What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis may be lost to the code?

Minh

First Grade
let's not forget they've lost a very talented young player in Champion to accomodate fat Inglis and then some.

RAB-161

Juniors
It's conceivable. It's Greg Inglis. It's original It's original.

lol

And rabies, you need to get your facts right. Start with working out how many games Gasnier played in 2010. You'll soon see that your comparison is flawed from the outset.

Plus, I don't give a stuff about who Inglis plays for. If you want to have a moan, direct it at hollywood loudmouth who almost blew the Inglis deal by boasting on international TV before the NRL had a copy of the detail.

It made 50uff$ look like a laughing stock, and was the biggest comedy routine since old Dr Edelsten tried to buy the Sharks for his missus.
You certainly are an awesome speller - for someone who can't count to 15 successfully.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You may wish to re-visit the facts and try again.
Please enlighten me. You're the one with the selective 'fact' finding.

Have you worked out yet many games Gasnier played in 2010?

RAB-161 said:
You certainly are an awesome speller
That's better. I assume you found yourself a spellchecker.

I just know how to spell Inglis. You would think a 50uff$ supporter would at least have a clue.
Rabies said:
for someone who can't count to 15 successfully.
I can do better than that, I can count to 16. Sweet Sixteen.

But I'm shocked by your attempt at diversion here rabies, it's so unlike a troll to avoid the subject matter. They are usually well informed intellectuals and able to articulate themselves in an expert manner. Did you not read Russell's memo?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
let's not forget they've lost a very talented young player in Champion to accomodate fat Inglis and then some.
Well time will tell. What's extraordinary is that some 50uff$ supporters think they should have been allowed to keep Champion as well. And the same dill(s) compares it to Gasnier. We let go of Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan for starters. We have released at least 10 players and acquired just four, including Gasnier.

Link: http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/news.php?newsid=20249

Minh

First Grade
Well time will tell. What's extraordinary is that some 50uff$ supporters think they should have been allowed to keep Champion as well. And the same dill(s) compares it to Gasnier. We let go of Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan for starters. We have released at least 10 players and acquired just four, including Gasnier.

Typical $ouff$ anything to break the drought I guess. Most of these guys are clueless and would attack anything with a Red V on it. Inglis is a great player and will be good for them but I'm not sure whether his best days are behind him, like you said time will tell.

Father Ted

First Grade
But the announcement came on the same day respected sports' performance expert Dean Benton declared Inglis was so out of shape and patched up, that he'd be a "bad buy" for any club.
A fitness consultant for the Queensland Reds and AFL's Adelaide Crows, Benton said Inglis's ballooning weight - reportedly up around 120kg heading into Christmas following recent shoulder and hip operations - could seriously impact on his form in 2011.
"Whoever takes him will not get anything out of him in 2011," said Benton, recruited specifically by then coach Wayne Bennett when the Brisbane won their sixth and most recent NRL premiership in 2006
LOL

blacklock

Juniors
pfft... thats just a smoke screen lol his weight will be a non issue. given time and given the team around him are equally up to the task on the field, inglis will go well. i hope he does (altho i am a dragons supporter!) i like to see talented people shine.

RAB-161

Juniors

You really have a short attention span. The issue is not how many players are released to accommodate a new signing. The issue is that no player previously has had a nominated value placed on him. That is why Gasnier was listed at $50,000 Lockyer is nominated at $250,000 and Burgess at $175,000 this year. With this deal however Souths were told that the amount listed under the salary cap had to be a value nominated by the NRL. Whether the previous deals were in the best interests of an even competition or not remains debatable.However, they set a precedent for deals to follow.
The decision on the third parrty agreements was even more outrageous;with the NRL virtually nominating that the companies and a charity involved were liars. They all signed statutory declarations and were "interviewed" by the salary cap auditor but their evidence was completely ignored. Every one of the third party sponsors involved have come out in the press to express their anger at the treatment they have received and their astonishment at the ruling.
I know it doesn't suit you but the more the facts are revealed the more it is obvious that the Souths management have done nothing wrong in putting together this deal.

saintzrule

Juniors
You really have a short attention span. The issue is not how many players are released to accommodate a new signing. The issue is that no player previously has had a nominated value placed on him. That is why Gasnier was listed at $50,000 Lockyer is nominated at $250,000 and Burgess at $175,000 this year. With this deal however Souths were told that the amount listed under the salary cap had to be a value nominated by the NRL. Whether the previous deals were in the best interests of an even competition or not remains debatable.However, they set a precedent for deals to follow.
The decision on the third parrty agreements was even more outrageous;with the NRL virtually nominating that the companies and a charity involved were liars. They all signed statutory declarations and were "interviewed" by the salary cap auditor but their evidence was completely ignored. Every one of the third party sponsors involved have come out in the press to express their anger at the treatment they have received and their astonishment at the ruling.
I know it doesn't suit you but the more the facts are revealed the more it is obvious that the Souths management have done nothing wrong in putting together this deal.
Yeah, just keep on repeating those lies until you believe them! Schubert acknowledged that he treated 50uff$ the same as he treated Melbourne, Brisbane and the Titans in their regards to GI. Stat decs are useless. If rusty ever walks away ,you guys are deadmeat. You are just like Chelsea, the playthings of a meglomaniac.And where is the selfish one parking his famous boat?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You really have a short attention span.
Sorry, I stopped reading after that. You started off poorly.

First answer my questions:

Are you able to make any attempt to acknowledge that Gasnier only played 12 games in 2010?

Do you still think 50uff$ should not have to shed any players to fit Inglis under the salary cap?

Do you understand that Champion has been released?

Have I successfully taught you how to spell 'Inglis'?

RAB-161

Juniors
Sorry, I stopped reading after that. You started off poorly.

First answer my questions:

Are you able to make any attempt to acknowledge that Gasnier only played 12 games in 2010?

Do you still think 50uff$ should not have to shed any players to fit Inglis under the salary cap?

Do you understand that Champion has been released?

Have I successfully taught you how to spell 'Inglis'?
In answer to your questions.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Now if you could just ask some questions that are relevant to the discussion; we may get somewhere.

Father Ted

First Grade
Okay try this one , you have gone out and added to your forwards and backs . When are you going to buy some decent halves?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Now if you could just ask some questions that are relevant to the discussion; we may get somewhere.
You brought up Gasnier. Your mistake. But I educated you on Gasnier.

I subsequently mentioned 50uff$, Champion and Inglis. Which one of these was not relevant to the discussion?

Need a new shovel?

Minh

First Grade
Is that like the time Gasneir was the answer to our 5/8th woes?:D

Yes exactly or the time Melbourne had said Inglis at 5/8, even Jamie Lyon at 5/8 makes him a lesser player than in the centres IMO. The only two players off the top off my head that successfully played both centres and 5/8 is Freddy Fittler and Laurie Daley oh yeah and Brett Kenny make that three. There definately would have been others but not in recent memory for mine.

Latest posts