What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to fork out $113 000 to be released

BunniesMan

Immortal
They're not paying cos they think he's hard done by their paying because they are buying a premiership. Still on struggle street? Still going to cry foul because other clubs steal your players?
If Inglis sells his ill gotten speed boat the bill is paid.

When we voted to bring in Crowe, it was a vote for long term winning, it was a vote to end decade after decade of mediocrity. And as a Souths fan I'm very happy with how Crowe has backed up his talk since he's been owner.

I think he's a greedy, lazy, lying merkin who cannot comprehend the idea of personal responibility. He belted his girlfriend then expects his club to foot the bill when he should now that it has to be included in Melbournes salary cap. Why can't he pay for it and stop using it as an excuse for not signing with clubs. Still what else would you expect from a Queenslander.
If your opinion mattered enough, you could get sued for saying he hit her. He did no such thing, he saved a mentally unstable girl from hurting herself. That's what she's said herself. And he expects his club to foot the bill because they promised to foot the bill.

New South Welshmen are dog fkers so your point is moot
Excuse me. Monaghan is a Canberrian, we are in no way associated with that god forsaken territory known as the ACT, they are uncivilised merkins who allow animal sex.

Way to take into consideration 4% of the facts detective mackey.

Melbourne hired his lawyer for him with their own interests put at the top of the priority list.
This. Finally someone talking sense.

You are talking sh*t mate, it is he who has to pay the money which is only 30k left to pay out of 113k, he f**ked up he pays, what with clubs having to pay, I say let him piss off to souths, he will only go over for a trillion because Crowe is so desperate it wont be for the love of the club, and before anyone says anything there are still loyal clubman out there Inglis is not one of them.
He's offered to pay 60k, but the storm are insisting he pay all of it because they can't afford to under the cap.

You say let him piss off to souths? Well I agree with you wholeheartedly. He will be what puts us over the top. And there is something very satisfying about the club that was bent over and f'd in the a by news ltd stealing an origin and international rep from 2 news ltd clubs.

The 18th Man

Juniors
How many clubs will Greg Inglis sign with before the year is out?

Edit: My bad, memory serves to remind me that Inglis HASN'T signed with Brisbane as he is yet to be released from Melbourne which is the crux of the argument.

Last edited:

14jonesk

Juniors
Originally Posted by 14jonesk
a'ight bunnies man, why would inglis go throught all that crap with the broncos to see his girl. Then change to rabbitohs, i guess it's a deciion between love and money(yall alll known what i mean right)
so if u were in gregs seat. wat would you guys Choose, Money or Love

BunniesMan

Immortal
Originally Posted by 14jonesk
a'ight bunnies man, why would inglis go throught all that crap with the broncos to see his girl. Then change to rabbitohs, i guess it's a deciion between love and money(yall alll known what i mean right)

Apparently, I'm in the minority that understands why he doesn't want to pay (and I thought this way even before Souths came up as a possibility). He was told he wouldn't have to pay, now when the salary cap bs blew up in the storms face now they can't just hide 113k without accounting for it. Now they go back on their word and insist GI pays for it.

As for choosing between money and love, i think his girl should be understanding about this. The only reason he has a legal bill is because he thought she was about to kill herself. So her own mental issues caused all this. And besides, this is over a 113k bill, that's probably more than she makes in a year at her brisbane job. She could move to Sydney, it's not exactly an out of the way place, if she could find a job in Brisbane she can find a job in Sydney.

Slammin

Juniors
Excuse me. Monaghan is a Canberrian, we are in no way associated with that god forsaken territory known as the ACT, they are uncivilised merkins who allow animal sex.

He is a NSW state representative and all new south welshmen are dog fkers. Don't try and disown him now.

Much like Inglis, every welshmen claimed him as their own until he belted his missus then suddenly he was a QLDer. That's okay, we'll have him dog fkers.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If Mundine and Nasser are involved with him, send him packing, league doesn't need him. He can go and play on his boat in France

BunniesMan

Immortal
He is a NSW state representative and all new south welshmen are dog fkers. Don't try and disown him now.

Much like Inglis, every welshmen claimed him as their own until he belted his missus then suddenly he was a QLDer. That's okay, we'll have him dog fkers.

Monaghan - Canberra boy. He was fine while he was in NSW, going down there warped his brain. We have well and truly disowned him.

As for Inglis, we only disowned him for a brief period of time while we thought he was a woman basher, but now it's all good. A born and bred nsw man.

Slammin

Juniors

That really isn't the option, if he looks at it that way then he is a moron. The stupid option would be the rabbitohs definitely.

With Brisbane he has much more opportunities, a definite chance of winning 2011 premiership (rabbitohs won't make the 8 with or without GI) and can continue to be a part of a 1 team town except this time it isn't ridden with afl supporters.

This isn't just love or money. Money in the short term with the rabbitohs but money and with that success in the long term with the broncos.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If Mundine and Nasser are involved with him, send him packing, league doesn't need him. He can go and play on his boat in France

Mate, Mundine could be the only reason he is playing in this country in 2011. Apparently Mundine is mates with Crowe. Can't say I was his fan before, but if he's involved in keeping a superstar here (with any club, not just mine) I'm very thankful.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That really isn't the option, if he looks at it that way then he is a moron. The stupid option would be the rabbitohs definitely.

With Brisbane he has much more opportunities, a definite chance of winning 2011 premiership (rabbitohs won't make the 8 with or without GI) and can continue to be a part of a 1 team town except this time it isn't ridden with afl supporters.

This isn't just love or money. Money in the short term with the rabbitohs but money and with that success in the long term with the broncos.

You seriously think we wouldn't make the 8 with GI? That's a bit of a case of rose coloured glasses. Most bookies had us as one of the top 4 or 5 favourites before the GI news came up. With him we're top 4 certainties, I reckon right up there with the Dragons as equal favourites.

14jonesk

Juniors

Well said

14jonesk

Juniors
bunnies man, the rabbitohs backline isnt exzactly first classe
there forward pack is descent (i guess only time can tell)

Big Sam

First Grade
bunnies man, the rabbitohs backline isnt exzactly first classe
there forward pack is descent (i guess only time can tell)

We did finish above you last season. And inglis is pretty much a direct swap for folau, so what makes you guys think you'll do better than 10th in 2011?

Slammin

Juniors
You seriously think we wouldn't make the 8 with GI? That's a bit of a case of rose coloured glasses. Most bookies had us as one of the top 4 or 5 favourites before the GI news came up. With him we're top 4 certainties, I reckon right up there with the Dragons as equal favourites.

Most bookies had Paramatta as premiership favourites at the start of the year and how did that one turn out???

With Burgess and Taylor you were apparently top 4 certainties and look where you ended up.

Broncos93

Juniors

Like you said, you haven't signed any big names in the last 12 months.

So what's changed between last season and this season? You clowns were talking up your 2010 chances, running around giving yourselves the self-proclaimed greatest forward pack tag until you realised your mob still suck.

Oh and by the way, in your previous post about his missus just taking one for the team and moving herself and getting a new job in Sydney... Shut the f**k up. You don't know anything about their personal circumstances, and you're talking from an enthusiastic Souths fans point of view. Your talking about her like she doesn't have a life of her own, and she follows Greg around where ever he goes, and try to justify that by claiming "she caused it all".

Stop trying to be a know-it-all, and stop pretending you know the situation personally.

_Johnsy

Referee
Did he raise the issue of being able to chose his legal representaion before or during the hearing?

I have no idea.

He appears to now have an issue because he has been asked to pay some of the legal costs.

Badav

Do you have proof that he had no say in who was appointed to represent him ?

Bunnies man

If the circumstances arose & my employer chose a legal representative on my behalf, I'd certainly trust their judgement. Afterall that's why I pay my union fees. GI only seems to take issue with having to pay some of the $$$ owed. If there was an agreement drawn up between melbourne and GI stating who would cover costs, then fine. obviously there isn't one so he has an moral obligation to pay some of the costs. It's a two way street, he needed legal representation and if he did not like the person/company representing him, speak up FFS. He appeared all smiles when the matter was finalised in his favour, he's an adult not a f**king child.

Afterall he could just sell his speedboat.

Latest posts