What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you want to play at fullback in 2025?

Who should be our fullback in 2025?

• CNK

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • RTS

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Tuaupiki

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I’d be guessing Manu will still be available, or does his rugby stint start ASAP ?

They had Kini is the squad last year so he was highly regarded by the previous regime

Not sure if he is Kiwis level just yet, but Tommy Talau has really surprised me this season with what he has produced both on the wing and at centre

I'm assuming Manu will be gone and Timoko is one centre.

Talau has played for Samoa, I did think of him but figured he'd stick with them. I assume he would qualify for NZ via his Dad playing for NZ? Otherwise I'm not sure he would qualify because he's born in Aus and Willie was born in Samoa (maybe through his Mum?)

Matua

Bench
I'm assuming Manu will be gone and Timoko is one centre.

Talau has played for Samoa, I did think of him but figured he'd stick with them. I assume he would qualify for NZ via his Dad playing for NZ? Otherwise I'm not sure he would qualify because he's born in Aus and Willie was born in Samoa (maybe through his Mum?)
Would be a weird anomaly to the eligibility if a kid can't play for his Dad's international team. Will happen more in the future I guess.

I hope we don't need one of the Warriors centres for the Kiwis.

@Beavers Headgear I think Manu is going straight to Japan so won't be available. Which sucks balls.

I think this argument is overrated. As if RTS to FB is the magic bullet...
He may not be the sole solution to our problems but giving him the space we know he thrives in would be the smart thing to do for the team. Webster acts as if RTS can’t link with players, but the reality is that the players just need to support him, and he will create opportunities.

If people are satisfied with CNK’s two hit-ups per set and his high metres to set up our attacking shape, that’s fair. I just don’t trust the halves to consistently execute the final play. RTS at fullback would give us a potent attacking option to score without relying on the halves being involved.

Latest posts