What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

DJDL

First Grade
Serious question:

The best part of two seasons in, who has improved under Fitzy?

For me, WK and Brit.
That’s about it.

Losing my faith at a rate of knots.

Special K

Coach
Standing in the hill at half time today, there was more silence than booing - that speaks volumes to me. New generation of fans happy with that performance?
Odd lives we live in.
I was in the ivory tower with Sam and after 3 minutes he looked at me and asked why the crowd was so flat and quiet? Very telling. Everyone is rattled.

Serious question:

The best part of two seasons in, who has improved under Fitzy?

For me, WK and Brit.
That’s about it.

Losing my faith at a rate of knots.
The defence hasn't
He struggles to coach middles, the recruitment of Kaufisi has been a bust
Brailey can play like a bum till end of time no pressure in him

shaggs

Coach
The bloke took the team to an all time last year and everyone here was jizzing hard, real hard.
Now…. Welcome to the NRL coach.
Came way to easy and now the time to get down and dirty is upon him. It will be the making of him or not.
Standing in the hill at half time today, there was more silence than booing - that speaks volumes to me. New generation of fans happy with that performance?
Odd lives we live in.
I feel like I was standing next to you for the first half.

I was real keen on booing and started but no one else did. It was weird. It was quiet and no one really cared.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I feel like I was standing next to you for the first half.

I was real keen on booing and started but no one else did. It was weird. It was quiet and no one really cared.
It was odd - there was a bloke up on western hill constantly blasting hard “get ‘em on side ref” and people were laughing at him, like he was an imbecile.
Half time comes and the crowd continued to dance around to the pedofiles anthem of sweet Caroline like there was no issue.
Again, happy with mediocrity I guess

SadShark

Bench
I was in the ivory tower with Sam and after 3 minutes he looked at me and asked why the crowd was so flat and quiet? Very telling. Everyone is rattled.
We’ve been to this rodeo before. Many times. We know how it ends. A bit like the finger banging Sister Mary-Eugenie gave me at confession.

At first, it was perplexing curiosity but then, the disappointment of no tongue left me bitter and full of unbridled angst.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It is quite strange. I get over the losses and poor efforts so much quicker now. I have come to realise I think that it really doesn’t matter and the game itself is not even fun to attend even when winning.

The review of every try after the fact takes away a lot of the spontaneity of excitement knowing it’s not locked In.

Anyway, we suck as a team. We deserve to just miss the 8 and I think we will.

shadowboxer

First Grade
A guy in front of us said that it was unfair to boo the team off the ground at half time. Not acceptable. When challenged, he agreed it was worthy of booing, but we shouldn’t be doing it.
In all honesty, I get it and made me think a fair point, but where do you begin and and end with this PC bollocks.

Quicksilver

Bench
It is quite strange. I get over the losses and poor efforts so much quicker now. I have come to realise I think that it really doesn’t matter and the game itself is not even fun to attend even when winning.

The review of every try after the fact takes away a lot of the spontaneity of excitement knowing it’s not locked In.

Anyway, we suck as a team. We deserve to just miss the 8 and I think we will.
Yes, bit by bit everything good about the game has been destroyed. It's difficult to care.

Sharkman

Juniors
The crowd was flat all game. Aside from the last 10 mins, I felt the NRLW had more atmosphere with 1/3 the people.

As for booing, which the team deserved, I thought the PA/ music that came on SUPER quickly and loudly drowned out any discontent.

Hope the entire squad heard the murmuring discontent of another Channel 9; home-ground sell-out; terrible performance; loss.

R-15-3

Bench
We are stuck with the squad we have for the foreseeable future without any big signings. We need to roll the dice and gamble with the players we have.
I can’t see Talakai ever being able to get his defence right at Center or even in the backrow, either keep him as a middle where he has never really shined or is it worth switching him and Ronaldo around in defence and give them a few weeks to see if it’s something they can work on for next year.

PJ

First Grade
We are stuck with the squad we have for the foreseeable future without any big signings. We need to roll the dice and gamble with the players we have.
I can’t see Talakai ever being able to get his defence right at Center or even in the backrow, either keep him as a middle where he has never really shined or is it worth switching him and Ronaldo around in defence and give them a few weeks to see if it’s something they can work on for next year.

May as well, Ronaldo is usually that far in field he may as well be the centre

BWNB

First Grade
The crowd was flat all game. Aside from the last 10 mins, I felt the NRLW had more atmosphere with 1/3 the people.

As for booing, which the team deserved, I thought the PA/ music that came on SUPER quickly and loudly drowned out any discontent.

Hope the entire squad heard the murmuring discontent of another Channel 9; home-ground sell-out; terrible performance; loss.
Players wouldn't care if they got booed

Craigshark

First Grade
Talakai has been hung out to dry by the decision making of Moylan. I haven't seen Talakai make the dumb choices I saw Tracey make yesterday.

that first one for manly’s first try.. can only assume all week they would have spoken about defence and working as a unit only for him to rush up and grab thin air. Idiot

Craigshark

First Grade
Talakai is better than Tracey, but far out he was poor in a few of his efforts last week one on one with berry. Berry just pushed him away. Too much arm grabbing