What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to fork out $113 000 to be released

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Did he raise the issue of being able to chose his legal representaion before or during the hearing?

I have no idea.

He appears to now have an issue because he has been asked to pay some of the legal costs.

Badav

Do you have proof that he had no say in who was appointed to represent him ?

Bunnies man

If the circumstances arose & my employer chose a legal representative on my behalf, I'd certainly trust their judgement. Afterall that's why I pay my union fees. GI only seems to take issue with having to pay some of the $$$ owed. If there was an agreement drawn up between melbourne and GI stating who would cover costs, then fine. obviously there isn't one so he has an moral obligation to pay some of the costs. It's a two way street, he needed legal representation and if he did not like the person/company representing him, speak up FFS. He appeared all smiles when the matter was finalised in his favour, he's an adult not a f**king child.

Afterall he could just sell his speedboat.
Stop making sense, you'll hurt some posters' brains.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Way to take into consideration 4% of the facts detective mackey.

Melbourne hired his lawyer for him with their own interests put at the top of the priority list.

Really??

What interests were those? Getting him off.

Gee they really didn't take gregs interests into account did they!!! f**king genius.

jaynie

Juniors
If Inglis decides he doesn't want out of his Melbourne contract can he force them to honour it? Would the legal bill still have to be included in the cap?
Let's face it, if the point in leaving the Storm was to be with his partner in Brisbane yet financial issues are preventing this, what is the difference in living in Melbourne or Sydney?

Big Pete

Referee
Mixed reports so far on what Bruno is about to announce.

One good source is saying he's about to walk away, another who's known about the Inglis to Brisbane move months before it was announced is saying he's about to stay.

Rabbits and Broncos fans hold onto your hats. This next 20 minutes could very well decide what kind of season 2011 maybe.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If Inglis decides he doesn't want out of his Melbourne contract can he force them to honour it? Would the legal bill still have to be included in the cap?
Let's face it, if the point in leaving the Storm was to be with his partner in Brisbane yet financial issues are preventing this, what is the difference in living in Melbourne or Sydney?

If he insisted on staying on Melbourne, even if possible, why would he want another season with no competition points.

Failure or abject failure.

Minor premiers or just top 4.

Broncos93

Juniors
If he insisted on staying on Melbourne, even if possible, why would he want another season with no competition points.

Minor premiers or just top 4.

I'll ask again since you didn't answer last time. What has changed in your team since last season? Last season you were talking up a top 4 finish and didn't make the 8. You've even said you've had no big signing this year, so your squad is relatively the same. Why would your squad miss the 8 one year, and make top 4 next year with no change and one more team in the comp playing for points?

Of course. Any payment by a club of a player's personal expenses is essentially the same as paying them more salary.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'll ask again since you didn't answer last time. What has changed in your team since last season? Last season you were talking up a top 4 finish and didn't make the 8. You've even said you've had no big signing this year, so your squad is relatively the same. Why would your squad miss the 8 one year, and make top 4 next year with no change and one more team in the comp playing for points?

We lost a lot of key players to injury for extended periods. That's unlikely to happen again. Our best players, Luke and Burgess and Taylor are all young and improving with each year. A junior kangaroo and the best player of this years toyota cup minor premiers should fill our two biggest holes at fullback and 5/8 (Mansour and Mundine) by the end of the year. And we might be acquiring one of the best players in the country.

I think all those factors point to a much better 2011 than 2010.

Big Mick

Referee
How gutted would you be if you were that kid who emerged late in the year and now is back in NSW Cup or Under 20's again. Shame really.

But then again, he can learn off Inglis.

Great signing by the Bunnies.

jaynie

Juniors
Of course. Any payment by a club of a player's personal expenses is essentially the same as paying them more salary.

Then why wasn't it counted in this years salary cap (when the expense occured) and thus part of the amount the Storm were over the cap? I don't understand the NRL's allocation of payments sometimes :-k