What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

The Teach

Juniors
I actually spoke to Geoff on Monday in Penrith and he seemed hopeful of being cleared to play this week, so he may very well be a last minute inclusion if they give him a fitness test on Friday morning. My fingers are crossed at least.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I actually spoke to Geoff on Monday in Penrith and he seemed hopeful of being cleared to play this week, so he may very well be a last minute inclusion if they give him a fitness test on Friday morning. My fingers are crossed at least.

we can only hope

murraymob

Coach
lucky we have the bye next week.We picked up a few injuries out of the game
elford ...back
aiton....shoulder
sammut..still having leg problems
pritchard....leg problem carried it into game

mxlegend99

Referee
From what i can gather, this is our updated injury list:

Gone for the season:
Lachlan Coote
Masada Iosefa

A few weeks atleast:
Luke Lewis (estimated 4 to 8 weeks originally. Should be between R17 & R21)
Michael Gordon - Round 21

Unsure:
Michael Jennings
Geoff Daniela
Shane Elford
Frank Pritchard
Paul Aiton
Jarrod Sammut

Is there anyone else with injury concerns, or any information on when we can expect Jennings, Daniela etc. back?

murraymob

Coach
From what i can gather, this is our updated injury list:

Gone for the season:
Lachlan Coote
Masada Iosefa

A few weeks atleast:
Luke Lewis (estimated 4 to 8 weeks originally. Should be between R17 & R21)
Michael Gordon - Round 21

Unsure:
Michael Jennings
Geoff Daniela
Shane Elford
Frank Pritchard
Paul Aiton
Jarrod Sammut

Is there anyone else with injury concerns, or any information on when we can expect Jennings, Daniela etc. back?
as best i can find out all of the unsure should be right to play with the weeks rest

abpanther

Staff member
I chatted to Wade tonight, he's shoulder is bothering him plenty, he reckons he will keep playing with injections, otherwise he will need some weeks off.

maple_69

Bench
Just announced on PI, our beloved Blair has suffered a career ending injury. From what I can gather it's obesity. Terrible news for Bobby, Meninga, the Blues and Parramatta.

mxlegend99

Referee
You had me going till the obesity part. I read that as season ending injury and with our luck this year, i thought it was about time we had something go our way. :lol:

So Wade Graham is also injured? :x Having seen some of the hits he has been trying to put on lately, it's no surprise his shoulder is sore. Good on him for playing through while he's capable of doing so though. He's definitely looking like our next Craig Gower.

Atleast when he's cracking on to young Mitchell Pearces sister, he's more age appropriate. :D

murraymob

Coach
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=injury-update

Injury Update

Monday, June 22, 2009
Shane Elford - ruptured planta fascia
Masad Iosefa - ruptured bicep
Luke Lewis - surgery on toe (possible return in Rd 20)
Michael Jennings - calf - return Rd17
Geoff Daniela - knee - return Rd17
Michael Gordon - ankle - return Rd 21

Wade Graham - ongoing A/C shoulder problem but is being managed by physio
Lachlan Coote - season (shoulder)

m

pixel.gif
njs.aspx

Kilkenny

Coach
I fear our mounting injury woes are going to derail our chances of finishing in the top eight.

The reality is simple, we do not have the depth to cover injuries to our key stars, particularly Jennings and Lewis.

The message is simple our management need to act now. It is too late for 2009 and we will have to rely on those fit players we have to see us thru this season. We need to bring in at least four quality players for 2010 at the same time as offloading some of our underachieving deadwood and most of us know who they are.

choc_soldier

Coach
It could have been worse tonight - I'm sure we all saw Petero walk up the tunnel in the first half... I thought "OH, COME ON!"

Relieved to see him come back out in the second half, but. Well, not really... carved it up as per usual for them.

maple_69

Bench
I believe thats The Pet letting the little fella of the chain (relieving himself) after his first stint.
He had a massive game. 120 metres and 30 something tackles second only to Smith and maybe another.
On the plus side since the third game is a dead rubber, we'll have Civ and Jenko on board for the Round ...18 or is it 19 game.

I read the old ruptured planta fascia generally takes between 2 weeks and a couple months for recovery so I can't see Elford getting on the field against Eels. We really gotta rush through this Blair/Inu swap or..no lets not talk about it..

murraymob

Coach
It could have been worse tonight - I'm sure we all saw Petero walk up the tunnel in the first half... I thought "OH, COME ON!"

Relieved to see him come back out in the second half, but. Well, not really... carved it up as per usual for them.

choc my thoughts where the same.When i seen him going up the tunnell.First reaction was .it was a injury luckly it was not

pantherz9103

First Grade

I'm pretty sure its been made clear that when Civ goes up the tunnel, its part of his routine with all that strapping he has. He's been quoted as saying that in Big League. He told supporters not to worry when they see him going up the tunnel. I wasn't worried in the slightest.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Apparently lewis could be out for a little longer than orginally expected. Was out shopping somewhere last weekend and ended up flat on his back after slipping on a wet floor in the shopping centre and did some more damage to his toe.

That's according to Rugby League week. He is considering legal action against the shopping centre as a result.

Latest posts