What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

BDH

Juniors
So originally he wanted to stay with the Storm, then that looked unlikely so he was looking at big money in Brisbane. Then he decides to bail out of that deal...

HE and his manager agreed to terms, the Storm didn't.

I've got a bad feeling firming up that there will be next to zero consequences for the club or players.

Except losing 2 premierships and the entire 2010 season?

:roll::crazy:

Doomednow

Bench
Stripping the premierships and removing them from the 2010 competition was somewhat of a consequence.

HE and his manager agreed to terms, the Storm didn't.

Except losing 2 premierships and the entire 2010 season?

:roll::crazy:

OK my bad. Should have specified that I meant beyond the current consequences. Though according to some points of view (including mine, in case you hadn't guessed) that is hardly consequence. Just the righting of wrongs. Punishment for deliberately sabotaging the competition should exceed recognition of the fact that they cheated in previous years.

Brutus

Referee
Just heard on the radio that Inglis will sign with the Broncos for two years on Monday.

So it's the Fab 3 now.

_Johnsy

Referee
Well it would appear that Hodges won't return, contrary to reports that he is due to return within a moth. No Hodges in 2011 ? Not a bad replacement, somewhat better.

Big Mick

Referee
What a joke.

So the Broncos lose Sims, Winterstein and Folau but able to afford Hannant, Inglis and Tronc mid-season.

Yeah that's balanced in the books.

Surely they'd need to let someone go?

Dazzat

First Grade
Well it would appear that Hodges won't return, contrary to reports that he is due to return within a moth. No Hodges in 2011 ? Not a bad replacement, somewhat better.

No Hodges in 2011? Haven't heard that one ... Hodges was only shown this week talking about coming back before the finals.

They have been rumors about his not appear at all this year due to the confidence issues he'll face ... not great for finals football.

There were also rumors was eyeing off England as well ... but they've been crushed. But who knows ... any backline with Inglis is worth it.

Smiley

Bench
What a joke.

So the Broncos lose Sims, Winterstein and Folau but able to afford Hannant, Inglis and Tronc mid-season.

Yeah that's balanced in the books.

Surely they'd need to let someone go?

PJ Marsh was forced to retire in preseason, we released Joel Clinton and Steve Michaels. Plus we lost Hunt and haven't replaced him.

Slammin

Juniors
Hodges won't return? Any source or just your rear end?

As far as I'm aware Inglis is Folau's replacement

Big Mick

Referee
PJ Marsh was forced to retire in preseason, we released Joel Clinton and Steve Michaels. Plus we lost Hunt and haven't replaced him.

Really?

Marsh and Michaels were on nothing.

Clinton..yeah he was on decent coin.

You also upgraded contracts when Hunt left and signed guys like Ben Te'o etc.

I just don't buy the fact you wont have to release someone else to make room for him.

Hodges, Inglis, Lockyer, Wallace, Thaiday, Parker...what are they on no money at all? If all are on between 300-500 thats a massive chunk. Then you got guys like Tronc, Kemp, Te'o etc...

End of the day...Good on the Broncos for fitting him in...but I would have preferred to see him go to a team like the Knights, Canberra, Sharks or Cowboys.

Last edited:

Smiley

Bench
Really?

Marsh and Michaels were on nothing.

Clinton..yeah he was on decent coin.

You also upgraded contracts when Hunt left and signed guys like Ben Te'o etc.

I just don't buy the fact you wont have to release someone else to make room for him.

Hodges, Inglis, Lockyer, Wallace, Thaiday, Parker...what are they on no money at all? If all are on between 300-500 thats a massive chunk. Then you got guys like Tronc, Kemp, Te'o etc...

End of the day...Good on the Broncos for fitting him in...but I would have preferred to see him go to a team like the Knights, Canberra, Sharks or Cowboys.

Marsh was on at least 250K and Michael about 120K.

Thaiday, Parker, Hodges are all up for renewal next season.

Hodges would be on good coin about 300-350k.

Parker isn't what you would call a game breaker so he wouldn't be commanding big dollars.

Thaiday is due for a upgrade because the contract he signed was when he was a impact player off the bench.

Kemp is on peanuts after failing at the Warriors and returning with his tail between his legs.

Te'o would be around the 200-250K mark and before this season hadn't showed much.

Believe it or not but Tronc was returning to Australia to play QCup before the Broncos stepped in.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Marsh was on at least 250K and Michael about 120K.

Thaiday, Parker, Hodges are all up for renewal next season.

Hodges would be on good coin about 300-350k.

Parker isn't what you would call a game breaker so he wouldn't be commanding big dollars.

Thaiday is due for a upgrade because the contract he signed was when he was a impact player off the bench.

Kemp is on peanuts after failing at the Warriors and returning with his tail between his legs.

Te'o would be around the 200-250K mark and before this season hadn't showed much.

Believe it or not but Tronc was returning to Australia to play QCup before the Broncos stepped in.

Why talk with sense and make constructive arguments when you can make stupid irrational rantings such as Big Mick's?

jarro

Juniors
Anyone seriously doubting whether we can afford GI or not should just rethink about the reason WHY he's probably coming to us in the first place :roll:

Brutus

Referee
Some of these players just don't want to go near Sydney clubs.

I can fully understand that.

If Inglis goes to Brisbane then so be it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Don't have a problem with Inglis going to the Broncos as long as it isn't subsidised by News Ltd.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Amazing how the Broncos keep signing all these big names up. Let Folau go, bring Inglis in. Life's easy enough for some...