What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm tempted to give it to you's but....

Zef

Juniors
Chook said:
I disagree. The Roosters have been far less active in the player market over the last 5-6 seasons than most clubs, including yours.

That's true, and that's where you's were really starting to look like us for a while there - and then of course you's "borrowed" our defensive philosophy and called it your own so for a while there you's were "Canterbury MKII".

But then a couple of GF's get away from you's and... well..... you know, like I said - from the outside looking in you's are starting to look like history's gonna repeat on you's. Old habit's do die hard after all.

Has anyone ever mentioned that Brian Canavan looks a bit like a younger version of Ron Jones? It's the hair.

Chook

First Grade
Please don't compare us to you guys. We are not morally bankrupt. :lol:

And I was just talking the other day to a fellow booster about would we have choked had Burnie Gurr still been at the helm? I like Brian Canavan, don't get me wrong, he's been a loyal clubman for 8-9 years, but I do think we missed Burnie's leadership. And I doubt we would have made some of the frivilous statements/concession claims had Burnie been in charge. That all stunk of Gould.

Chook.

Chook

First Grade
I don't agree with you that we are becoming another transit lounge, but I do agree that we need to re-think our thinking. Particularly after a few conversations with those in the know I've had regarding who was the main instigator for purchasing Roberts and Monaghan. Good ole Bee sting head. Who I will argue about with anyone that he has way to much influence within my club.

The main point I was tring to make is that we should make better use of our GF winning lower grades before other clubs do. And if that means letting go of established first graders then so be it.

Chook.

dice

Juniors
I agree Chook, Gus has way too much influence and must go. With the latest recruits we will have 5 outside backs in first grade who can't tackle.