What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

India vs New Zealand 1st Test

Meth

Staff member
wow- nice ball from Patel to get Laxman- good session from NZ

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Good end to the session there. Still very worried about how we are going to fare on this pitch.

beads6

First Grade
That Bennett you blokes averages 37 or something, is he highly rated or just a random weird selection??

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That Bennett you blokes averages 37 or something, is he highly rated or just a random weird selection??

apparently he bowled a fast spell to Vettori at some point and that was enough

He is average, is always injured and bowls crap lengths.

When he was picked in the 1 dayers, they pointed to his good form for Canterbury, which translated to 1/156 from 25 overs in the past 2 seasons :lol:

blain

Juniors
Your thinking of Mckay BH in terms of bowled a fast spell at Vettori. At least Bennett has alot more potential to improve than Andy.

But he isnt ready for Tests yet, still needs to get that average down to the early 30s. Maybe the odd one dayer.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well managed to only lose just the two wickets at the end of yesterday's play. Hopefully they keep rolling on and don't lose more today

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Your thinking of Mckay BH in terms of bowled a fast spell at Vettori. At least Bennett has alot more potential to improve than Andy.

But he isnt ready for Tests yet, still needs to get that average down to the early 30s. Maybe the odd one dayer.

Have been told that Bennett also is in the side on Vettori's request

He will never be of any value in ODIs I don't think, too erratic, club cricketers clean him up most weekends down here

Red Bear

Referee
Williamson and Ryder doing well, Kiwi's are getting a decent middle order together. Tope three still an issue.

Had to laugh at the joke on cricinfo

What is Jesse Ryders favourite shot?

Tequilla!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah I think our middle order is more then useful now. Hopefully McCullum makes a good fist of opening and then that leaves the opener sport and first drop to sort out. Hopefully Guptil comes right.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
Young Williamson looking good for you blokes, looks like gambling on youth does pay off. Not much beats watching a debutant hit a ton on debut I hope he can do it...

Panther_Daz

Staff member
NZ could go very close to India's score. Vettori needs to hang around for at least a session though.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
We've been saying for a while that Williamson is our best prospect since Crowe and he's already starting to show it. Got his ODI debut ton after about 5 innings and a great debut test knock so far. Taylor, Ryder, Williamson is good middle order.

blain

Juniors
just those openers eh!! i think mccullum could be ok, but toshy is not flash at all. Man i hope williamson gets 100, hes such a mature cricketer for his age, he could be a great for us.

JJ

Immortal
We've been saying for a while that Williamson is our best prospect since Crowe and he's already starting to show it. Got his ODI debut ton after about 5 innings and a great debut test knock so far. Taylor, Ryder, Williamson is good middle order.

I am so pleased that Williamson isn't phased by the big wraps... he's mature kid, which makes his non-playing last season laughable... he's already achieved much more in first class cricket than Guptill, and has a game built for test cricket

As you, I, and many others have said, he's easily the best prospect since Crowe - he's organised, technically good, disciplined, and mature... hopefully he delivers on it, and matures into a world-class player

aussies1st

Staff member
Well played NZ, I really hope they can hold out for a draw at the very least, a win would be very amazing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ton for Williamson, he looks like he has so much time no matter what the length. Haven't seen footwork this good from a Kiwi batsman for a long time

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He looks a very good talent, good to see NZ throw him in and give him a go. We have a guy called Mitchell Marsh who is the same age and i have no doubt just as talented who probably wont get a go for at least 5 years :roll:

Latest posts