What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

choc_soldier

Coach
I'm pretty sure its been made clear that when Civ goes up the tunnel, its part of his routine with all that strapping he has. He's been quoted as saying that in Big League. He told supporters not to worry when they see him going up the tunnel. I wasn't worried in the slightest.

Wasn't aware of that - I'll remember that next time I see him do it then. :)

murraymob

Coach
injury update from todays telegrapth

player....................injury.....................expected return
civinceva..................toe.........................round 23
gordon.....................ankle.......................round..21
elford.....................ankle........................round 19
isofia......................bicep.......................season
lweis.......................toe.........................round 19
coote...................................................season
daniella...................knee.......................round 18

mxlegend99

Referee
If we have Lewis, Daniela and Gordon all back in Round 21 as expected, i rate us as a good chance at making the top 8.

1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Geoff Daniela
5. Junior Tia Kilifi / Shane Elford / Brad Tighe (in that order)
6. Wade Graham
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Paul Aiton
10. Frank Puletua
11. Gavin Cooper / Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Luke Lewis

14. Frank Pritchard / Gavin Cooper
15. Nathan Smith
16. Matt Bell
17. Joel Romelo

That's a pretty strong line-up which will look much better once Petero is back. I personally wouldn't have Nathan Smith in the side, i would probably look at another front rower in his place. Although Matt Elliott would never drop him, so i factored him in.

I'm also sure that Matt Elliott will make sure that Shane Elford and Brad Tighe have a spot in the team, probably at the expense of Tia Kilfi and Daniela.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I believe thats The Pet letting the little fella of the chain (relieving himself) after his first stint.
He had a massive game. 120 metres and 30 something tackles second only to Smith and maybe another.
On the plus side since the third game is a dead rubber, we'll have Civ and Jenko on board for the Round ...18 or is it 19 game.

I read the old ruptured planta fascia generally takes between 2 weeks and a couple months for recovery so I can't see Elford getting on the field against Eels. We really gotta rush through this Blair/Inu swap or..no lets not talk about it..
Aint going to happen champ Parra are not going to swap Blair for Inu, take that as fact.

Kilkenny

Coach
Pritchard broken hand so make that nine first graders on the sideline.

Broken hands normally a minimum of four weeks depending on the extent of the damage.

Fibroman

First Grade
Were you there. I happened to notice there were some vacant seats in Row G. Two seats to be exact, whats happening, that two home games in a row.

Was on the hill. My cousin came to the game with his 2 year old, who refuses to sit still, so couldn't really sit in the stand. Missed a fair bit of the game chasing the young fella around in the crowd.

maple_69

Bench
Mckendry in, Sammut to 5/8, Gordon/Mcfadegeon to fullback, Blair to get a heart transplant before he comes back.

Copperhead

Juniors
I hope Gordon is really right to come back, and not just rushing it because of the position the team is in.

I'd prefer him to come back via the wing, but I think he's best placed as our fullback. Sammut doesn't offer much

back there, he offers no last line of defense, and his technique bringing the ball back is pathetic. Never gets low

enough to hold his ground, and is easily driven backwards. Coote is much better, but this is the second season ended

short because of injury. I think they're both too small for first grade. I hope they prove me wrong but it doesn't look like it.

Kilkenny

Coach
I hope Gordon is really right to come back, and not just rushing it because of the position the team is in.

I'd prefer him to come back via the wing, but I think he's best placed as our fullback. Sammut doesn't offer much

back there, he offers no last line of defense, and his technique bringing the ball back is pathetic. Never gets low

enough to hold his ground, and is easily driven backwards. Coote is much better, but this is the second season ended

short because of injury. I think they're both too small for first grade. I hope they prove me wrong but it doesn't look like it.

I think Jarrod Sammut is a terrific player, we just need to create the right sort of offensive moves to bring him into the game, hitting gaps or creating space for him. We don't seem to have the set plays to create opportunities for him.

Fibroman

First Grade
I think Jarrod Sammut is a terrific player, we just need to create the right sort of offensive moves to bring him into the game, hitting gaps or creating space for him. We don't seem to have the set plays to create opportunities for him.

Not only is he small, but shown up that he hasn't got enough pace to cut it at fullback.

Latest posts