What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

franklin2323

Immortal
Dallin is quite skilled passing the ball. He doesn’t have vision or craftyness of a real ball player but he can pass the footy he isn’t like Waqa or mansour who passes can go anywhere, now that he will get an extended run there and be the main guy training at fb practicing those backline moves I think his skills will surprise people

What Edwards does wrong is doesn't straighten up before passing it on. Dallen runs straighter so that alone should get better ball and more space to the outside backs

Fangs

Coach
If DWZ kills it at FB then it might only bring us joy in 2018.

Not too long ago he was testing the open market as a FB, not a winger. He might get Holmes syndrome.

GongPanther

Referee
I was flying home to Sydney when the Bulldogs game was on and haven't had chance to watch a full replay. My son did say to me that apparently whoever the Fox commentator was during the game made the comment that the club was intending to promote a 'couple' of the SG Ball side (outside backs) straight into the ISP side. Don't think names were mentioned but did anyone else hear such comments made during the game? Interesting if true, particularly given the Under 20 are travelling fairly well so would think there may be some talent in that side as well. Having been overseas for last six weeks I have only seen bit and pieces of our NRL side and nothing of our other sides.
I didn't notice anything that was mentioned,I'll have to watch it again myself being that at times I was distracted.

Bob

Juniors
I was flying home to Sydney when the Bulldogs game was on and haven't had chance to watch a full replay. My son did say to me that apparently whoever the Fox commentator was during the game made the comment that the club was intending to promote a 'couple' of the SG Ball side (outside backs) straight into the ISP side. Don't think names were mentioned but did anyone else hear such comments made during the game? Interesting if true, particularly given the Under 20 are travelling fairly well so would think there may be some talent in that side as well. Having been overseas for last six weeks I have only seen bit and pieces of our NRL side and nothing of our other sides.
I think it was Matt Russell and I heard the same thing, he was talking about the sg ball boys and said there were big wraps on a few of them

cain3y

Juniors
What Edwards does wrong is doesn't straighten up before passing it on. Dallen runs straighter so that alone should get better ball and more space to the outside backs
Dallin is a good fullback and aggressive no doubt. His only problem is he has a loose carry in him every so often. If he can fix that up every team in the NRL will be chasing his signature.

cain3y

Juniors
Dylan leads the competition for support play with 271 metres. That is what Dallin really needs to do to make up for Edwards' absence. His support play in the middle of the ruck when we burst through the line or when there was a half break is what I think we could miss most if DWZ doesn't step up in that respect.
That is Dallins game, he did this all through his junior career, it was only because of Moylan that he never really got his chance. He is really wasted on the wing. If he gets the errors out of his game you won't remember who our last fullback was.

OldPanther

Coach
That is Dallins game, he did this all through his junior career, it was only because of Moylan that he never really got his chance. He is really wasted on the wing. If he gets the errors out of his game you won't remember who our last fullback was.

Dylan Ed..... Oh no it's already started.

unKwn

Juniors
Awww but I love dildo edwards

franklin2323

Immortal
Dallin is a good fullback and aggressive no doubt. His only problem is he has a loose carry in him every so often. If he can fix that up every team in the NRL will be chasing his signature.

High ball he is our best. Edwards is shaky. Carrying the ball and getting the rolling ball is his problem. He signed with Moylan in front of him I think he knows he will mostly be on the wing

Fangs

Coach
Difference is Holmes is a good winger and shit FB.

Yes but the point is DWZ will look elsewhere for an opportunity.

Wingers these days. Corey Oates wants to be a backrower. Holmes a FB. Josh the Superstar Hoffman anything but a winger apparently.

No one wants to hold him back from reaching his potential. Maybe at fullback he will do just that. But our back line is stuffed as it is and if we lose both Mansour and DWZ for 2019 I think we will be in a bit of trouble.

P.S DWZ having a contract until 2020 won't stop him either.

Yes but the point is DWZ will look elsewhere for an opportunity.

Wingers these days. Corey Oates wants to be a backrower. Holmes a FB. Josh the Superstar Hoffman anything but a winger apparently.

No one wants to hold him back from reaching his potential. Maybe at fullback he will do just that. But our back line is stuffed as it is and if we lose both Mansour and DWZ for 2019 I think we will be in a bit of trouble.

P.S DWZ having a contract until 2020 won't stop him either.

I’d prefer to keep Mansour if it came down to it.

If DWZ plays really well and earns a big offer to play FB, good luck to him. It’ll also free up cap space that a rookie will fill.

Can’t really keep two high quality fullbacks around (if that’s what DWZ turns out to be)

mxlegend99

Referee
I’d prefer to keep Mansour if it came down to it.

If DWZ plays really well and earns a big offer to play FB, good luck to him. It’ll also free up cap space that a rookie will fill.

Can’t really keep two high quality fullbacks around (if that’s what DWZ turns out to be)
I think DWZ would be the better one to keep.

Hes younger. Faster and hasn't had any serious knee injuries. So his best footy is more than likely in his future. Although its his versatility in the backline that truly tips the scales.

He can play centre and fullback aswell. Plus being kiwi he can play rep footy and not miss any games for us.

I think DWZ would be the better one to keep.

Hes younger. Faster and hasn't had any serious knee injuries. So his best footy is more than likely in his future. Although its his versatility in the backline that truly tips the scales.

He can play centre and fullback aswell. Plus being kiwi he can play rep footy and not miss any games for us.

I’m strictly talking from the perspective of DWZ getting a big offer to play fullback. If that doesn’t happen then DWZ is definitely the better one to keep.

But if he gets a big offer I’d prefer not to compete with that offer and instead keep Mansour.

Mansour may not be versatile position wise but he does a heap more work than any other back (bar the FB)

tripster

Juniors
Is Merrin likely to miss any games with his injury? I’d assume not? Even if it is fractured surely they will just splint and bandage it up and he’ll play next week?

Last edited: