What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

mxlegend99

Referee
NSW had better leave him alone for Game 2. Panthers desperately need him. If he's picked for Game 2 that will mean we have missed him for 4 weeks thanks to State of Origin.

Hopefully they replace him with Jamal Idris. :D

maple_69

Bench
I expect and hope he gets picked again. He didn't put a foot wrong in his debut and should be fit. No other candidate has really pressed their claims in his absence either.
The guy will come back a better player. We desperately need players with big game experience and working with the NSW brainstrust and other elite players will teach him a great deal.

murraymob

Coach
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=injury-update

Injury Update

Lachlan Coorte sustained a shoulder injury in the game against Manly, he will continue to see the physio in an attempt to be cleared to play against the Bulldogs.
Luke Lewis will undergo surgery on his toe on Monday June 15, no date of return will be specified until rehabilitiaion has commenced.
Michael Jennings is expected to return to full training on June 14.
Michael Gordon - Rd 21 return

Copperhead

Juniors
His surgery was scheduled for last week, but with the swine flu paranoia he was tested after having some likely

symptoms. He was cleared, and surgery rescheduled. The last thing we needed. If we're going to salvage this

season we need him back. And quickly.

bigfoot

Juniors
Now Coote is out for the season with a shoulder injury. :(
I guess Sammut will be our fullback for the rest of the year.

Source: Andrew Farrell on PI.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
The injury list is getting absolutely ridiculous. Jarrod Sammut staying fit is absolutely crucial to us now. There's no way we can make the finals with the amount of talent and experience we have sitting on the sideline, and lack of depth to cover them.

choc_soldier

Coach
What's our casualty list now?

Michael Gordon
Michael Jennings
Luke Lewis
Geoff Daniela
Lachlan Coote

That's pretty much most of our first choice backline out plus Lewis who has been nothing but bloody sensattional this year... most of those players will be back soon hopefully, bar Coote.

Unfortunately, the back up players aren't that crash hot... Jennings back will help, Lewis and Gordon even more so... but it looks like Flash won't be back until around Round 20, and Lewis for another month.

I fear our season could go into free fall again like last year... this time due to lack of personnel.

maple_69

Bench
FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I think Coote's been consistently one of our best. He'll miss any finals experience we get, also miss another off season of preparation.
Luckily we're rich in fullbacks.
Great to see Waddell back to, that's the best news of the week. If he can return successfully and find some form towards the end of the year he could be what we're looking for next year.
1. Coote 2. Daniela 3. Jennings 4. Waddell 5. Gordon
Blistering backline.

Looking at our draw, after the Dogs we have the bye, then some games against relatively lowly sides. If we can keep our heads above water until Huey and Gordon are back we might stand a chance.

abpanther

Staff member
Is that Coote's second shoulder surgery? Could this be a Benji Marshall problem?

choc_soldier

Coach
1. Coote 2. Daniela 3. Jennings 4. Waddell 5. Gordon

drooling_homer.png

choc_soldier

Coach
Lachlan Coote will miss the rest of the seasojn due to the shoulder injury he picked up in the game last Saturday night. It is the same shoulder he injured towards the end of last year and it requires surgery in the next week or two.

Luke Lewis will undergo surgery on his toe on Monday June 15, no date of return will be specified until rehabilitiaion has commenced.

Michael Jennings is expected to return to full training on June 14.

Michael Gordon - Rd 21 return
Official site

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm not sure Greg Waddell will ever live to to expectations. He was out of the game for a very long time and he would surely have fallen behind where he was a year and a half ago.

Hopefully he manages to start where he left off. Although i won't be expecting any miracles. If he's ready for first grade by this time next year, i'll be over the moon.

Latest posts