What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

Luke Bowden

First Grade

He got caught with Coke on Mad Monday.

You are extremely naive if you think our club is party drug free.

The “Domestic Abuse” issue was sorted, he received counseling and has fixed up his relationship. I think it’s poor that he would continue to have to answer for that. Everyone makes mistakes.

None of this is Poison for a club.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He got caught with Coke on Mad Monday.

You are extremely naive if you think our club is party drug free.

The “Domestic Abuse” issue was sorted, he received counseling and has fixed up his relationship. I think it’s poor that he would continue to have to answer for that. Everyone makes mistakes.

None of this is Poison for a club.

You and I have very different standards about what is poison. I don't like the bloke. Trouble and he are closely joined. Funny how blokes think about domestic abuse too. Domestic abuse can never be 'sorted' either. It happened. It can't be wished away like fairy dust.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You and I have very different standards about what is poison. I don't like the bloke. Trouble and he are closely joined. Funny how blokes think about domestic abuse too. Domestic abuse can never be 'sorted' either. It happened. It can't be wished away like fairy dust.

I’m a Police officer Alice, I think I have a fair idea about the effects domestic violence have on our community. I deal with it on the daily.

I think it’s “Funny” how quick you are to judge a bloke based on what you read in the media. Says a lot.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the salary cap space which has been freed up will be going towards resigning off contract players.

I certainly wouldn't be wasting money on the likes of Ben Barba. Young Jerome Laui could do a decent job in the fullback spot if required. .

Certainly, if there were a decent winger or centre available at minimum cost until the end of this season only, then such acquisition would be worth considering as insurance, otherwise I think we will just have to make do with what we have left.

franklin2323

Immortal
The problem is Edwards will be the fullback next year. Except for Mansour the backs are set. Hard to get someone in those cases we have money now Atleast

We just need a depth winger/centre. Nothing special.

There’s still enough talent in this team to go far this year, could be a breakout year for DWZ too.

Once Blake is back we get some more strikepower. Phillips looks like a good prospect to run off Maloney as well.

seal

Juniors
As much as I rate Dallin at fullback, I’m not sure we can win the premiership without Edwards…

Anyway, I really hope we sign at least one new player to provide some backline depth. For me, guys like Josh Hoffman or Young Tonumaipea would be excellent options- they are experienced, wouldn’t ask for too much coin, can cover any backline position, and probably wouldn’t complain playing second-fiddle on a 1-2 year contract.

kinghippo

Juniors
With the loss of Edwards our depth hits rock bottom in the back line, we really do need to sign someone.
We have put ourselves in a strong position to start the year it would be a shame to let injury’s kill off our season.
I am all for Philips getting a run and know things will look a lot better when Cleary and waqa are back but an experienced signing may prove crucial at the back end of the season.
Barba is interesting as a proven performer but is not everyone’s cup of tea and certainly wouldn’t suit hooks coaching style with his flair, I also doubt he would sign cheaply or short term.
I would prefer someone who has the potential to fill our centres long term, although I honestly can’t think of anyone that could fit the bill.
Rerecruiting former juniors like Braidon Burns would be a good option if experience can’t be found.
The thing to ask is are we a chance this year?
if so spending on a good signing could be well worth it!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Condolences on the loss of Edwards for the season. Seriously.

Every serious footy fan knows that it isn't necessarily the best footy team that wins the comp; but rather the top contender who has all of their key players fit and firing come finals.

There's nothing worse than having a super promising season derailed by injuries and if I'm being honest, in such a close season, I fear the loss of your star fullback will ultimately be the difference in the finals.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m a Police officer Alice, I think I have a fair idea about the effects domestic violence have on our community. I deal with it on the daily.

I think it’s “Funny” how quick you are to judge a bloke based on what you read in the media. Says a lot.[/QUOTE

Luke you do get 'undies in a twist' when someone disagrees with you're opinion don't you. :)

If we buy someone i would prefer someone looking for an opportunity on mimiumn wage, or promoting a junior.

Not the likes of Barba.

mxlegend99

Referee
So for Round 20 onwards our options appear to be (aside from new injuries).

1. Dallin Watene-Zeleziak
2. Christian Crichton / Tyrone Philips
3. Dean Whare / Tyrone Peachey
4. Waqa Blake
5. Josh Mansour
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Trent Merrin
9. Peter Wallace / Sione Katoa
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Isaah Yeo
13. James Fisher-Harris

14. Tyrone Peachey / Sione Katoa / Tyrone May / Wade Egan
15. Corey Harawira-Naera
16. Moses Leota
17. James Tamou

If we can keep our roster to these guys I think we can be a genuine premiership threat. Depending on how we perform against the top sides anyway.

Sime_11

Juniors
So I spotted MWZ on Friday night at the panthers dogs game and then MWZ got dropped for Fonua on Sunday?

Could we sign MWZ if he was mutually terminated from Wests????

Sime_11

Juniors
Also with Tim Browne retiring - does that open a return for Tim Grant? He’s on the outer at wests - surely would jump at a contract we gave him?

seal

Juniors
So I spotted MWZ on Friday night at the panthers dogs game and then MWZ got dropped for Fonua on Sunday?

Could we sign MWZ if he was mutually terminated from Wests????

Malakai is at every Panthers game with his family supporting Dallin, and vice versa. And I’m fairly sure he was injured rather than dropped.

BUT having Malakai back would be awesome. He’s been playing quite well at Wests

Kilkenny

Coach
If the club is considering bringing in an outside back before June 30 the one thing you can count on is Gus will know exactly who is and who isn't available and will be all over it. Whether we do sign someone is another issue, as it would have to tick all the right boxes particularly given it is highly likely to be a short term fix only. There will be no panic acquisitions. While the fans may only be concerned with 2018 Gus and the club are forward planning to next season and beyond so much bigger issues involved.