What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He isn't the only FB Maloney won a comp with. You would be signing Barba for next season. Its very unlikely he could come back to the NRL after 18 months away and just slot into our side seemlessly. What is his form like in England? Does he even want to come back? He said earlier this year he isn't even sure if he does want to, certainly not midseason. Also last time Barba played for Griffin it didn't exactly go well.

Its just not a realistic suggestion, even he we could get him(and afford him) Gus isn't going to sign him just because Dylan got hurt for the season. It would be a panic move and the kind of move that could unsettle a happy squad and derail a season.

Edit: What ended up happening with his ban? I believe the last I heard of it was Toddy saying he would have to serve the ban before playing another NRL game.

He is easily the best Player in the Super League...

OldPanther

Coach
Sure he didn't mean the Dogs? That goes against everything we have done before. Why change it? We never jump players grades.

Ball go into Flegg. Flegg guys go into ISP is the way we have done it since Gus has been here
To elaborate he said we've had 4 debutants this year

"Depth into the ISP"

"The kids everyone is excited about though is SG ball which is under 18, a lot of these 18 year olds are going to go straight into ISP on the completion of the SG Ball competion and perhaps be pushing for first grade by the end of the year enormous wraps on these 18 year olds"

Second commentator: "Exciting times"

Put the recording of the game on and quoted it here for you word for word.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Which probably means we cannot afford him without giving up someone. St Helens would put a nice transfer fee on him since he is the best player in the competition.

I seriously doubt Gus is even considering it. I just think it would be great to get him for the remainder of the season.

franklin2323

Immortal
To elaborate he said we've had 4 debutants this year

"Depth into the ISP"

"The kids everyone is excited about though is SG ball which is under 18, a lot of these 18 year olds are going to go straight into ISP on the completion of the SG Ball competion and perhaps be pushing for first grade by the end of the year enormous wraps on these 18 year olds"

Second commentator: "Exciting times"

Put the recording of the game on and quoted it here for you word for word.

Gee Fox Sports have really dropped their quality the last few seasons. No team would do such a thing

franklin2323

Immortal
You'd sure think so. Any superstar 18 year olds forcing the issue?

2016 we won SG Ball and the playoff game v QLD Champs. Most of them are still to play ISP yet these Flegg guys will go up 1st.

SG Ball guys have school footy, Junior carnivals etc once their season ends. Also with the age limits being changed no 18 yo can play FG so moving them makes no sense. NSW Cup should be the next inline for FG having ineligible players is just dumb

OldPanther

Coach
2016 we won SG Ball and the playoff game v QLD Champs. Most of them are still to play ISP yet these Flegg guys will go up 1st.

SG Ball guys have school footy, Junior carnivals etc once their season ends. Also with the age limits being changed no 18 yo can play FG so moving them makes no sense. NSW Cup should be the next inline for FG having ineligible players is just dumb

so it's 100% hyperbole on Fox's part than. Not to worry it's pretty normal as they want to build excitement. Good to see our junior work is paying off.

ashton

Juniors

Stefano Halo played in that S G Ball side 2016 do you know why we let him go?
What happen to Tom Skinner from that side?

Munted

Bench
2015. Halfway through the year Moylan got injured and Dallin played half a dozen games at fullback.
He played very well for a few weeks then got injured.
I've said this many times here, in that period he played FB verse the tigers and played one of the best games of his career. He was an an animal, returned the ball like Mark Carroll into the chief !

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah DWZ has potential to be a gun fullback.

After 3 or 4 games there last time he looked great before his season ending injury.

He looked great last week too. He even setup a try surprisingly... a skill I doubted he possessed even if it was an easy one by todays fullback standards.

After 3 or 4 games there last time he looked great before his season ending injury.

He looked great last week too. He even setup a try surprisingly... a skill I doubted he possessed even if it was an easy one by todays fullback standards.
Always been a fullback really

OldPanther

Coach

Did he play fullback much when younger? Looks really natural at it.

betcats

Referee

Dallin is quite skilled passing the ball. He doesn’t have vision or craftyness of a real ball player but he can pass the footy he isn’t like Waqa or mansour who passes can go anywhere, now that he will get an extended run there and be the main guy training at fb practicing those backline moves I think his skills will surprise people

Dylan leads the competition for support play with 271 metres. That is what Dallin really needs to do to make up for Edwards' absence. His support play in the middle of the ruck when we burst through the line or when there was a half break is what I think we could miss most if DWZ doesn't step up in that respect.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Dylan leads the competition for support play with 271 metres. That is what Dallin really needs to do to make up for Edwards' absence. His support play in the middle of the ruck when we burst through the line or when there was a half break is what I think we could miss most if DWZ doesn't step up in that respect.

Maloney will show him what to do, it’s been a big part of his game for years.