What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immediate changes from Bennett

Dazzat

First Grade
So the club employs a recruitment officer who isn't involved in recruitment of players? You don't think Bennett works together with others? He runs a fiefdom does he?

League guru

Juniors
So the club employs a recruitment officer who isn't involved in recruitment of players? You don't think Bennett works together with others? He runs a fiefdom does he?

Oh yeh, your right. Bennett said to Nolan, do you think we should sign Darius. only if you agree Peter.

Dazzat

First Grade
Nice cherry-picking my friend. Of course Darius was a done deal, but I'd be very disappointed to learn that the club employs someone like Peter Nolan to sit around and twiddle his thumbs.

Here's a little tip - if you have "recruitment" in your title, you are more than likely to be involved in "recruitment". I learnt that at University.

League guru

Juniors
Nice cherry-picking my friend. Of course Darius was a done deal, but I'd be very disappointed to learn that the club employs someone like Peter Nolan to sit around and twiddle his thumbs.

Here's a little tip - if you have "recruitment" in your title, you are more than likely to be involved in "recruitment". I learnt that at University.

I don,t doubt that he recruits, in his position of Recruitment Officer. Recruiting schoolboys to play NYC. Wayne makes the big ticket calls.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Adam Blair is absolutely nothing to be excited about. But if it is a 'sink or swim' signing ala Ben Teo, then maybe it could work.

It could also be a 'sink or swim' signing ala Joel "powderpuff" Clinton...

Blair should at least make the Manly and Souths games a bit more exciting.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'm sure you have proof of this. What I'm talking about is Nolan's input in the process. How do you thing Brisbane signs a player. Just get on the phone or send a text? Nolan's job would be to build networks with players, their managers and club officials to fill a basket from which Bennett would choose.

League guru

Juniors
I'm sure you have proof of this. What I'm talking about is Nolan's input in the process. How do you thing Brisbane signs a player. Just get on the phone or send a text? Nolan's job would be to build networks with players, their managers and club officials to fill a basket from which Bennett would choose.

Champ, your making it up now.

Dazzat

First Grade
Hey "Champ" ... read it and weep. This from the Broncos website:

In what must surely rank as the most brutal, calculating and decisive roster clean-out in rugby league history, Bennett has managed to shed five players deemed surplus to requirements and secure two Test veterans along with some handy depth players.
Bennett and his recruitment chief Peter Nolan have almost completely remodelled the face of the team, with Brisbane set to start 2015 with a new fullback, new halves combination and a new front row rotation.

Link here: http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/11/19/broncos_recruitment_puzzle_comes_together.html

No need for an apology.

League guru

Juniors
Hey "Champ" ... read it and weep. This from the Broncos website:

In what must surely rank as the most brutal, calculating and decisive roster clean-out in rugby league history, Bennett has managed to shed five players deemed surplus to requirements and secure two Test veterans along with some handy depth players.
Bennett and his recruitment chief Peter Nolan have almost completely remodelled the face of the team, with Brisbane set to start 2015 with a new fullback, new halves combination and a new front row rotation.

Link here: http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/11/19/broncos_recruitment_puzzle_comes_together.html

No need for an apology.

Champ, I think Nolan just played the piano. I will give my old mate Paul White a ring to see what's going on. Stay tuned.

Dazzat

First Grade
Players have talked about cliques in the past, that the older heads and young guys didn't get along and often trained/hung out separately, Griffin allowed that kind of rubbish to fester.

Yes ... and indeed let us not forget that Griffin demoted Ben Hannant to ISC for ... gasp ... giving advice to a young player!!!

Thank God for the return of sanity.

AceAv

Juniors
I think it was for a little bit more than that Daz.

Sources say Hannant also was caught taking a powerade from the staff fridge and NOT the players fridge...

Dazzat

First Grade
I think it was for a little bit more than that Daz.

Sources say Hannant also was caught taking a powerade from the staff fridge and NOT the players fridge...

Hannant's hair colour didn't do him any favours either. You can't have a blond prop. Must have driven Griffin to distraction having a player that looked different than everyone else!

Dazzat

First Grade
Ha ha ... just watching the news and Bennett said exactly that... that everyone at the Broncos last year looked the same and Adam Blair was going to bring a point of difference.

Dazzat

First Grade
Do you just get the sense that the place is a completely different environment already? Upbeat. The team makes sense. No more trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Clear roles.

Great to see the team of coaches standing with Bennett on the news as well. Despite the media always making out that Bennett is a one man team, his secret has always been building a team of support staff as well.

Yes, I'm a Bennet fan. But not expecting major miracles in 2015. Just a few minor ones - like consistency, committed defence and honesty in after game press conferences.

Kiwi

First Grade
Do you just get the sense that the place is a completely different environment already? Upbeat. The team makes sense. No more trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Clear roles.

Great to see the team of coaches standing with Bennett on the news as well. Despite the media always making out that Bennett is a one man team, his secret has always been building a team of support staff as well.

Yes, I'm a Bennet fan. But not expecting major miracles in 2015. Just a few minor ones - like consistency, committed defence and honesty in after game press conferences.
Those denying the impact Bennett has had upon his return are seriously blinded.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Agreed.

A big difference to 2014 is that we know exactly what our spine is going to be in 2015. They have the whole off-season to develop their combinations and we can build a team around it for sure. We have plenty of strike weapons too in Milford, Hunt, Hodges and Copley if he plays center.

I expect us to be very competitive in 2015. But I think we might be 1 top tier prop short. We need one of our young/inexperienced props to have a break out season, Ben Hunt style!