What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu vs Nielson.

hitman82

Bench
Inu's off the chain for the Doggies. But it's a moot point - we couldn't get him to pull his weight or perform consistently for us, as he wanted to be back in Oz. He's a pussy whipped bitch.
Nielsen quite clearly doesn't have the freak abilities of Inu, but he's probably the best we could have signed for next season.

TheDMC

Bench
If Neilson can marshall some effective back line defence then he will be worth every penny...

ozbash

Referee
If we look at the Warriors, how many guys in that team can you say have come on hugely under Bluey ? Not many, if any as scribe would say

Now compare that to how many of the Dogs guys games have come on hugely, it isn't any coincedence

That isn't a huge swipe at Bluey either, but the thing that separate the great coaches from the good coaches is the ability to get the best out of all types of players.

Scribe knows his stuff..

Bluey inherited the squad, and its taking time to get the lineup he wants.

I would say that the younger members are definitely responding to his style of coaching ( and Iro's) .

He is a proven coach/motivator imo. The 2004/5 4 Nations are enough proof for me .

Inu had similar issues with Parra and Daniel Anderson, I expect similar at Belmore but really dont care anymore. He aint our problem anymore, we concentrate on people who want to play.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
(this is of course before the "I was only there for the money" media comment which leaves a sour taste).

He said this? F*ck him. If anyone has read this and continues to attack our staff for the handling of him, it's ridiculous. I don't expect our coaches to be skilled in the art of motivating players who are merely clock-watching. You come here with a purpose - of playing for a successful club who are capable of winning premierships. And you get paid damn well for it.

vvvrulz

Coach
He said this? F*ck him. If anyone has read this and continues to attack our staff for the handling of him, it's ridiculous. I don't expect our coaches to be skilled in the art of motivating players who are merely clock-watching. You come here with a purpose - of playing for a successful club who are capable of winning premierships. And you get paid damn well for it.

Even if he said that, its got nothing to do with the fact he got a raw deal over here. Its not like Inu bummed around when he was actually playing, apart from 1-2 poor games he was generally on the mark and surprisingly in control.

To answer the original question, you can't really compare Neilson and Inu as they're completely different style of players, it really depends on the winger he'll be inside of. For example Topou - Neilson would work well if you wanted risk free results, and Inu - Manu if you wanted some freakish stuff.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
In any case...let's judge Nielsen in a Warriors jersey, not a Storm one. Very, very different roles/circumstances etc. We've realised he's defensively very good, could do with expanding his attacking game and with less dependancy on the Storm's ultra-talented spine, maybe he'll develop that.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Scribe knows his stuff..

I would say that the younger members are definitely responding to his style of coaching ( and Iro's) .

He is a proven coach/motivator imo. The 2004/5 4 Nations are enough proof for me .

Inu had similar issues with Parra and Daniel Anderson, I expect similar at Belmore but really dont care anymore. He aint our problem anymore, we concentrate on people who want to play.

Rep coaching and club coaching are 2 different games though mate, motivational type stuff is what is required in the rep stuff, and Bluey no doubt did that bloody well

Week to week club coaching, there is a lot more required. I doubted his credentials before he went to Leeds in this regard, and even though he inherited a top squad, he seemed to perform ok. Can that carry onto the NRL, yet to be seen imo

You look at the top line coaches, and I refer to Hasler, Bellamy and Bennett even though he is battling at Newcastle, and they have a track record at getting guys and have them playing at a high level when other coaches can't quite crack the code. Pritchard is another example, been hot and cold for his whole career, 6 months under Hasler and he is playing a consistently high level game week after week.

ozbash

Referee
Rep coaching and club coaching are 2 different games though mate, motivational type stuff is what is required in the rep stuff, and Bluey no doubt did that bloody well

Week to week club coaching, there is a lot more required. I doubted his credentials before he went to Leeds in this regard, and even though he inherited a top squad, he seemed to perform ok. Can that carry onto the NRL, yet to be seen imo

You look at the top line coaches, and I refer to Hasler, Bellamy and Bennett even though he is battling at Newcastle, and they have a track record at getting guys and have them playing at a high level when other coaches can't quite crack the code. Pritchard is another example, been hot and cold for his whole career, 6 months under Hasler and he is playing a consistently high level game week after week.

Actually, I agree.
Hasler and Bellamy are blessed with some of the best players in the game, Benny has walked into an overhyped club full of alsorans and it will take more than his coaching brilliance to turn them around. I see the cull has started though.

Same for Bluey, he came to a club where the seniors( Mateo Friend JRo and to a degree, Luck) are selected on reputation.

He was forced to use untried juniors when 3 of them were seriously injured but still remains positive enough in his coaching ability to remain confident in himself and his young players .
From what I have heard (and a very creditable source) these over rated players will not be lining up next season.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Neilsen vs Manly was great, he shut down Lyon one on one on many occassions and took him out of the game. Inu got the points this week though. If the coaching staff had any clue we'd be looking at a Inu-Neilsen combo on the left side of the field.

Micistm

Bench
Scribe knows his stuff..

Theres a big diff between a limited tourno and a full NRL season. Time will tell, I will admit I'm a bit concerned

_addict

Juniors
Actually, I agree.
Hasler and Bellamy are blessed with some of the best players in the game, Benny has walked into an overhyped club full of alsorans and it will take more than his coaching brilliance to turn them around. I see the cull has started though.

Same for Bluey, he came to a club where the seniors( Mateo Friend JRo and to a degree, Luck) are selected on reputation.

He was forced to use untried juniors when 3 of them were seriously injured but still remains positive enough in his coaching ability to remain confident in himself and his young players .
From what I have heard (and a very creditable source) these over rated players will not be lining up next season.

Where does one start with that one?
  • Those guys are all really over rated?
    You finally let slip that JBro is not the greatest player to ever slip on a Warriors jersey
    Luck, obliviously won't be lining up next season
    If someone was to say that Ropati will not make a return, most would be understanding of that, and probably a little sorry for him

ozbash

Referee
Friend Mateo and to a degree, Luck are way over rated imo.

JRo is past his useby. (you heard it here first ! )

_addict

Juniors
a) I can hardly bag you out for not being stubborn
b) The guy's come up busted too many times :(

JoeD

First Grade
Friend Mateo and to a degree, Luck are way over rated imo.

JRo is past his useby. (you heard it here first ! )

Mateo may be overrated if you're talking about a possible origin berth but to call him overrated for this warriors team? You would need someone else who is clearly a better selection, who would you have that fits the bill? Same goes off Friend.