What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

You've nailed it! This could be big! I guess the first question is how long does the new coach have to establish the winning culture , before the "accepting mediocrity " title is thrown at him and his supporters ? Oh and what is the criteria for a winning culture ? Victory over top eight teams ? Top eight finish ? Top four finish ? Gf in first year ? GF win ? something else ?

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Crikey youse had me scurrying. I just checked. Yeah it is still early October 2021.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
This thread will be one for the ages.

All I will say is 2022 should be seen as what it is, his first year at HC and from 2023 is when I believe he will have the team he wants.

Enjoy the ride.

Bob Scott

Juniors
I get the feeling that with Fitz coming in as coach , having honed his skills over a number of years under good mentors , a hardnose who played tough at the best levels , and the mentality of a couple of the new players we have brought in along with a much more professional approach from the club management , that things are going to built from a solid base with an eye on the long game .
This isn't a win or bust situation , so i'm prepared that it's going to take a couple of seasons to build the team that puts us in a position where we are regular challengers .
I'm more confident than i have for a while that we will win another comp in the next 5 years .

ghoti

Bench
you know, i reckon he'll get some decent results next year considering he's walking into a side that knows how to play alongside each other.. he's not pulling a barrett and walking into a broken side to turn over the entire roster.. lots of continuity in most positions. probably the main challenge is getting the new recruits gelling with a side that (in attack at least) knows each other like the back of their hand..

i think we have a newcastle-like season and come in 7th. then crack the top 6 in 2023.. and who knows from there

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The 17th team will play a part in how we go in 2023 and I see it to our absolute benefit.

I don’t see our guys being in the wanted list from a recruitment perspective for the DolphinJetHawks.

Our biggest names off contract are Moylan, Fifita, Wade and BB. Some others like Williams, BHU and Hunt that I wouldn’t want to lose but I don’t think they are targets.

Big names off contract at end of 2022 include;

Cody Walker
Angus Crichton
Cheese Smith
J Manu
King gutho
R Mahoney
V Kikau

That weakens all of those sides if they leave. And that’s not mentioning players like Munster who are being talked about breaking a contract to sign with Brisbane 2.

Frenzy.

Immortal
You've nailed it! This could be big! I guess the first question is how long does the new coach have to establish the winning culture , before the "accepting mediocrity " title is thrown at him and his supporters ? Oh and what is the criteria for a winning culture ? Victory over top eight teams ? Top eight finish ? Top four finish ? Gf in first year ? GF win ? something else ?

A winning culture is a culture that sets the stage for positive attitudes, high expectations, and successful performances. This is needed before any of the other things happen consistently.

Special K

Coach
It takes a lot to sell me these days but I am completely sold on Fitz. The way he is shaping this roster around no dickheads and talented players to me is exciting. There has been a chance to take some short cuts but the culture fit was not right and he pushed back.

I liked Morris because he tried to establish a standard but the reports were he couldn't actually hold it. Fitzy as a fresh face who is bullish in what he believes deserves the keys. Our side was a borderline 8 team the last few years through guts. I would like to see us push to be a top 4 - 6 team in year one of Fitz.

Weaponhead

Coach
Same. The club is in the best position it's had for years. Business model is in place to sustain revenue growth, return to Shark Park, strong player development, signed 3 top players. The kicker is the coaching team centred around Fitz. He has the credentials and temperament to lead the club to significant on field improvement over the medium term. Top 6 next year, top 4 the next are reasonable expectations.

Latest posts