What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inglis scouted by the nfl

Eels Dude

Coach
Forums would be boring if we had no characters like Hayentrain and Broncos2010, etc.

The problem is this forum has gone downhill massively over the past years because the "interesting characters" are pretty much outnumbering the normal posters. These days this forum seems more like a reality tv show for would be comedians.

spartan

Juniors
Ingis is an athlete and a supreme one at that.
Given the right coaching he culd excel at most sports,to suggest otherwise betrays a complete lack of inteligence and understanding.

parano1a

Juniors
No rugby league player would ever make it in the NFL just like no NFL player would ever make it in the NRL,end of story,thanks for coming.

Yet Several AFL players have made it in the NFL.

Darren Bennett
Ben Graham
Sav Rocca
Chris Bryan

Rocca, playing for the Philadelphia Eagles, is one of the league's best punters.

Billythekid

First Grade
The problem is this forum has gone downhill massively over the past years because the "interesting characters" are pretty much outnumbering the normal posters. These days this forum seems more like a reality tv show for would be comedians.

I have posted this same sentiment before. I'm not sure if there are just more and more idiots or if they just make a lot more posts like haynetrain.

There is barely ever any serious discussion because every thread is filled with joke posters trying to one up each other.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Yet Several AFL players have made it in the NFL.

Darren Bennett
Ben Graham
Sav Rocca
Chris Bryan

Rocca, playing for the Philadelphia Eagles, is one of the league's best punters.

What a dumb comparison,NFL punters just kick the ball a few times a game and do nothing else,of course Aussie Rules players could make good NFL punters,they don't have to run or tackle,just kick the damn ball with people standing in front of them blocking.

Comparing Greg Inglis(who would play in a contact position in the NFL) to a Aussies Rules convert(NFL punter) = Oh dear

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I have posted this same sentiment before. I'm not sure if there are just more and more idiots or if they just make a lot more posts like haynetrain.

There is barely ever any serious discussion because every thread is filled with joke posters trying to one up each other.

Just ignore the joke posters then you dope,its so easy to ignore people whom you don't like yet idiots like you would rather engage in conversations with them and complain non stop.

Raider_69

Post Whore
t

No he isnt, take it from an avid Eagles fans, we call him shankasuraus, for ever pearler he kicks, he shanks the next 3 or 4. The eagles fans cant wait till the hack gets cut, hopefully this off season

seanoff

Juniors
NFL is for soulless robots, way to structured. Inglis (in fact most great league players) is a player who likes to pick his moment and react to opportunities he sees. The NFL has very little room for improvisation, everything is planned.

It does pay well though.

your ignorance doesn't stun me, but you couldn't be more wrong.

WR that can make yards after the catch are extremely highly valued and anything after the catch is totally unstructured. Speed, good hands and evasive skills are the three keys for WRs.

Special teams returns are also totally unstructured.

little_aza

Juniors
Wtf?! Get out! Inglis is practically a Rhodes Scholar. Literate, intelligent - and have you seen his interviews?? STFU anyone who thinks he's not smart!!!! :sarcasm:

Billythekid

First Grade
Just ignore the joke posters then you dope,its so easy to ignore people whom you don't like yet idiots like you would rather engage in conversations with them and complain non stop.

When do i engage them? I called you out in the crowd thread but for the most part i try and ignore the idiots like you.

Also it isn't easy to ignore the morons like you. Firstly because you post so much. Most of the threads you sh*t up you end up making half the posts and in many cases you post as often as five times in a row.

That plus the fact that there are so many joke posters. It's hard to have a decent conversation when most of the posters are just jokne posters.

Eels Dude

Coach
your ignorance doesn't stun me, but you couldn't be more wrong.

WR that can make yards after the catch are extremely highly valued and anything after the catch is totally unstructured. Speed, good hands and evasive skills are the three keys for WRs.

Special teams returns are also totally unstructured.

Wonderful... but if you're going to call the bloke ignorant at least explain why. NFL is a structured game whether you like it or not. If you interchange between an attacking side and a defensive side, have a stack out timeouts every game, and a match times hours to complete then yeah it's a structured game.

nqcowboy87

Bench
NFL is for soulless robots, way to structured. Inglis (in fact most great league players) is a player who likes to pick his moment and react to opportunities he sees. The NFL has very little room for improvisation, everything is planned.

It does pay well though.

agreed, alhtough its more like 97%, stuff like the music city miracle and (love him or hate him, i personally dont like him) michael vicks plays where off the top off his head

stormbati

Bench
I've only recently started following the Nfl and Eagles.
Some wide recievers only come on 4 or 5 times a game. There's no reason he couldn't come on if they were to run a running play or some sort of trick play. If he lost some weight he'd go ok IMO

seanoff

Juniors
Wonderful... but if you're going to call the bloke ignorant at least explain why. NFL is a structured game whether you like it or not. If you interchange between an attacking side and a defensive side, have a stack out timeouts every game, and a match times hours to complete then yeah it's a structured game.

yes the plays are planned but Inglis would be going as a tall WR. Where they go and how up until they catch it it structured, after that, it's totally free form and a 360 degree game from there on. Kick and punt returns are totally free form and very much like open field running in league with blocks allowed.

so going Inglis going on what he sees wouldn't change apart from the fact he needs to be aware of all points on the compass not just attacking a line of defence.

like i said WR that can make significant yards after the catch are gold. Inglis being tall is another advantage as are good hands. but the WR on big money are those that make the yards after the catch.

and lets face it, 95% of the NRL consists of making ground with the least possible risk (ie one out) and then kick. the sort of kick differs but that's all.

Shorty

Staff member
He'd be more suited to safety than Linebacker...or he'd lose some weight and be a WR.
And he'd do well at it.

Latest posts