What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INSIDE INFO!!! blacklock

Since 73

First Grade
Quigs said:
...from former Sharks Coach George Roper. "It was George that got me interested' said Stanley. "He still keeps intouch although he isnt the man anymore, infact he sold me a good suit"
I heard Mildred's tea cake played a big part in the negotiations as well.

Quigs

Immortal
Since 73 said:
I heard Mildred's tea cake played a big part in the negotiations as well.

Behind every good man is a good woman... and Mildred... well there's the benchmark

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
FFS we just got rid of an aging winger.

I would prefer we stick with Simmo and Covell for now.

Boldo

Juniors
Danny Wielder knows!!!

looks likely... Blacklock for the Sharks would be brilliant!!! How good would he be...

Inferno

Coach
Ricky doesn't seem to have given up on Simmo yet.

I wonder if Hannay would have been dropped if Simmo was not available.

Nullajet

Juniors
no simmo fan here...but that one hander of his from the kick the other night....all class (may be flukey too.....but still he did it)

cronullian

Juniors
whats the bet he got his info from in here...in the tele yesterday they had an article about leagueunlimited and the dragons forum

The Preacher

First Grade
Quigs said:
I've just heard that the deal has fallen through - Blacklock has torn his heartstring again.

Plan B has been fast tracked.

Source ... "reliable"

Cronulla Officials wasted no time in opening the cheque book after the unfortunate collapse of contractual negotiations with former Stain George Try Scoring Machine Nathan Blacklock.

The untimely breakdown has left a small window of opportunity for the Sharks to chase another former Stain George Tryscoring Machine.

Off the scene for several seasons, and as a result of intense behind the scenes negotiations Stanley Gorton has decided to come out of retirement and he is looking forward to resurrecting his career under the guidance of Australian Coach Ricky Stuart.

Stanley admitted that his appetite for the bigtime was rekindled when he first fielded approaches from former Sharks Coach George Roper. "It was George that got me interested' said Stanley. "He still keeps intouch although he isnt the man anymore, infact he sold me a good suit"

------------------------------------

Gorton, Stan S, 1966-71, 56 games + 1 repl.
37t (111pts) Winger.
Originally from Cairns (Qld).
Season's leading try scorer in 1968 (22 tries).
more: 1968
(pssst don't tell Willow where I got them thar stats from)

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs, you can't have Stanley, he's still under contract with Milperra Magpies and they have an option for next year as well.
What I have done for you though is I've spoken to high profile player manager, Eddie Booth, and I've lined up Ken Batty to have a run on the bing and swing for you !!:shock:

Quigs

Immortal
The Preacher said:
Quigs, you can't have Stanley, he's still under contract with Milperra Magpies and they have an option for next year as well.
What I have done for you though is I've spoken to high profile player manager, Eddie Booth, and I've lined up Ken Batty to have a run on the bing and swing for you !!:shock:

No, no, it's not the Ken, it's not the Ken we are after (bloody Pommy).

Your informant Eddie might have got his wires crossed. We are not interested in Ken Batty. I'll tell you this though you were very close to the money..... don't tell anyone ... But Bob Batty is interested in having a trott with us. Apparently he is still dirty about the young Wombat Eadie getting his No1 on the peninsula - and he still wont have the word Arthurson mentioned in his house.

Its all happening Reg

Cheers
Quigs

sharknows

Bench
Sheros los Deros said:
A hack gifted first grade opportunities! Genaro Panzarino is the one. Never given a chance by Paul Broughton. An absolute disgrace.

Genaro was a cheeky little St Peters thug. Liked nothing better than to lay the slipper in when the opportunity arose.....if anyone can remember (ie if you're old enough).

The Preacher

First Grade
sharknows said:
Genaro was a cheeky little St Peters thug. Liked nothing better than to lay the slipper in when the opportunity arose.....if anyone can remember (ie if you're old enough).

He played reserve grade with the Jets in '78, with a couple of first grade games thrown in. His brother, Mario, played with Hurlstone Park.
Gen ended up coaching soccer, Bankstown Lions I think it was, before taking ill and having to give it away. Funny little bastard

The Preacher

First Grade
Quigs said:
No, no, it's not the Ken, it's not the Ken we are after (bloody Pommy).

Your informant Eddie might have got his wires crossed. We are not interested in Ken Batty. I'll tell you this though you were very close to the money..... don't tell anyone ... But Bob Batty is interested in having a trott with us. Apparently he is still dirty about the young Wombat Eadie getting his No1 on the peninsula - and he still wont have the word Arthurson mentioned in his house.

Its all happening Reg

Cheers
Quigs

I remember being at Lidcombe Oval for a Wests v Manly game (early '70's) and seeing Bob Batty miss two penalty attempts, 25yds out, directly in front, with the second attempt being a re-kick for the Maggies interferring with the first one, and cost Manly victory.
Seeing Wombat waiting in the reggies for Batty, was like watching Krillich waiting for Freddy Jones to give him a call-up.

sharknows

Bench
The Preacher said:
He played reserve grade with the Jets in '78, with a couple of first grade games thrown in. His brother, Mario, played with Hurlstone Park.
Gen ended up coaching soccer, Bankstown Lions I think it was, before taking ill and having to give it away. Funny little bastard

Yeah funny little barstard for sure. I played with and against him in Newtown juniors and he wasn't scared of anything. They would have diagnosed him as having ADD these days LOL. What illness has he got?

The Preacher

First Grade
sharknows said:
Yeah funny little barstard for sure. I played with and against him in Newtown juniors and he wasn't scared of anything. They would have diagnosed him as having ADD these days LOL. What illness has he got?

I played U/23's and reggies bench when he was playing reggies in '78. It was some kind of depression he suffered pretty badly from, though I was talking to his aunty a couple of months ago at work and she said he was OK. I didn't know who she was until the name Panzarino was mentioned.
We may've even played against each other Sharknows, I played some junior footy with Hurlstone Park C + B grades.

Latest posts