What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to fork out $113 000 to be released

Loudstrat

Coach
Simo - I just hope this is more ridiculous media crap. Sadly, (and quite possibly) this amounts to News/Fox taking pot shots at the Storm management because they got stung when they inadvertently funded the rort. In that way, the 2010-11 version of hat Gus Gould was in 1995-99.

What is alledged is serious - to the point of causing the end of the salary cap, your club, or both. The allegations mean - if true - :
There is a further salary cap rort.
One of the games biggest names may not be with the club he wants to be (where his fiance is), and his future with the code may be in jeopardy
The NRL has lost control of a rogue club in frighteningly similar circumstances to the way the ARL did in 1992-4.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Simo - I just hope this is more ridiculous media crap. Sadly, (and quite possibly) this amounts to News/Fox taking pot shots at the Storm management because they got stung when they inadvertently funded the rort. In that way, the 2010-11 version of hat Gus Gould was in 1995-99.

What is alledged is serious - to the point of causing the end of the salary cap, your club, or both. The allegations mean - if true - :
There is a further salary cap rort.
One of the games biggest names may not be with the club he wants to be (where his fiance is), and his future with the code may be in jeopardy
The NRL has lost control of a rogue club in frighteningly similar circumstances to the way the ARL did in 1992-4.

Good post mate, especially in closing. The bigger picture is the issue here.

user_nat

Coach
Sounds like a good thing. Inglis liking Melbourne less is probably beneficial for Brisbane.

Although not getting him is not going to help us.

DeBroncos

Juniors
He will end Up at the Broncos and all this is doing is prob getting GI pissed at the ppl running the Storm so less chance he will go back after the 2 years are up.

Even so, if he owes them the money, let the courts sort it out. Why are they suddenly refusing to release him and using the 13K as leverage?

Because they have more leverage to get the money out of him if they refuse to release him. Once released that leverage goes away. Perfectly reasonable thing for the club to do.

bfoord

Juniors
Because they have more leverage to get the money out of him if they refuse to release him. Once released that leverage goes away. Perfectly reasonable thing for the club to do.

The Storm may not actually have any leverage... if GI or his manager know that by the Storm keeping GI it would put them over the cap in 2011, then all they would have to do is wait because the Storm would need to release him to be cap compliant for the coming season, that is unless the Storm liked playing for no points on their way to the spoon this year.

cleary89

Coach
I would love for this to happen -

Inglis calls Melbournes bluff, and says fine I'll stay knowing they will be over the cap.
Melbourne offloads Smith or some other merkin to get under
Inglis says f**k you all, and sits out the season ala tallis style.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I would love for this to happen -

Inglis calls Melbournes bluff, and says fine I'll stay knowing they will be over the cap.
Melbourne offloads Smith or some other merkin to get under
Inglis says f**k you all, and sits out the season ala tallis style.

Cronk :cool:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I thought Sandow was the new Alfie Langer?

If Inglis sits out a season then he can give up rugby league and give sumo a go.

I strongly believe Sandow can and will be a star, but if we had a shot at a ready made star halfback, of course we'd take it.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I strongly believe Sandow can and will be a star, but if we had a shot at a ready made star halfback, of course we'd take it.
The burgess brothers and cronk - ever heard of a salary cap? Its a moot point anyway, Inglis will go the broncs and cronk will stay in purple.

Danish

Referee
How is Inglis arguably the games best player??

Not even in the top 20 on 2010 form.

Looks like Inglis is going to end up paying for these fees one way or another. Can't see the storm agreeing to wear it and ruin 2011 for them even more, and the Broncos couldn't possibly have cap space left to fit it in.

Ulysseus

Bench
Maybe they should split it 50/50.
Then again maybe he should pay it out of his own f**king pocket which was heavily lined with the proceeds of crime............

meltiger

First Grade
How is Inglis arguably the games best player??

Let's see what he looks like after a pre-season in a Brisbane summer.

Bet my life on him not running out fat in R1 next season.

Greg has the potential to be best player in the comp, it's his weight that has held him back.

2011 will be a different story imo

Latest posts