What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting article, but its off with the fairys.

Breadman

Juniors
Well there you go, I stand corrected.
We used to play AFL at primary school but we just called it rumble the man with the ball.

Surely

Post Whore
Breadman said:
Well there you go, I stand corrected.
We used to play AFL at primary school but we just called it rumble the man with the ball.

Well thats a fairly accurate description :)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
kkingston said:
ive played both league and afl and afl is more physical because in league you know the tacklers always in front of you whereas in afl you get the ball and their trying to smash you from the front side and back. you get blindsighted because you have no idea where they are

I have played both games.
I used aussie rules to get for league.
End of Story.
Could play afl Saturday & league on Sunday.
No way couldi do it the other way around.

Dave

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19687863-23214,00.html

hahaHave a look at that side. One of those guys gets hit once, they wouldnt be seen for 60 minutes & they'd be thinking twice about coming back the following week.

Only bloke out of that lot that could possibly make it in league would be Akker.

Andrew Mcleod used to play league growing up in Darwin

Michael Voss (past his peak though) has the body shape described in the article

"........Lower centre of gravity also allows for power in the tackle and the leg drive would be something the AFL players would find very uncomfortable, and they would find laying effective tackles an issue............"

Darren Lockyer played AFL growing up in Brisbane but had to take up League when he moved to the country because there was no AFL

steveb69

Juniors
Dave said:
Darren Lockyer played AFL growing up in Brisbane but had to take up League when he moved to the country because there was no AFL

This means nothing, but i always thought Lockyer had the ability to be a good AFL player, built for it.. nice kick too.

Latest posts