What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

tripster

Juniors
Wow, that’s a very long lay off for McKendry - more than a year this time for his ACL reconstruction.

If he won’t even know until June or July if he will play again you’d have to assume that it is unlikely he will be playing for us this year - unless there are injuries and he comes into the side in the very back end of the season.

Wow, that’s a very long lay off for McKendry - more than a year this time for his ACL reconstruction.

If he won’t even know until June or July if he will play again you’d have to assume that it is unlikely he will be playing for us this year - unless there are injuries and he comes into the side in the very back end of the season.

Geez now we really are thin in the front row department.

Big time pressure now on the likes of RCG, JFH, Leota and TG.

We need Latu back

maple_69

Bench
If we aren’t landing Marty, we are going to need a couple of Martin, Blore, Lui-Toso, May and Hatherington to have a breakout year.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I'm all for trusying our young guys but the bit of experience we have had to play their best footy and the young guys have to come in at a higher standard than other clubs juniors.

I think we will regret not replacing Mez with an experienced forward. Unless Grant steps up, I think Mez will be sorely missed.

mxlegend99

Referee
We're definitely going to miss Merrin if we're not adding more experience.

Our already inexperienced pack has lost Trent Merrin, Corey Harawira-Naera, Sam Mckendry, Tim Browne and to a lesser extent Tyrone Peachey. Throw in Peter Wallace at hooker and our options arent as good as 2018 nor is the competition for spots.

4 of those guys were top 17 players. So we're definitely going all in on our starting side staying fit and being able to build a decent bench from our depth.

OldPanther

Coach
I think we will regret not replacing Mez with an experienced forward. Unless Grant steps up, I think Mez will be sorely missed.

Our already inexperienced pack has lost Trent Merrin, Corey Harawira-Naera, Sam Mckendry, Tim Browne and to a lesser extent Tyrone Peachey. Throw in Peter Wallace at hooker and our options arent as good as 2018 nor is the competition for spots.

4 of those guys were top 17 players. So we're definitely going all in on our starting side staying fit and being able to build a decent bench from our depth.

Agreed

BxTom

Bench
I love the optimism of relying on Tim Grant when (a) he hasn't played well in years and (b) Cleary obviously has no time for him whatsoever.
All the optimism? What optimism? Most either want him to play well, but have their doubts and we are aware that he and Cleary have or had issues.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
All the optimism? What optimism? Most either want him to play well, but have their doubts and we are aware that he and Cleary have or had issues.
I doybt anyone expects him to play that well. But ofcourse people would want him to.

Not that his form will make a difference to his first grade chances. Cleary will only use him when desperate

tripster

Juniors

100%. It wouldn’t have been quite as bad if McKendry was back from the start of the season and his knee held together, but that’s not going to be the case.

Latest posts