What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INSIDE INFO!!! blacklock

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
well you inferred to a poster that he would be clean, therefore not dirty(as he said he'd be, for us signing blacklock)

So whats your call? Blacklock in or out?

lolesi

First Grade
Would be no harm to get him, i presume wouldn't of cost much and is a proven try scorer! Good stuff

Special K

Coach
i'd be down with blacklock. But i feel he'll play more PL then NRL till the business end of the season

Thomo.

First Grade
i shall be waiting in anticipation for Danny Weilder to break the story!:sarcasm: :lol:

Since 73

First Grade
Blacklock was given free rein by Waite and scored a lot of points in the middle of the park running off Choc and Brown.
His trademark was the try off the grubber under the sticks.

One reason he was never really considered for rep footy despite try scoring records was the doubt he could reproduce his feats in a more structured role.
Would Sticky and Noddy be prepared for him to leave his wing and bob up anywhere in attack?

I don't think this rumour has legs, but if true it ain't Covell's place in the side under joepardy.

Quigs

Immortal
are we chasing Ziggy Niszcott for the other wing ??

Cheers
Declared Idiot#88 and Fat Cotroller
Quigs

Since 73

First Grade
Quigs said:
are we chasing Ziggy Niszcott for the other wing ??
I know for a fact Neville Glover still has his boots.

And if Blacklock is keen to play why ain't he interested in this rabble?
0,,5445773,00.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Since 73 said:
I know for a fact Neville Glover still has his boots.

And if Blacklock is keen to play why ain't he interested in this rabble?
0,,5445773,00.jpg

When it comes to chasin' Nev.. I'd be DIVING for the check book. He would be a top class CATCH.

To see him swanning into the corner with Black Blue and White on his back... and the ball one metre behind his addidas..... sign him now.

WOOSHHH You just got to love happy snaps from Massacre Monday

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Kiwishark

Juniors
Since 73 said:
Would Sticky and Noddy be prepared for him to leave his wing and bob up anywhere in attack?

Sticky has already given Bird free range, with a player with proven success from this strategy, you'd be stupid not to wouldn't you?

I think Sticky mentioned lack of strike power in the backs, maybe this is step one to improving that. If signed, I don't think he'll be signed for long, just enough for him to score a few tries and give his advice on attack to the rest of the team, especially backs, young backs.

Quigs

Immortal
I've just heard that the deal has fallen through - Blacklock has torn his heartstring again.

Plan B has been fast tracked.

Source ... "reliable"

Cronulla Officials wasted no time in opening the cheque book after the unfortunate collapse of contractual negotiations with former Stain George Try Scoring Machine Nathan Blacklock.

The untimely breakdown has left a small window of opportunity for the Sharks to chase another former Stain George Tryscoring Machine.

Off the scene for several seasons, and as a result of intense behind the scenes negotiations Stanley Gorton has decided to come out of retirement and he is looking forward to resurrecting his career under the guidance of Australian Coach Ricky Stuart.

Stanley admitted that his appetite for the bigtime was rekindled when he first fielded approaches from former Sharks Coach George Roper. "It was George that got me interested' said Stanley. "He still keeps intouch although he isnt the man anymore, infact he sold me a good suit"

------------------------------------

Gorton, Stan S, 1966-71, 56 games + 1 repl.
37t (111pts) Winger.
Originally from Cairns (Qld).
Season's leading try scorer in 1968 (22 tries).
more: 1968
(pssst don't tell Willow where I got them thar stats from)

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Sticky has already given Bird free range, with a player with proven success from this strategy, you'd be stupid not to wouldn't you?

We could play Blacklock organic, grain fed. Might pick him up as a late night special in Woolies.

Nullajet

Juniors
this is a total joke....we didnt keep the peach yet we are possibly looking at blacklock.......the stupidityt continues to astound me!!

Latest posts