What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In what direction is the universe expanding?

Yes,

Yes, I would also commend this vid to forumers.

It is a testament to the amazing people who put Webb together.

That it is working better than expected is simply amazing.

It looks back so to only 360 million years after the Big Bang. That’s mind blowing.

It can go further and who knows, maybe Webb 2 can get us to the start.

As you know, my theory is something was there.

It could have just been a sub trillionthy atomy thing from a long dead universe, or something being put there.

We are still trying to find exo planets.

We might just leave the other planet alone. We don’t have a good record. We will probably just kill it, exploit it for resources etc.

Nutz

Bench
It also means that we are literally in the centre of the universe. Then again, so is everywhere else. And no matter where you are, there is a 13.5 billion light year horizon and you'll never know what is part that.
My dad dabbled in astronomy and he was committed in saying that space has no limits.
Like the theory that once said the earth is flat and if you go to the edge you will fall off...people believed it because it was an unknown.
If it is possible to travel at lightspeeds and providing you don't hit anything or consumed and were able to live forever, you would just keep travelling forever............................................and forever....
This reminds me of a riddle.
Q. How far can you walk into a forest?
A. Halfway, any further and you'll be walking out.

My dad dabbled in astronomy and he was committed in saying that space has no limits.
Like the theory that once said the earth is flat and if you go to the edge you will fall off...people believed it because it was an unknown.
If it is possible to travel at lightspeeds and providing you don't hit anything or consumed and were able to live forever, you would just keep travelling forever............................................and forever....
This reminds me of a riddle.
Q. How far can you walk into a forest?
A. Halfway, any further and you'll be walking out.

If you walk across the Tigers boardroom, you go around and around and around.

A little bit OT, but the concept of time always intrigues me. I swear some universal Fat Controller is accelerating time.

As I get older, events seem like they happened yesterday. Two prime examples the advent of COVID - it feels like it started a year ago. Another is when I broke my ankle in September 2018. In my strange world, it occurred two years ago. Remember when Christmas school holidays took forever? Now a two week holiday lasts for a few days.

I have a hare brained theory about this. As you get older, the proportion of a certain length of time decreases as time progresses. For example, a four year old kid sees one year as being 25% of his entire life, while his 40 year old father sees the same time period as being just 2.5% of his life. It's a bit difficult to explain but hopefully you'll get the gist of it.

Nuke

Staff member
A little bit OT, but the concept of time always intrigues me. I swear some universal Fat Controller is accelerating time.

As I get older, events seem like they happened yesterday. Two prime examples the advent of COVID - it feels like it started a year ago. Another is when I broke my ankle in September 2018. In my strange world, it occurred two years ago. Remember when Christmas school holidays took forever? Now a two week holiday lasts for a few days.

I have a hare brained theory about this. As you get older, the proportion of a certain length of time decreases as time progresses. For example, a four year old kid sees one year as being 25% of his entire life, while his 40 year old father sees the same time period as being just 2.5% of his life. It's a bit difficult to explain but hopefully you'll get the gist of it.
I once heard this analogy that I love:
'Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the quicker it goes'.

Latest posts