What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"IN WANE WE TRUST" ................ Shaun Wane that is.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yep, I’ve come to the conclusion that Shane Wane is the top choice out there. May not be true, but no other names thrown out there tick the boxes as well for me.

Agree- but can't help thinking that if Wane, a pom, has been linked to the Cowboys job in hot, sticky tropical Queensland and not to a job in the more climate friendly Illawarra, there must be something going on behind the scenes which has resulted in him being turned off SGI

Mjab

Juniors
Agree- but can't help thinking that if Wane, a pom, has been linked to the Cowboys job in hot, sticky tropical Queensland and not to a job in the more climate friendly Illawarra, there must be something going on behind the scenes which has resulted in him being turned off SGI

He probably spoke to the BOD and pulled his application

St Georgio

Juniors
JOBS FOR THE BOYS.
Dean Young will be dragons next coach!

possm

Coach
JOBS FOR THE BOYS.
Dean Young will be dragons next coach!
We often hear on this forum that members will pull their support if such and such happens. I have been a Saints supporter for over 60 years and never have given up on the Dragons.

However, on this occasion I will give up on the Saints if Young is appointed head coach. It would be the most reckless decision ever made by the Club's Board and frankly, I would rather spend my time with my grand kids and avoid all the anxiety.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I was always told that given everything the one thing the dragons have going for them is if an old boy ever fell in hard times be it health or money that saints would always support them.
I remember years ago when I think Ray price was struggling and the eels did nothing a radio show host said the dragons on the other hand would help no end to any old boy.

At the time I thought we are a great club. 5-10 years later I am having doubts

possm

Coach
I was always told that given everything the one thing the dragons have going for them is if an old boy ever fell in hard times be it health or money that saints would always support them.
I remember years ago when I think Ray price was struggling and the eels did nothing a radio show host said the dragons on the other hand would help no end to any old boy.

At the time I thought we are a great club. 5-10 years later I am having doubts
Yes, I support the idea to give our old boys a hand up when times are bad and they need help. The appointment to high level positions is where I would draw the line but passing around the hat and then with the club matching dollar for dollar collected would seem to me to be the right thing to do.

draco

Juniors
We often hear on this forum that members will pull their support if such and such happens. I have been a Saints supporter for over 60 years and never have given up on the Dragons.

However, on this occasion I will give up on the Saints if Young is appointed head coach. It would be the most reckless decision ever made by the Club's Board and frankly, I would rather spend my time with my grand kids and avoid all the anxiety.

Yep, now 67 and with 6 grand kids, I am also in that basket.

Dragsters

First Grade
Dear Ryan Webb, CEO St. George-Illawarra Dragons,

Could you please enlighten us Dragons faithful as to why the most credentialled coach available, Shaun Wane, the only one that realistically tick all of your criteria, and some, appears absent from all touted lists of potential Dragons coaching candidates?

Thanks in advance.

Dragons Faithful...

possm

Coach

Could you please enlighten us Dragons faithful as to why the most credentialled coach available, Shaun Wane, the only one that realistically tick all of your criteria, and some, appears absent from all touted lists of potential Dragons coaching candidates?

Thanks in advance.

Dragons Faithful...
Email it to him and let us know the answer.

to_ddeath

Coach
Hi Todd,
Thanks for your note. I’m currently waiting for a meeting so thought I’d quickly jump on and reply.
Shaun Wane was considered and we did a lot of background work. Although his winning percentage is strong, there were other aspects that meant he didn’t get through to our final group. It’s probably worth noting that he has missed out on other NRL jobs so I hope that gives you some comfort that our decision is fair.
You might be interested to know that the coach has to be decided upon unanimously by the board, as our board is made up of 4 members from each shareholder, it will ensure we get the best candidate for the job.
I am also aware that this is just a first step. Once we have a coach it is then important to build people and systems around him to address any weaknesses and take advantage of his strengths.
Thanks for your support.
Kind regards,
Ryan

Dragsters

First Grade
Hi Todd,
Thanks for your note. I’m currently waiting for a meeting so thought I’d quickly jump on and reply.
Shaun Wane was considered and we did a lot of background work. Although his winning percentage is strong, there were other aspects that meant he didn’t get through to our final group. It’s probably worth noting that he has missed out on other NRL jobs so I hope that gives you some comfort that our decision is fair.
You might be interested to know that the coach has to be decided upon unanimously by the board, as our board is made up of 4 members from each shareholder, it will ensure we get the best candidate for the job.
I am also aware that this is just a first step. Once we have a coach it is then important to build people and systems around him to address any weaknesses and take advantage of his strengths.
Thanks for your support.
Kind regards,
Ryan

Ok I'll play along.

Thanks for your response but you fail to address the most important aspect of the question. See bold text above...

ps. Not sure who Todd is, but I suspect he may have asked the same question, as have many.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Thanks in advance.

Dragons Faithful...
Finally you are feeling my frustration. There must be something more to it like he has too many conditions attached or a huge asking price?

Mjab

Juniors
Righto everyone, now I've discovered Hook is one twitter retweet away from becoming Pete Evans, I'm fully on board the Wane Train.

Can't wait for this club to disappoint me again!
Just heard Pete Evans coming on board as health and nutrition consultant

Latest posts