What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

murraymob

Coach
By the match report in the sunday telegrapth Elliott says both pritchard and lewis might be back next week ast updated: July 26, 2009
Search for:
Penrith v North Queensland

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...win-over-cowboys/story-e6frexni-1225754747625

774120-michael-jennings.jpg

Triple treat ... Michael Jennings was a standout for the Penrith Panthers in their win over the North Queensland Cowboys. Photograph: Gregg Porteous Source: The Sunday Telegraph

• PENRITH PANTHERS 28 NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS 20

HAT-TRICK hero Michael Jennings has propelled Penrith to a stirring come-from-behind victory that places North Queensland's finals hopes in jeopardy.

Inspired by Jennings, Luke Walsh and livewire fullback Jarrod Sammut, the Panthers secured a vital away triumph to move to sixth spot, leapfrogging the Cowboys.
The hosts looked in control when Carl Webb crossed in the 57th minute for a 16-10 lead. But the Panthers scored three tries in the final 14 minutes - two to Jennings.
"I'm immensely proud of the character they showed, I'm just not quite sure how we won that game, I was hoping you guys could tell me,'' Penrith coach Matt Elliott said. "Actually I do know. It was just the fact that we have a group of people, even when they get things wrong, who just keep showing up.
"It gives you an opportunity to win and tonight will be an example of what I use for the guys moving forward. Jarrod (Sammut's) performance was fantastic. He wasn't alone in making errors. We made some quite bizarre errors and not too much of what we did with the ball tonight looked familiar to me.
, considering we were both on the same points it was a massive win for us. With Frank Pritchard and Luke Lewis possibly available for us next week, things start to look a little rosier. You don't want me to share with you what I was thinking at 10-0 (down). I've got daughters.''
The Cowboys peppered Penrith's line early and they converted pressure into points when Johnathan Thurston and Willie Tonga both scored.
But the Panthers are a squad with great resolve and they rocked the Cowboys with two tries in six minutes late in the first half. It was a portent of things to come after the break for a team that wouldn't die.
However, North Queensland coach Neil Henry launched a blistering attack on NRL officialdom, demanding video referee Sean Hampstead be axed.
Henry called for referees boss Robert Finch to remove Hampstead and "get someone else in'' and said the quality of refereeing was beneath the standards required in the NRL.
"I'm going to ask serious questions of why we have Sean Hampstead in that position if he can't get that right,'' Henry fired.
Henry was peeved about Carl Webb being denied a 19th-minute try, Penrith winger Michael Gordon being awarded the benefit of the doubt seconds before halftime despite appearing to bat the ball over rival winger Michael Bani, and Jennings being awarded a crucial 66th minute try despite a Gavin Cooper fumble in the lead-up.

Fulltime
PENRITH 28 (M Jennings 3 M Gordon J Sammut tries M Gordon 4 goals) bt NORTH QUEENSLAND 20 (J Thurston W Tonga C Webb J Williams tries J Thurston 2 goals) at Dairy Farmers Stadium. Referee: Matt Cecchin, Shayne Hayne. Crowd: 14,274.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Spoke to a couple of players and officials at the hotel last night about the injuries to Lewis and Pritchard. Pritchard is almost certain to take the field next week and Lewis is a huge chance as well. If Lewis isn't back next week it will definately be the week after apparently.

abpanther

Staff member
Spoke to a couple of players and officials at the hotel last night about the injuries to Lewis and Pritchard. Pritchard is almost certain to take the field next week and Lewis is a huge chance as well. If Lewis isn't back next week it will definately be the week after apparently.

That's great news mate, thanks for the update.

Is it confirmed that Petero is gone for the season?

maple_69

Bench
Unless something has changed very recently, his 8 weeks out due to the toe was revised to the season about a week ago.

Sleep

Juniors
On the footy show yesterday they said Lewis would be good to go next week. No mention of Pritchard. Lewis was spoken too before the game on Saturday night but there was no volume in the restaurant.

Petero is done for the year. He said he wouldn't even be ready for the tests in the offseason.

murraymob

Coach
wade graham has picked up a new injury
wallet rash. Joel Romelo has cleaned him out in the weekly game of uka

this should mean a big performance as he will get man of the match being a bit lighter

Panther_Daz

Staff member
:lol::lol::lol:

There was a game of cards taking place a few metres away at the hotel on Saturday Night. Judging by the commotion at the end Harry Siejka walked away the winner.

murraymob

Coach
the uka game was Thursday is a weekly game.A get together of a few of the boys.The life of a footballer is tough :lol:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I was referring to the team hotel.

Harry is 16 i think.

The players were not allowed out of the team hotel on Saturday Night after the game. They were allowed to have a few drinks at the hotel bar, which some fans joined them for.

murraymob

Coach
grear good idea to keep the players in.We do not want any bad press and any mixing with the fans is a positive one

maple_69

Bench
Although we all know players have found ways to get in trouble in hotel rooms this year...
Give it 5 years and it will be a tropical cyclone in a teacup. SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GAMBLES!

Kilkenny

Coach
Listening to Assistant Coach Wayne Collins on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning he seemed reasonably confident Pritchard would play this week against the Warriors. I didn't exactly get the same confidence about Lewis being fit for the Dragons as I got the impression he is a 50% chance at best. May be better giving him an extra week, rather than take any risks with Luke.

Fibroman

First Grade
Listening to Assistant Coach Wayne Collins on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning he seemed reasonably confident Pritchard would play this week against the Warriors. I didn't exactly get the same confidence about Lewis being fit for the Dragons as I got the impression he is a 50% chance at best. May be better giving him an extra week, rather than take any risks with Luke.

Common sense tells me that you dont go from a plastic boot on your foot to playing FG in the space of a week or 2.

maple_69

Bench
Pritchard is no certainty to play this week I suspect he'll be another week. Read an article saying he still can't grip with his hand and they probably won't be risking him.

Latest posts