What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

Gronk

Staff member
Would he need to retire ? Sounds pretty serious

You never know...

c5.png

Stagger eel

Staff member
Clearly this calls for another channel 9 news story on the poor old injury ravaged Penrith panthers

Forty20

First Grade
Cameron King come on down.

Certainly looks like an astute pick up with the benefit of hindsight.

I have also noticed that Kaysa has been heavily involved with the gameday squad since his season ending injury so perhaps he is held in good stead by the coaching staff as well.

emjaycee

Coach
Certainly looks like an astute pick up with the benefit of hindsight.

I have also noticed that Kaysa has been heavily involved with the gameday squad since his season ending injury so perhaps he is held in good stead by the coaching staff as well.

Agreed - no shortage of 9's for 2016 and all capable of playing NRL.
If Peats' injury doesn't put him out of the game, I can see BA continuing with the extra 9 on the bench on 2016, especially with the workload Peats willingly takes on and the changes to interchange rules.

Noise

Coach
I know luck plays a big part in injuries but in professional sport the strength and conditioning staff will be under a fair bit of pressure with our massive injury toll.

eel01s

Bench
You have to wonder why clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters never seem to get as many injuries. Better medical staff and rehab resources?

You have to wonder why clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters never seem to get as many injuries. Better medical staff and rehab resources?

Melbourne have had Slater out for ages this year, and Cronk for a while too IIRC. They have better depth, because their long-term management is vastly superior to ours.

We have had a lot of injuries this year, but how many of them are likely to be associated with preparation? Taka: impact injury, Peats: hard see how that has much to do with conditioning, Champion: long-term injury history; Kaysa: yeh maybe there's a chance there as pec injuries can follow from excessive weights work, Folau: broken fibula (I think).....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A lot of it is luck. This is probably the worse injury toll we have had in a decade, yeah if it happened 2-3 years in a row there is some concerns. But not sure it is anything that training staff could address.

Kornstar

Coach
I think it was evident from round 1 that the boys were hitting harder in defence and because so many of them have had a free ride for so long it makes sense that the harder collisions would cause more injuries.

Hopefully they start to harden up and they are better for the harder hits next year.

Just a thought anyways.

Noise

Coach
All pre season BA was saying he wanted the boys to increase their physicality out on the field. Seems like it broke them (not putting shit on BA).

Latest posts