What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm taking a break from this place

Pippen94

First Grade
I've been posting here too much so I'm going to take a break.
To be clear expanding to Perth is the correct choice for an 18th team & is almost certain to happen. After that Adelaide will be the only major market missing.

For some ppl here there seems to be disconnect with reality, whereby they believe placing teams in far flung locations means the sport can jettison or jeopardize existing fans. A weakened base means less resources for new clubs.

Decline of sport on Sydney's north shore is a result of this. The solution for anybody living in Sydney & witnessing the reemergence of Souths (funny even expansionists acknowledge rabbits as biggest club) is clear.

Colk

First Grade
Fair enough mate, I’d admire your passion. I want Sydney to remain strong, I want a national footprint and I want all of the smaller clubs to become bigger in support and more financially robust. I actually don’t think we need to tinker too much.

I guess we come from slightly different perspectives in how to achieve that but we both love the game so that is a good thing

T-Boon

Coach
I took a 3 or 4 month break through the end of the season for same reason - posting too much with a weird combo of toxic thoughts and brilliant ideas. A break is a great move for everyone.
I believe a second NZ team is more important than Perth. The current situation of 1 NZ team both ruins their national first division comp and at the same time is not enough to really grow the game there which is where a lot of the talent comes from.
NZ2 then Perth or both at same time by way of relocations.

MugaB

Coach
I took a 3 or 4 month break through the end of the season for same reason - posting too much with a weird combo of toxic thoughts and brilliant ideas. A break is a great move for everyone.
I believe a second NZ team is more important than Perth. The current situation of 1 NZ team both ruins their national first division comp and at the same time is not enough to really grow the game there which is where a lot of the talent comes from.
NZ2 then Perth or both at same time by way of relocations.
18. PNG Pride
19. Southern Orcas
20. West Coast Pirates

By the time they get to 20 teams the last 2 spots would have had enough juniors competing at a level worthy of a licence

One lower grade relocation to Adelaide.. maybe roosters

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
2025/6 # 18 Perth
2030 # 19 the The Jets so you have the The Dolphins (north), the Brisbane Broncos (Brisbane), the The Jets (west) and the Gold Coast Titans (south) - this close the shop for QLD representation in the NRL and allows for population growth to keep RL the number one game forever
2035 # 20 NZ2 or Adelaide, whichever makes more sense for the game at the time

That is a better footprint than both RU and AFL

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
Thinking about another break from this place. Too many tensions, particularly how bids are forming for 18th team.

It is not an echo chamber. If you don’t want or like your views challenged, don’t post them.

Colk

First Grade
Exactly. Mind you it can be a good idea to escape from this sort of environment for a while.

I agree. You can’t spend all your time on a forum, particularly for your health and sanity. Just don’t whinge about other people disagreeing with you, particularly when you attack other people for having different views.

Colk

First Grade
It's the opposite; ppl are being upset with what I'm saying & resorting to name calling & abuse. Not worth while dealing with that.

What are you talking about? You have given as good as you have gotten. For example you have referred to people who have disagreed with you as dumb or stupid

Perth Red

Post Whore
No self awareness. Ur a big contributor to the negativity here; attacking any non Perth bids & being sensitive when any criticism is directed at Perth.
I’m always up for a well informed and reasonable debate about pros and cons of possible expansion locations, sadly you are incapable of providing it.

The Great Dane

First Grade
No self awareness. Ur a big contributor to the negativity here; attacking any non Perth bids & being sensitive when any criticism is directed at Perth.
lol.

Every time I've seen you interact with anyone, whether that be here, Bigfooty, or elsewhere, you have actively (i.e. intentionally) misrepresented people, their ideas, data, etc, and have always been totally uncharitable within the discussion.

You can't act in such a way and expect that people won't get frustrated with you and return in kind.

Good idea. We’ll all be happier if you did.
I don't want to see @Pippen94 go anywhere. I don't agree with everything he says, but I respect his passion for NSWRL.

I used to think the game should only focus on Sydney and Brisbane, but time on here has changed my mind and made me see the merits of expansion into new markets.

What we need is a a viable national second division.

I don't hate Sydney clubs like you think. I just think that 3 or 4 of them are holding the game back. No club is bigger than the game.

Wb1234

Referee
Thinking about another break from this place. Too many tensions, particularly how bids are forming for 18th team.
First it’s just a forum. Who cares what random people think of you

second you make a lot of good points at times I agree with

your allowed to like what you like and hate what you hate

Latest posts