What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the sheds with Ricky (Sterlo)

natheel

Coach
Haha love fui. I reckon he'd be the type of mate/team mate to bring things back to earth and make things relaxed in a tense time or a time of troubles.

Also didn't realise he was 33. Knew he was older but 33? He made is debut in 2004 makes him 25 at debut. Will he retire once this contract is up?

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
What were the special moments and highlights mate? I don't have fox.

Cheers mate. But I don't have YouTube either. Help us out Strider?

Yeah - I don't even have a computer - help us out Strider!

Maybe he could email you both something in braille ?

I just wish he'd give us something. Anything.

what?

who?

am I too late?

jimmy77au

Juniors
This was awesome....

Reminds me a little of a couple of Series shown in the US - Hard Knocks has been a series for the past 7-8 years, going behind the scenes of an NFL Club (2012 - Miami Dolphins) during Training Camp.MLB has had one too - The Franchise: A Season with...(LAst one I saw was San Francisco Giants 2011 - after winning the World Series 2010). Both Extremely good series to watch as a sports fan -shows you all the behind the scenes stuff....would love to see one done on an NRL Club - even if its for Pre Season only...

Fire

First Grade
Hi guys, I don't have foxtel but iirc fox sports were allowed to go into our sheds on the weekend and watch Ricky address our boys. I am pretty sure that it was aired tonight, I'm trying to find it on the Internet somewhere but having trouble, can anyone please help me with where I can find it?

Mate full credit to Sticky. I won't lie I think he's a shit coach and I feel for you guys. But, that was awesome TV, hopefully more coaches / clubs take his lead.

Joely01

Bench
Mate full credit to Sticky. I won't lie I think he's a shit coach and I feel for you guys. But, that was awesome TV, hopefully more coaches / clubs take his lead.

I rate Ricky, he is an upgrade from what we had last year, that's for sure.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Yeah, I thought it was great television but it confimed what I suspected from press conferences and past interviews I have seen.

He is quite one-dimensional and personally, I haven't ever heard him talk particularly intelligently about the game or any of the teams he has coached. He is not a lone ranger but I wouldn't say the same thing about all other coaches.

I wonder whether he has he ability to mix up the team speech if the cliched "look your mate in the eye and know you've left nothing on the field" approach doesn't work? He said it before the game and at half time and I know I'd start to get the shytes if I thought the effort was there but our tactics were poor. However, most league players are boneheads so perhaps a bit of repetition and some cliches is what is required?

To me, he looked more effective when he was talking to one or two players and giving them simple mantras to call upon in the game (i.e slow and patient in the mind). From what I have read about Bennett, this is something that a lot people say he is a master at. He communicates meaningful information in a very uncomplicated fashion and leaves the players in no doubt about what he wants.

Yeah, I thought it was great television but it confimed what I suspected from press conferences and past interviews I have seen.

He is quite one-dimensional and personally, I haven't ever heard him talk particularly intelligently about the game or any of the teams he has coached. He is not a lone ranger but I wouldn't say the same thing about all other coaches.

I wonder whether he has he ability to mix up the team speech if the cliched "look your mate in the eye and know you've left nothing on the field" approach doesn't work? He said it before the game and at half time and I know I'd start to get the shytes if I thought the effort was there but our tactics were poor. However, most league players are boneheads so perhaps a bit of repetition and some cliches is what is required?

To me, he looked more effective when he was talking to one or two players and giving them simple mantras to call upon in the game (i.e slow and patient in the mind). From what I have read about Bennett, this is something that a lot people say he is a master at. He communicates meaningful information in a very uncomplicated fashion and leaves the players in no doubt about what he wants.

but i think he is attacking the eels biggest problem area which is confidence any time something goes against them in a game they drop their heads and say 'here we go again'

in 2009 you could see they were ripping in for each other god i'd give anything to have that desperate defence right now

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
but i think he is attacking the eels biggest problem area which is confidence any time something goes against them in a game they drop their heads and say 'here we go again'

in 2009 you could see they were ripping in for each other god i'd give anything to have that desperate defence right now

Yep. There are certainly some fragile individuals within the squad and he seems to be mindful of this.

natheel

Coach

Because Steve price is such a champion coach

Fire

First Grade
Because Steve price is such a champion coach

As OP said, Sticky is an upgrade on Kearny, and I agree.

But, yes, I think Price is a better coach than Sticky.

Anyways, those are my opinions and that's all I've got to say as I don't wanna f**k up the OP's thread.

Delboy

First Grade
Wouldn't matter if Bennett or Bellamy was coach at the Eels, neither would be good enough to satisfy the critics and there would be someone better coaching elsewhere

Sigh

Springbokfly

Juniors

Ricky Stuart is a terrible coach. Left both the Roosters and Sharks in a mess.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Wouldn't matter if Bennett or Bellamy was coach at the Eels, neither would be good enough to satisfy the critics and there would be someone better coaching elsewhere

Sigh

If Bellamy was at the eels there would be a better coach somewhere else. His name is Wayne Bennett.

If Bennett was at the eels there would be a better coach somewhere else. His name is Pou Pou Escobar.

Joely01

Bench

Anyways, those are my opinions and that's all I've got to say as I don't wanna f**k up the OP's thread.

Please explain Price being a better coach then Ricky. I can't wait for this.

strider

Post Whore

we can tell you're not from around these parts - f'n up threads is what we do best around here :lol:

Latest posts