What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

mxlegend99

Referee
If we're not keeping Mansour theres no reason we cant offer a permanent spot in our backline to a signing if we can find one good enough.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
What about Brent Naden? Similar to Burns, knows everyone, covers a few positions. No idea what sort of form he's in, but not getting any opportunities at the Knights.

yeah he could be another. Depends if they need to have FG experience or not

Thanks heavens for the fact we have DWZ as our depth FB.

I remember a few seasons ago when Moylan went down (perhaps it was when Eastwood busted Moylans ankle in a grub leg tackle) and Dallin went to FB for a long period, and he was sensational. I think it then lead to talk about the possibility of him leaving if he couldn’t play FB fulltime for the club.

2015. Halfway through the year Moylan got injured and Dallin played half a dozen games at fullback.
He played very well for a few weeks then got injured.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
@Aliceinwonderland
Disagree with my opinions? I asked you why Ben Barba was poison to club. What’s that got to do to with my opinion?

I couldn’t care less if you agree/disagree with me about trying to sign him, which was my opinion.

Also, can you use the quote function properly, makes it easier to reply.

I gave the reasons why I believe Barba is not suitable for the club to buy. I don't like the bloke, (which means nothing but an observation, as if the 'powers that be listen to a punter like me'.):) At this stage I believe the're are better options too. His behaviour whilst at Cronulla and the Dogs leads me to believe his presence would be less than ideal.....'poison'

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I gave the reasons why I believe Barba is not suitable for the club to buy. I don't like the bloke, (which means nothing but an observation, as if the 'powers that be listen to a punter like me'.):) At this stage I believe the're are better options too. His behaviour whilst at Cronulla and the Dogs leads me to believe his presence would be less than ideal.....'poison'

And in the process made a sexist comment about me and still didn’t really give any evidence that he caused problems at any of his clubs. Cronulla are spewing they lost him.

But who cares, you don’t like him, that’s cool.

Whose the better option?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
DWZ is a great replacement.

I just think Maloney/Barba combine very well. So well, they won a comp. that’s the only real reason for my interest, I realise it won’t happen.

OldPanther

Coach

I just think Maloney/Barba combine very well. So well, they won a comp. that’s the only real reason for my interest, I realise it won’t happen.

You're not wrong. He'd also be worth less after his party issues.

Kilkenny

Coach
Going to have a full match look at fullback Charlie Staines in Saturday's SG Ball grand final. What I have seen of him in highlights was very promising. Obviously would be too green to throw in after the finals,but if I was Gould,I'd rush him straight into the Reserve grade squad to get ready for later in the year in case we need him. And he wouldn't cost the farm either.

I was flying home to Sydney when the Bulldogs game was on and haven't had chance to watch a full replay. My son did say to me that apparently whoever the Fox commentator was during the game made the comment that the club was intending to promote a 'couple' of the SG Ball side (outside backs) straight into the ISP side. Don't think names were mentioned but did anyone else hear such comments made during the game? Interesting if true, particularly given the Under 20 are travelling fairly well so would think there may be some talent in that side as well. Having been overseas for last six weeks I have only seen bit and pieces of our NRL side and nothing of our other sides.

OldPanther

Coach
I was flying home to Sydney when the Bulldogs game was on and haven't had chance to watch a full replay. My son did say to me that apparently whoever the Fox commentator was during the game made the comment that the club was intending to promote a 'couple' of the SG Ball side (outside backs) straight into the ISP side. Don't think names were mentioned but did anyone else hear such comments made during the game? Interesting if true, particularly given the Under 20 are travelling fairly well so would think there may be some talent in that side as well. Having been overseas for last six weeks I have only seen bit and pieces of our NRL side and nothing of our other sides.

It was definitely mentioned in the commentary. Forget which one said it.

ashton

Juniors
Yes I heard that too, it was said by Andy Raymond on Fox.

Watch the highlights of SG Ball fullback Charlie Staines.https://www.nswrl.com.au/SGBall-Highlights-FW2

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
And in the process made a sexist comment about me and still didn’t really give any evidence that he caused problems at any of his clubs. Cronulla are spewing they lost him.

But who cares, you don’t like him, that’s cool.

Whose the better option?

I made a generalised sexist comment about blokes and domestic violence. I'm sorry it offended you. It was a 'throwaway line'. My comment had to more do with the fact that scars from DV linger for a lifetime. They can't be fixed with a few nice words, and in saying that the issues are never truely resolved.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I made a generalised sexist comment about blokes and domestic violence. I'm sorry it offended you. It was a 'throwaway line'. My comment had to more do with the fact that scars from DV linger for a lifetime. They can't be fixed with a few nice words, and in saying that the issues are never truely resolved.

DV is a chat for another place, and another forum. I believe there are better and cheaper options out there too.

After listening to 6 tackles with Gus It wouldn't shock me after his surgery if Sam Mackendry either retires or moves on.(mentioned that he'd played 40 minutes of footy in 3 years.) Gus also likes the idea of promoting from within.

betcats

Referee

He isn't the only FB Maloney won a comp with. You would be signing Barba for next season. Its very unlikely he could come back to the NRL after 18 months away and just slot into our side seemlessly. What is his form like in England? Does he even want to come back? He said earlier this year he isn't even sure if he does want to, certainly not midseason. Also last time Barba played for Griffin it didn't exactly go well.

Its just not a realistic suggestion, even he we could get him(and afford him) Gus isn't going to sign him just because Dylan got hurt for the season. It would be a panic move and the kind of move that could unsettle a happy squad and derail a season.

Edit: What ended up happening with his ban? I believe the last I heard of it was Toddy saying he would have to serve the ban before playing another NRL game.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

Sure he didn't mean the Dogs? That goes against everything we have done before. Why change it? We never jump players grades.

Ball go into Flegg. Flegg guys go into ISP is the way we have done it since Gus has been here

franklin2323

Immortal
He isn't the only FB Maloney won a comp with. You would be signing Barba for next season. Its very unlikely he could come back to the NRL after 18 months away and just slot into our side seemlessly. What is his form like in England? Does he even want to come back? He said earlier this year he isn't even sure if he does want to, certainly not midseason. Also last time Barba played for Griffin it didn't exactly go well.

Its just not a realistic suggestion, even he we could get him(and afford him) Gus isn't going to sign him just because Dylan got hurt for the season. It would be a panic move and the kind of move that could unsettle a happy squad and derail a season.

Edit: What ended up happening with his ban? I believe the last I heard of it was Toddy saying he would have to serve the ban before playing another NRL game.

I thought he had 12 game ban before he could play. Regardless lower grades going well. No reason to panic buy players

OldPanther

Coach
Sure he didn't mean the Dogs? That goes against everything we have done before. Why change it? We never jump players grades.

Ball go into Flegg. Flegg guys go into ISP is the way we have done it since Gus has been here

It was definitely about Penrith.

I thought he had 12 game ban before he could play. Regardless lower grades going well. No reason to panic buy players

He was deemed to have served it in Super league.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Now you are making generalised comments about domestic violence, what your saying is simply not true.

Latest posts