What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to broncos!!!

beads6

First Grade
Inglis will be a Broncos it will just take more time to be sorted out IMO. The Storm are just dicking around because releasing Inglis will cost them money and one of there best players.

joseph1

Juniors
If you hook him.. He will come.. Yea seriously he should, melbourne are just playing games now, "we will release you if they match what were paying you.." what crap. Do they still not understand that this is about them paying people too much money?

johns_reds

First Grade
i want inglis to play at the broncos but not at the cost of 600k, if he is reasonable and if storm are reasonable and he comes for the 400k + 3rd party then great, if not then he can play at storm, lets see them try to keep any decent players if they keep thier big 4

cornerposter

Juniors
I love GI as much as the next mighty Queenslander, but if he doesn't want to play for the Broncs then he needs to stay where he is. Sounds too much like a move of convenience, al-la Folau, rather than a burning desire to be a part of our great club.

screeder

Juniors
I think its almost impossible for a Storm player to WANT to play for the Broncos given the history and rivalry between the 2 clubs. They seem to hate us but i'm not sure if we carry the same hatred for them.

beads6

First Grade
Barring injury, Kemp won't crack the Broncos backline again this season.

Nor should he it is too late in the season for him to get some form and then replace Winterstien who has been pretty solid.

Tha hurts to say though.

Tyler.Durden

Juniors
I say he and his manager comes back for another nibble.

I hope kemp can get back in the side. He will be here next year. Antonio won't.

Broncos93

Juniors
They'll come back I reckon. Perhaps the withdrawal is just to get the media out of the picture and get the deal done free of any unneeded attention.

AuDragon

Juniors
They'll come back I reckon. Perhaps the withdrawal is just to get the media out of the picture and get the deal done free of any unneeded attention.
That's wishful thinking mate...
The press will be relentless on this matter (Storm affair) and milk it to the very last drop. No chance of flying under the radar on this one IMO...

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I will be seriously surprised if Greg Inglis is not playing for the Brisbane Broncos in 2011. Watch this space..............

Broncos93

Juniors
That's wishful thinking mate...
The press will be relentless on this matter (Storm affair) and milk it to the very last drop. No chance of flying under the radar on this one IMO...

Very true, but I just don't think that the Storm can possibly afford to keep their big 4 next year. It appears as though Greg is the one to go, and he doesn't want to play for anyone else but for the Storm or Broncos.

Another thing is, despite what the media has said about the deal, it doesn't answer how Greg is going to be living with his fiance since she is moving to Brisbane. That's enough motivation right there for Inglis to sign with us, but again, this could just be wishful thinking.

screeder

Juniors
It was reported in the CM today that they will attempt have the big 4 plus White:crazy: under the cap for 2.2 mil, leaving 21 players to fight over 2.1 mil.

They are off their heads. Somethings gotta give and hopefully its Inglis to us.

renouf

Juniors
I can't see how Inglis could stay in Melbourne long term with his missus living up in Brissy.. they are engaged, so hows that going to work out.. surely if he is going to come it will be at the end of this season.

Big Pete

Referee
screeder, so they've got to sign 21 players on about $100K each (on average)? It could be done, but boy their roster would be light and depth would be a huge problem.

They're just being stubborn, if they were smart, they'd release Slater promote Widdop and the problem would be solved. It wouldn't bode well for us though.

screeder

Juniors
I agree they could get a team together in this fashion but what happens when some of these young guns need upgrading? Dramas.

'Wait a minute, lets just sneak some to them under the table.' :lol: