What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inception

Carnifex

Juniors
Anyone seen it yet?

i watched it yesterday...thought it was really good, one of those mind f**k sorta films...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw it last night. Absolutely magnificent mind f**k.

You can't afford to take your eyes off the screen or lose concentration or you'll miss something.

Great film. Leonardo Di Caprio, IMO, has become the premier actor worldwide ever since he did Gangs of New York his repotoire has become first class and so to his performances. I thought it kind of jumped around for the first twenty minutes but then it all unfolded brilliantly at the end. I like how Nolan works with a regular cast that he is used to working with and hopefully Di Caprio replaces Bale as his main go to guy.

It pisses me off though that people have been critical of the ending like they can't watch the film then decide for themselves they need to be told, Nolan said it was an open ending so you can believe for yourself.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Great film. Leonardo Di Caprio, IMO, has become the premier actor worldwide ever since he did Gangs of New York his repotoire has become first class and so to his performances. I thought it kind of jumped around for the first twenty minutes but then it all unfolded brilliantly at the end. I like how Nolan works with a regular cast that he is used to working with and hopefully Di Caprio replaces Bale as his main go to guy.

It pisses me off though that people have been critical of the ending like they can't watch the film then decide for themselves they need to be told, Nolan said it was an open ending so you can believe for yourself.

Agree with everything. Terrific film.

And Leo has quickly become one of my favourite actors. IMO his work recently has been top notch:

Blood Diamond
Shutter Island
The spy one with Russell Crowe (can't remember the name but it, too, was great)
Inception

Terrific actor, he is/has become.

andrew057

First Grade
Saw it tonight. Fantastic film. Great concept, brilliant cast and amazing cinematography.

Nolan is the man.

Carnifex

Juniors
****SPOILER ALERT****

I was reading an intresting post on the IMDB boards and one of the members had an idea about the ending...it was that Leo's characters totum was actually his kids faces....the spinning top was actually his wifes (he took it from the safe). He made a few good points...i like endings like that where there is so many differing opinions about it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
****SPOILER ALERT****

I was reading an intresting post on the IMDB boards and one of the members had an idea about the ending...it was that Leo's characters totum was actually his kids faces....the spinning top was actually his wifes (he took it from the safe). He made a few good points...i like endings like that where there is so many differing opinions about it.

****SPOILER*****

They never revealed what Cobb's totem was; he just explained he took his wife's...That theory about the faces could be worth a shot. However, it would detract from the "open-ended ending" - if his totem was his kids' faces (proving he was not in a dream), then the final shot of "will the top stop spinning?" [showing it was not a dream] or "will it teeter and stop?" [meaning he was dreaming] would be redundant, because we already saw he saw his kids' faces...

My two cents.

Oh and I want to reiterate what a freaking great film this is. Leo and Nolan rock.

Ridders

Coach
****SPOILER ALERT****

*****SPOILERS again*****

Interesting theory. Say that were the case, would that mean that the entire movie was another dream layer as throughout the entire movie Leo could never see his kid's faces. So at the end since he does see their faces, that means he's awakened from the dream? Or could it be vice versa in the sense that the fact that he CAN'T see his kids faces is an indication that he is awake and when he does see their faces, then that mean's that he's dreaming? That wouldn't make much sense though.

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
I don't think Nolan has made a bad film.

Memento
Insomnia
The batman movies
Inception

He as become my favourite director in only a handful of movies.

And yes, Inception was indeed rad! I need another viewing though, so much to take in.

hellteam

First Grade
Great film, Leo's my favourite actor for sure.

Inception is now sitting at #3 top movie ever on IMDB, rated 9.1/10. Will probably go down after a while - most movies inevitable do on IMDB - but it's still impressive. I don't think it was THAT good to be honest, seemed to drag on a bit, but it was enjoyable anyway.

Chook Norris

First Grade
yer it was a good movie but not worth the spot of top #10 in IMDB

tbh i thought at times a little far'fetchd but that's just me maybe..

still a very strong movie and one of the best of the year