What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous Sharks

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I’m really edging towards 3 boppers and a Talakai type - no need for a utility on the bench with Tracey in centres and McInnes at 13. There’s enough versatility in the starting 13 to negate the need for a bench utility.
BHU, Williams and Talakai as your week on week staple benchies, and then a Fifita/Hunt/Pele type who can be used as a luxury 10 minute high impact cameo - could potentially be used as game/momentum changers. More value in that than a utility IMO.
Yeah agree with this... Gonna be a few handy footballers playing for the Jets. I reckon Fitzy could do wonders for Teig Wilton too but I just don't see where he fits in tbh.

Weaponhead

Coach
I’m really edging towards 3 boppers and a Talakai type - no need for a utility on the bench with Tracey in centres and McInnes at 13. There’s enough versatility in the starting 13 to negate the need for a bench utility.
BHU, Williams and Talakai as your week on week staple benchies, and then a Fifita/Hunt/Pele type who can be used as a luxury 10 minute high impact cameo - could potentially be used as game/momentum changers. More value in that than a utility IMO.
Looking at the composition of the likely first choice pack, this approach makes sense.
Finucane is a 60+ minute player
Rudolf can play (and often did play) 60 + minutes
Brailey can play 80 but may switch with McInness
Wade and Nikora will play 80 except with injury
McInness is 80

With this kind of pack, you can have power players for short stints (Uele, Fifita, Pele, Hunt) and versatile forwards such as Williams/Talakai. No real need for a utility unless it is a tactical move ie play Moylan in a middle link role to open a game up.

Weaponhead

Coach
Yeah agree with this... Gonna be a few handy footballers playing for the Jets. I reckon Fitzy could do wonders for Teig Wilton too but I just don't see where he fits in tbh.
Wilton will get plenty of footy given the likely chopping and changing with COVID and injuries. Right now, I would see him as third choice edge starter after Wade and Nikora. He is Wade's natural successor depending on what he wants to do with his next contract and/or head knock situation.

island pro

Juniors
My biggest worry is the we are entering another season without a guru goal kicker. It has cost us in the past and I don't think Nico or Trindall are in the top tier. Hope i'm wrong and Nico dominates the goal kicking of course.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Wilton will get plenty of footy given the likely chopping and changing with COVID and injuries. Right now, I would see him as third choice edge starter after Wade and Nikora. He is Wade's natural successor depending on what he wants to do with his next contract and/or head knock situation.
With Teig depending on how Tracey goes, could we see Fitzy change him into a centre

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
My biggest worry is the we are entering another season without a guru goal kicker. It has cost us in the past and I don't think Nico or Trindall are in the top tier. Hope i'm wrong and Nico dominates the goal kicking of course.
I reckon between Nico and Tricky we have it covered. Reckon we have plenty of points in us too just quietly. (Once the new combinations gel)

Weaponhead

Coach
For context, Trindall career is 80%, last season 81.82%. Hazem el Masri career is 81.97% and Daryl halligan is 79.31%.

The sample sizes are vastly different but Trindall has the makings of a very good kicker. He nailed one from the sideline on Saturday where Hynes missed 2 easier shots. Hynes looks tentative to me in his kicking action. Trindall also isn't the smoothest but does get it over.

Stake Removed

First Grade
For context, Trindall career is 80%, last season 81.82%. Hazem el Masri career is 81.97% and Daryl halligan is 79.31%.

The sample sizes are vastly different but Trindall has the makings of a very good kicker. He nailed one from the sideline on Saturday where Hynes missed 2 easier shots. Hynes looks tentative to me in his kicking action. Trindall also isn't the smoothest but does get it over.
Trindall still needs to be in starting 13, that would be biggest obstacle

PJ

First Grade

Agreed, and the conditions were atrocius Sat

Weaponhead

Coach
Trindall still needs to be in starting 13, that would be biggest obstacle
Hynes career is 76.5% which is pretty good. He will definitely be in the starting lineup.

I would be starting Trindall at 7 and Hynes at 6 with Trindall kicking. Hynes may well want to kick as part of placing his stamp as the dominant playmaker but for mine Trindall is a better kicker.

I would start Trindall over Moylan as I reckon he complements Hynes better but can see why Fitz would go for Moylan with his experience and excellent passing game when at his best.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Can't believe you guys think Trindall will get the nod over Moyzaah!!

Moylan with all his injury problems is still in another class at this point, imo. I'd like to be proven wrong but just can't see it happening this year.

Quigs

Immortal
Teig is no centre. Maybe as a last ditch replacement but with the squad this year he should not be call upon or either should Talakai.

shadowboxer

First Grade

Moylan with all his injury problems is still in another class at this point, imo. I'd like to be proven wrong but just can't see it happening this year.
Agree - Trindall looks the goods but Moylan hasn’t been kept to sit in the stands with that glazed over look. The real positive for Trindall being that Moylan has Inspector Clouseau syndrome and will be injured for a good portion of the season.

I'm actually wondering if Moylan will in fact be the chief play maker, and Nicho the more traditional 5/8 position. We'll know soon enough what they've been training for, but it would not surprise me in the least, and it wouldn't shock me if that is completely wrong.

R-15-3

Bench
I thought Nicho played best the other night when he went in at first receiver and looked a tad lost when he played further out.
Huge part of that is being behind a poor forward pack and slow service from the hooker so the time he got it 2 wide was rushed.
Was a set or 2 where he demanded the ball at first receiver on a few plays back to back and really looked like an out and out 7 and think that’s going to be his best position.
If that’s the case I can’t see Trindal playing 6 or even in the top few options at 6 and have him behind a few for the 14 jumper as well.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Moyza has 2-3 good games a year... usually against shit sides. He also isn't the future. I might be wrong but I highly doubt Moyza gets first shot. He'll play the first trial v the pennies then Tricky and Nicho will play the main trial v the dogs. Reckon Royce will be the only player that will back up this week.