for once I got something right. LOL.
Anyway Oswin was asking what we paid for him. $200,000 for three years with an option on a fourth year, dependant on how he's travelling with us (that's less than we pay Perry). So not a bad get I think, as said he consistantly tops tackle counts, and hit ups. can score trys, and is versitile, plays prop, second row, is currently playing lock at the storm. Most importantly he never seems to get injured. I think the fans will be very happy we signed him come next year around July/August.

Terminator

First Grade
It will be good to have someone who tops the tackle count every week, I was looking through my league mags yesterday and we dont seem to be in the top ten for anything.

Johns Magic

Referee
keeney said:
hes scored 1 try all season

So have Webcke, Steve Price, O'Hara, Fitzgibbon, Stevens, Nutley, Skandalis and Civoniceva.

They are all top line forwards worth well over $200,000.
Forwards aren't measured on how many tries they score.
Woolnough has scored 2 tries but I'd certainly prefer all of the above to him.

antonius

Coach
keeney said:
hes scored 1 try all season, hes not worht 200
He's not there to score trys Keeney, how many tries has parso scored in the time he's been here?
Answer = one.

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
Most importantly he never seems to get injured. I think the fans will be very happy we signed him come next year around July/August.

Apparently he has played every Melbourne match since Round One of 2003 -- is this correct?

In any case, he's only been playing for three seasons and is already up in the 60s for matches. I just hope his run of injuries doesn't start here in Newcastle. Even the most injury-free players seem to get long-term injuries just when we finish commending them for their fitness. Eg. Mark Hughes, Steve Simpson and Daniel Abraham.

As far as not scoring tries goes: I couldn't care less. He is not in the side to score tries, but to prevent them and to do the lead-up work for others to score them. For too long the Knights have been keen to score tries, but don't want to do the work in order to get into good field position.

Reynoldson's work-rate is right up there with most other workaholics like Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh.

eddo

Juniors
Terminator said:
It will be good to have someone who tops the tackle count every week, I was looking through my league mags yesterday and we dont seem to be in the top ten for anything.

Hopefully that means that the workload is spread more evenly across the team.

Terminator

First Grade
Must be, were always in the better half of the ladder, but hardly ever topping tackle counts, metre eaters, or hitups etc.