What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insipred by the Nicholas thread: Best and worst commentators.

aqua_duck

Coach
I always like the Pakistani commentators, especially Aomir Sohail(spelling?), he bags out the pakis more than anyone else.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The_MaFeeLi_Tiger said:
Can't believe Michael Holding hasn't got a run in this thread!
Go Richie, go Slats, Down Chappeli and Greig!

He has- he is up there with the worst! All he does is whinge all day!

El Diablo said:
Holding is a whinger with two sets of rules. Absolute freaking moron.

Agreed - he has to be the most biased commentator of all time. I ended up turning the TV off suring the WI series just gone every time he cam on to commentate. I couldn't stand him whinging about how hard done by the WI with the umpiring decisions.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the Lara decision that was out in Adelaide but not given he'll applaud as a great decision. If it was the West Indies bowling he'll whinge for an hour about how terrible it was.

I hope to never hear this wanker again.

Iafeta

Referee
I hoped to never see Holding for about a decade - as a bowler. He was f'n awesome.

Iafeta

Referee
He was a fairly nasty bowler too. Walsh/Ambrose/Bishop when they were injury free were another fairly difficult proposition.

Blaze

Juniors
Ian Healy never fails to amaze me with just how bad a commentator he is.

He is just a cheerleader for Australia. You would never have thought he was a great cricketer in his day.

He tries too hard, it's like he is on drugs or something.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Blaze said:

He is just a cheerleader for Australia. You would never have thought he was a great cricketer in his day.

so you don't rate Healy because he's pro Aussie but rate Greig because he's pro whoever Australia are playing :?

makes perfect sense

Rustay

Juniors
Blaze said:

He certainly was during the 20-20 match, apart from that he isnt usually too bad. But during that game he was just too over-excited.

stoof

Juniors
have you noticed Healy and Taylor are trying to have digs at each other when they commentate together. its like they are trying to be like Lawry and Greig

salivor

First Grade
Nicholas has been particularly bad tonight. And f**k me if I have to hear him prattle on one more time about Brett Lee being given the responsibility to bowl out the windies. Just get a room with him and get it over with Mark.

OVP

Coach
sanjane said:
Best (no real order)

Sanjay Manjrekar
Tony Greig
Bill Lawry
Keery O'Keefe
Wasim Akram
Mark Nicholas
Ian Healy
Michael Slater
Simon Hughes
Ian Botham
Mark Richardson
Gavin Larsen
Tim Lane
Michael Holding
Dean Jones
James Brayshaw

Intermediate:

Ranjit Fernando
Ian Smith
Ian Chappell
Ian Healy
Mark Taylor
Jeremy Coney
Waqar Younis
Jim Maxwell

Worst:

Richie Benaud
Geoff Boycott
Greg Chappell
Simon O'Donnell
Nasser Hussain
Shane Warne
Darren Lehmann
John Howard :)
Jason Gillespie

LOL i reckon Sanjay + Kerry Okeefe + Slater = commentary GOLD !! Thankyou ABC !!

These 3 always try and find new ways to outdo one another ... But since Kerry always loses and blames the over 70 market (who are going on his tour :lol:) its just quality listening amongst these 3.

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
so you don't rate Healy because he's pro Aussie but rate Greig because he's pro whoever Australia are playing :?

makes perfect sense

r u daring to suggest that healy isn't a biased twat?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
r u daring to suggest that healy isn't a biased twat?

no

i'm pointing out to Blaze the reason he likes one commentator is because of his bias, but then he uses that exact same reason for his disliking of another commentator.

it makes no sense.