What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to fork out $113 000 to be released

BunniesMan

Immortal
So he's having a cry over having to pay his own bills, that he got because of what he did, and the NRL and the clubs should fold and give into his tantrum. If they do, its a perfect example of why lots of players carry on like spoilt children. (like waaah, the coach said something mean, I want out.)

Let's ignore the all the facts then. Apparently Inglis wasn't even allowed to choose his lawyers, they had an agreement. Now the Storm have backed out, I don't see how anyone can consider Inglis the bad guy in this situation.

dontbro

Juniors
Jesus Christ, 113 grand to defend a domestic assault charge.

Any result other than complete and unequivocal acquittal would be disappointing.

Evenflow

Bench
Let's ignore the all the facts then. Apparently Inglis wasn't even allowed to choose his lawyers, they had an agreement. Now the Storm have backed out, I don't see how anyone can consider Inglis the bad guy in this situation.

Geez is that you Tim? Where are you getting your "facts" from? The Daily Telegraph? Regardless of that Greg Inglis could have at ANY time chose who he wanted to defend him and if he chose that wasn't the club's lawyers then he should've said that and hired his own. That's a fact because nobody can force you to choose your legal representation and that includes your employer.

You said you can't see how anyone can consider Inglis the bad guy in this situation, i can't see any way the Storm are. Do you honestly think out of the goodness of their heart they should pay for something that will come off their cap and for a player who chose to not want to play for them any more? A player who they're already spending money from their cap for by subsidising some of his pay for the next 2 seasons he was contracted to play for the Storm for?

If he had've stayed at the club then maybe they might have taken care of the bills and worn it from their cap money given he'd still have been a Storm player but why the f**k should they now when he walked out on them? You reap what you sow Greggy boy so either pay up otherwise au revoir to you and enjoy France.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Geez is that you Tim? Where are you getting your "facts" from? The Daily Telegraph? Regardless of that Greg Inglis could have at ANY time chose who he wanted to defend him and if he chose that wasn't the club's lawyers then he should've said that and hired his own. That's a fact because nobody can force you to choose your legal representation and that includes your employer.

You said you can't see how anyone can consider Inglis the bad guy in this situation, i can't see any way the Storm are. Do you honestly think out of the goodness of their heart they should pay for something that will come off their cap and for a player who chose to not want to play for them any more? A player who they're already spending money from their cap for by subsidising some of his pay for the next 2 seasons he was contracted to play for the Storm for?

If he had've stayed at the club then maybe they might have taken care of the bills and worn it from their cap money given he'd still have been a Storm player but why the f**k should they now when he walked out on them? You reap what you sow Greggy boy so either pay up otherwise au revoir to you and enjoy France.

They shouldn't pay out of the goodness of their heart, they should pay because they agreed to it. They agreed to pay it because it was in their own best interest that he get off instead of being a convicted criminal. What's happened since and him going to another club has nothing to do with anything.

And why do you keep mentioning "if he stayed". That's meaningless. If he stayed they'd be over the cap and would earn no competition points in 2011 as well. He didn't leave because he wanted to, he left because the Storm cheated the cap. I love how people keep ignoring this reality, but the Storm couldn't just click their fingers and fit 5 million into 4 million.

Big Pete

Referee
How do you figure that? Winning the golden boot??

Andy Farrell won that thing FFS

Golden Boot, Origin Man of the Series and played a big part in the season (but I guess that last point is irrelevant) and also my opinion.

Why who do you think was better?

Danish

Referee
Golden Boot, Origin Man of the Series and played a big part in the season (but I guess that last point is irrelevant) and also my opinion.

Why who do you think was better?

Well from his own team Slater and Smith played bigger parts in both the melbourne storm and origin arena.

From other sides? Hayne was absolutely unstoppable last year. Jennings was also on fire, similarly the morris boys (especially Josh).

Evenflow

Bench
They agreed to pay it because it was in their own best interest that he get off instead of being a convicted criminal.

How would you know what they agreed to? Were you privy to the negotiations and agreements that were made? If so could you please prove it? I'll be more than happy to admit i'm wrong if you can but if you can't you're simply guessing and pulling scenario's that you want to be true out of your arse. The facts are that the only ones who have this information about what actually happened was the 2 parties involved, not you and not me but i'm not the one speculating what was agreed to. All i'm saying is that the Storm will have to use take any payments made on his behalf off their salary cap and i don't blame them for one second for not paying it.

And why do you keep mentioning "if he stayed". That's meaningless. If he stayed they'd be over the cap and would earn no competition points in 2011 as well. He didn't leave because he wanted to, he left because the Storm cheated the cap. I love how people keep ignoring this reality, but the Storm couldn't just click their fingers and fit 5 million into 4 million.

If he stayed they wouldn't necessarily have been over the cap, they just would've had to shed a few more of the higher paid players to fit him in and had more players on smaller salaries. As long as they're under the cap they can have any players they want to just like any club can.

For example they could've released Manu, Blair and Quinn and replaced them with Tom Dick and Harry from the 20's on minimum contract and there's your money to keep Inglis. It wouldn't have made their squad stronger and more than likely would've hurt them in the long term but it was more than doable as the club quoted many many times. It's not rocket science, don't make out it's much harder than it actually is.

Big Pete

Referee
Well from his own team Slater and Smith played bigger parts in both the melbourne storm and origin arena.

No they didn't, Inglis was by far Queensland's best. At club it's arguable really but almost irrelevant given what we know now.

Hayne was absolutely unstoppable last year.

Except in the test arena. Was also found out in the prelim and grand final.
Jennings was also on fire, similarly the morris boys (especially Josh).

:lol: Please they were no where near Inglis' league.

I know you have it in for Inglis but to discredit his 2009 just shows how ignorant you truly are of his ability.

boxhead

First Grade
Hayne definitely deserved the Golden Boot over Inglis in 2009. He won the Dally M medal and the International Player of the Year award (was that what it was?), but at the same time, Inglis was definitely great in 2009 too; if it didn't go to Hayne I can agree with it going to Inglis.

I remember every outlet of the Australian media calling for the Golden Boot organisers' heads because everyone knew Hayne should have been the clear winner.

On this stuff....I'm not sure what to say or think. In many ways both parties are at fault.

Big Pete

Referee
I remember every outlet of the Australian media calling for the Golden Boot organisers' heads because everyone knew Hayne should have been the clear winner.

I don't.

I remember Inglis basically destroying every team he came up against in the Four Nations while Hayne remained idle.

boxhead

First Grade
I don't.

I remember Inglis basically destroying every team he came up against in the Four Nations while Hayne remained idle.

I think Hayne's Four Nations final was the only great game he played, I agree, but I do specifically remember several articles in the paper basically saying it was a disgrace Hayne didn't win, and also a Foxsports News story talking about the "controversial selection of Greg Inglis as the Golden Boot winner", and also how Hayne wasn't even in the running for the award (which was ridiculous).

Big Pete

Referee
Hayne's Four Nations final was the only great game he played
great is being generous, he was good but apart from running into a hole Thurston set up he was okay.

Don't really know why it was really controversial either. Hayne had a great end to the season and was great against the Dragons in week 1 but sort of took a backseat following that game.

Inglis stood up in all the big games, including all the finals, origins and international.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

The magistrate did.

BunniesMan

Immortal
All a non issue. Crowe is offering to pay all of his legal bills if he comes to Souths. All GI has to do is agree and then the Storm will release him because they'll have the bill paid. They're happy, GI is happy, we're very happy.