What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to fork out $113 000 to be released

Parra Guru

Coach
On another note, didn't inglis only sign a 1 year deal with broncos? there were lots of talk of him going back to melbourne in 2012 after the new tv negotiations had been done and the expected salary cap had been increased, surely after the rubbish melbourne are pulling now he wouldn't go back to them??

tbh People are wrong to assume that Inglis actually has a brain.

meltiger

First Grade
So are you saying the reason Inglis has come back fat the last few pre-seasons was because of the climate? Makes you wonder why it didn't/hasn't affected any of the other players weights then. Or any of the Melbourne AFL club players for that matter. If that's what you're implying of course.........

People are individuals, with their own unique set of problems. I'm not suggesting the Melbourne climate has had any factor in him gaining the weight, like with most fat merkins, he either eats/drinks to much or is lazy.

I'm simply suggesting the Brisbane climate will make it easier to strip it off.

Yes, Greg has had an issue with his weight, forced to slug through the heat and disgusting humidity of a Brisbane summer will help him lose the weight he usually gains. Weather conditions we simply never see the likes of down here.

wish this was the case, i still see a lot of fat chicks walking around brisbane

ha! the one positive I always find about travelling to Brissie for business is the girls! lol

I'd suggest most fat merkins in Brisbane don't participate in the Broncos pre-season program ;-)

meltiger

First Grade
I bet Webb plays at the weight he wants to too...

*sigh*

Why do you think they make the comments after guys play a game in 40 degree heat, player Y lost X kilos during the game? Just for something to say? lol

You lot can pot me all you like, Greg will come back fitter than he has been in years at R1...

Brutus

Referee
I can see Inglis having a big year in 2011.

In French rugby union.

The NRL should be doing everything in its powers to engure Inglis stays in rugby league.

If he leaves to another code over this contract wrangle then we all might as well pack up and go home.

stormbati

Bench
Here we go again, more French rumors. If he goes to France, we can just about guarentee Inglis in a wallaby jersey at their world cup in September.

Danish

Referee
Here we go again, more French rumors. If he goes to France, we can just about guarentee Inglis in a wallaby jersey at their world cup in September.

Who cares??

He has proven to be a whinging unreliable and irresponsible turd in his time in League. We don't need him.

He's been dining out (quite often it seems) on past form for the last 2 seasons. Good luck any club getting him to put in

Frailty

First Grade
Melbourne made the right decision by letting him go rather than Cronk, Smith and Slater.

He contributes the least to the actual gameplay... He is a good runner and that's about it.

He is definitely no great centre like Mal Meninga, Ettingshausen, Renouf, etc.

Big Pete

Referee
Who cares??

Obviously Broncos fans.
He's been dining out (quite often it seems) on past form for the last 2 seasons. Good luck any club getting him to put in

Was the best player in the world last season but hey we'll just take your word for it. :lol:

johns_reds

First Grade
Who cares??

He has proven to be a whinging unreliable and irresponsible turd in his time in League. We don't need him.

Yeah but we still have Carney in league, the biggest whinger of all, didn't want to sign a contract that had a no drinking clause in it after numerous drinking offences. Players can change, Carney has, i think if Inglis gets up to the Broncos you'll see a different player due to the change in playing environment.

Danish

Referee
Yeah but we still have Carney in league, the biggest whinger of all, didn't want to sign a contract that had a no drinking clause in it after numerous drinking offences. Players can change, Carney has, i think if Inglis gets up to the Broncos you'll see a different player due to the change in playing environment.

Melbourne has been the most professional, regimented club in the league for the past 5 years. The sheer amount of talent they have brought on in that time is unmatched anywhere else in the league.

Its not like they are some shambles of an operation who've lead Inglis down a bad path.

Behavioural problems off the field can be easily changed. Terrible attitude towards training and playing is a much harder nut to crack.

In French rugby union.

The NRL should be doing everything in its powers to engure Inglis stays in rugby league.

If he leaves to another code over this contract wrangle then we all might as well pack up and go home.

So he's having a cry over having to pay his own bills, that he got because of what he did, and the NRL and the clubs should fold and give into his tantrum. If they do, its a perfect example of why lots of players carry on like spoilt children. (like waaah, the coach said something mean, I want out.)

Dingus

Juniors
If he leaves league, he is still going to have to pay the bills. Melbourne won't care.

Didn't he leave to be with his girlfriend in the first place. France is the obvious solution, and a completely valid threat.

Latest posts