What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu vs Nielson.

ozbash

Referee
Source; Or I just imagined that I read that :cool:

NZ warrior told me.

Friend has had 1 reasonable game since he's been with us. He busted his jaw in it and is remembered more for his bravery than his contribution to the scoreboard.

Not knocking him, just think we have better hookers at the club in Mara, Godinet or Havilli.

ozbash

Referee
Hohaia >>>>> Friend
Right, Ozbash?

Lol, if you say so mate.

Friend was a very good hooker a few years ago but seems to have fallen of the pace, so to speak, with time.

Lance would have been, without doubt, the best 14 in the game. His value was in his versatility and he could play well in many positions.

That fact alone, I would have Lance well ahead of Friend as a league player..

But thats just my opinion...

hitman82

Bench
Friend is our best hooker, but I must admit he's not as good as I had hoped/expected. Perhaps this is partly to do with our style: I now think we suited our previous approach of solid hooker to start, dynamic running hooker off the bench.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bluey inherited a side that made the Grand Final the year before. How many internationals?

ozbash

Referee
Bluey inherited a side that made the Grand Final the year before. How many internationals?

Very true Mr A.

Must be the coach ?, yet every player interviewed (and there have been a few) says its not the coaching staff.

ozbash

Referee
I was just talking about squads inherited, Bluey got a good squad was all.

I agree.
Makes you wonder why the 2nd best team in the comp last year are playing so crap this year.

We arnt the only ones I guess, did you see the Tigers clock off last night ?

Coaching ?

jamaman

Juniors
I agree.
Makes you wonder why the 2nd best team in the comp last year are playing so crap this year.

We arnt the only ones I guess, did you see the Tigers clock off last night ?

Coaching ?

Knights were regarded as contenders..they won't be in the 8

As for us Luck, Ropati were vital to have been playing with the introduction of young players in there..

vvvrulz

Coach
As for us Luck, Ropati were vital to have been playing with the introduction of young players in there..

Agree about Luck but Ropati was having a very wobbly season. At the moment I have no complaints with the 17 we send out there, I think its the grey matter that's lacking which is down to a shortage of experience.

Blair

Coach
I believe the Inu v Neilson watch should be over the whole season, not just one game (when Inu's hot).

On another note, sadly I just noticed the Warriors only have one more regular season game in Sydney, v Manly, which means a trip to damn Brookvale for me. That's the last place I'd choose to go, simply because of the 'fortress' factor.

I had such high hopes this season. It started with a thrilling experience in Rd 2 v Parra, included a nightmare weatherwise at Penrith and might end with a hiding at Brookie amid all the Manly folk saying 'we told you so'.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I believe the Inu v Neilson watch should be over the whole season, not just one game (when Inu's hot).

On another note, sadly I just noticed the Warriors only have one more regular season game in Sydney, v Manly, which means a trip to damn Brookvale for me. That's the last place I'd choose to go, simply because of the 'fortress' factor.

I had such high hopes this season. It started with a thrilling experience in Rd 2 v Parra, included a nightmare weatherwise at Penrith and might end with a hiding at Brookie amid all the Manly folk saying 'we told you so'.

I'm sure the Warriors vs Manly game was moved to Perth.

hitro

Juniors
I would like to have seen them play together in our back line.
Sick of conservative kids who aren't even proper backs.
The old Warriors teams always offered some thrills even as they lost.

btw Neilson was named for QLD origin today.

Blair

Coach
I would like to have seen them play together in our back line.
Sick of conservative kids who aren't even proper backs.
The old Warriors teams always offered some thrills even as they lost.

Totally, although when our attack got too loose it became a constant concern too, similar to our perceived or real inadequacies in attack now. Do you remember how many times you've yelled at the TV screen (or at a game) 'just hold on to the damn pill and play out the set, for crying out loud!'?

However, on balance, I miss those more adventurous days.

btw Neilson was named for QLD origin today.

He was also mentioned in the SMH today as being 'suspect under the high ball, with a (current) lack of confidence'. That's all we need next year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Totally, although when our attack got too loose it became a constant concern too, similar to our perceived or real inadequacies in attack now. Do you remember how many times you've yelled at the TV screen (or at a game) 'just hold on to the damn pill and play out the set, for crying out loud!'?

However, on balance, I miss those more adventurous days.

He was also mentioned in the SMH today as being 'suspect under the high ball, with a (current) lack of confidence'. That's all we need next year.

I'm sure you know this but the SMH is a Sydney paper. They would talk a Maroon down at any given opportunity.

Queensland are not going to pick a dud for an Origin decider.

Blair

Coach
I'm sure you know this but the SMH is a Sydney paper. They would talk a Maroon down at any given opportunity.

Queensland are not going to pick a dud for an Origin decider.

Yeah, the Blues and their media are looking for any psychological opening in what will be a tough night. I was just miffed to hear Nielson had this 'suspect under high balls' affliction. If there was any truth to it then the Warriors can do without it.

Origin's great, sorry to those that disagree but I've been loving the last 5 weeks or so. Just curious, how many of those here that don't like it actually live in NSW or Qld? I find it impossible to ignore the hype but naturally worry about it detracting from the NRL.

Meth

Staff member
Did anybody see Nielsen's inspiring performance in Origin last night?

zzzzzzzzz

Latest posts