What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

India vs New Zealand 1st Test

Fast Eddie

First Grade
India probably have to last another 40-45 overs I reckon to get the draw. Laxman without a doubt the key wicket.

African Monkey

First Grade
I can't see us winning with just the 1 seamer. Hopefully I'm wrong, but Vettori and Patel aren't good enough to rip through these guys and if you go through our last test victories excluding Bangladesh (England 2008, Pakistan end of last year), the seamers were the winners for us on both occasions.

TheParraboy

Staff member
India 6/86, lead of 110

1 day to play

Martin can rest up over night and skittle the tail tomorrow morning fingers crossed

Hopefully NZ will have less than 150 to chase down, though will be tough to even get that with probably aroudn 2 session left to ge them

JJ

Immortal
Martin's a very underrated bowler... he's always been decent...

Can't believe we're in with a chance of winning this - now if we can just find an opener to replace McIntosh, and a # 3 for a season or two until Williamson shifts there (Watling is very mediocre)... Jamie How is a good option for either, I think... and hopefully the likes of Neesham develop

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yup Jamie How should get another crack I fell and then hope and then move Williamson up in a yea or so. And hopefully Guptil can get back into some form down at 5 or 6.

African Monkey

First Grade
Leave McIntosh at the top. Like him or not, he's still the best opener in the country which does say a bit about our opening batsmen in NZ. Guptill shouldn't be in India as well, he should be playing domestic cricket.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
are they Martin's career best figures ?

I've never rated the guy but that's a pretty good return

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Leave McIntosh at the top. Like him or not, he's still the best opener in the country which does say a bit about our opening batsmen in NZ. Guptill shouldn't be in India as well, he should be playing domestic cricket.

Really? It's not like McIntosh has dominated domestic Cricket. He is a grafter and probably deserves a few more tests but he needs a score soon I reckon.

Fast Eddie

First Grade

He's got a 6 for before, he had a series against the South Africans about 5-6 years ago where he tore them to pieces. Good opportunity to bag 6-7 or seven today though being the only quick.

JJ

Immortal
Yup Jamie How should get another crack I fell and then hope and then move Williamson up in a yea or so. And hopefully Guptil can get back into some form down at 5 or 6.

TBH, I'd actually prefer Guptill to play some first class cricket, he's never really established himself there - the good thing is he, Williamson, McCullum, Taylor and Ryder are all talented... the other two spots are a worry - but we could do worse than use How, and perhaps Papps until the next couple are ready - Neesham, and there's a young opener in Wellington from memory?

JJ

Immortal

He has a couple of 6 fors - against Sri Lanka and RSA... he chooses good lineups to perform well against...

he's honest as the day is long, and one of the best batsmen to watch I have ever seen

JJ

Immortal

Best opener in the country?? Drugs are bad...

Seriously, if we want a 30-something tradesman then How and Papps are clearly better, and importantly more talented... McIntosh is gutsy, but incredibly ordinary

African Monkey

First Grade
Best opener in the country?? Drugs are bad...

Seriously, if we want a 30-something tradesman then How and Papps are clearly better, and importantly more talented... McIntosh is gutsy, but incredibly ordinary
How is good but still has technical problems which he needs to work on. Papps is a f**ken joke at international level and nothing more than a domestic bully.

I never said I rated McIntosh, but he is the best opener in the country.

JJ

Immortal
How is good but still has technical problems which he needs to work on. Papps is a f**ken joke at international level and nothing more than a domestic bully.

I never said I rated McIntosh, but he is the best opener in the country.

Papps is hardly a bully... and McIntosh has many more technical issues than both... starting with just how gumby and uncoordinated he seems to be