What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in the Leader tomorrow

Minh

First Grade
Can't wait till they resolve this Moltzen issue it has dragged on too long.

Tim Smith

Juniors
For what it is worth the Telegraph today suggested that a ruling may be handed down later this week. I suppose it keeps us interested during the off season but it will be great if those in charge can get on with making a decision

NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert is expected later this week to hand down a recommendation on where he believes Moltzen should play next season.
Schubert has asked both clubs for additional information about their individual deals with Moltzen.
Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said he would abide by Schubert's decision.

Mr Red

First Grade
Surely you can't just "take" their players, you have to sign them, only if you want them. Not just take the player they want to give us. Taking Brown = giving them what they want.

And from what I hear you need to make sure they have a written release as well.....

you dont take anyone, and they dont give us anyone...
they need to release someone to free up salary cap dollars for Moltzen... they will obviously pay him the same value as his dragons contract..
therefore in theory the dragons would be looking for a replacement and at this late stage where most players have their futures sorted for next season it would be obvious that the player the tigers release would be one we would look to sign...
but in saying that we dont have to sign him..

Mr Red

First Grade
It should not even be up to Saints....

Its the damn NRL who should be stepping in!
What kind of organisation are they and leader is Gallop??

If Moltzen gets his way it will set a precedence to ANYONE who signs a contract to then just turn around and say 'NO i dont want that anymore... boo hoo...'
A contract is a contract...actually, all law is contract...and all contract is law... end of story

Molzten must honour what he signed, also, you cant reward the Tigers for what LUI did to his wife!! And then reward them by turning around and simply saying,,,oh poor things, hear have Timmy back...its just stiff biscuit!!
Miltzen signed and he has to come legally, if not on his own accord, ORDERED by the so called leader of the NRL Gallop.....
No excpetions!
:p

my head seriously hurt after reading this... so what the hell are you actually saying?
if a "contract is a contract ... all law is a contract" as you say then do you mean Moltzen should stay at the tigers since his contract is still valid and no release has been signed??

but then you say "you cant reward the tigers" ???
you do understand that Moltzen was never off contract right??? he was given verbal approval only to negotiate with other clubs, he still had a year to run on his current deal...

you seem to be contradicting yourself?
WTF?? :crazy::crazy:

nontime111

Juniors
Yep.... Sorry about that as I didnt know all the facts... didnt know the Tigers hadnt signed the release , thats the end of this matter then sadly, unless the higher powers of the NRL have some other legal powers, then its probably 99 percent that hes staying put unfortunately, im just as upset as everyone i really like Moltzen.... but the futures liquid, sometimes things may have to make way for even bigger and better things....hey y'know...maybe were primed now with the free money to sign someone even better!!! Like a Dugan ?? Keep yer chins up it hasnt happened yet but we always seem to land on our feet us mighty Dragons!!!
Keep faith.......:lol: