What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is anybody else

MKEB...

Staff member
I am guessing I will have a 48 hour sleepless spell whilst the anxiety is in my system Saturday/Sunday which will hopefully be cured by a few too many beers, bbq'ed bangers and bread.

The wait is doing my head in.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I'm partially losing my mind, 'cos way back around May or so I had firmly decided that I would celebrate my 30th this year by going to the Soundwave concert in Melbourne on my birthday (this Friday 30/09), followed by the Grand Final in Sydney.
Then the concert got cancelled, and I ran into a bit of money woes, so scrapped that plan.

So you can thank me for the Warriors winning on Sunday, 'cos if I was there live they'd be sure to lose!!!!!! I've also always meant to get myself a Warriors jersey, knowing that the year I buy one is the year they win the comp, so that might just have to be a birthday present for myself on Friday!!!

JoeD

First Grade
I have to tone down my craziness as the wife is already jealous, don't want to rub it in.

2010Dragons

Bench
Relax guys....plenty of time to get nervous while watching the Grand Final on Sunday. Been there, done that!

From what I have seen if the Warriors play like they have played in the past couple of games they should win it easy. Manly tend to switch off in the second half of the games.

firechild

First Grade
From what I have seen if the Warriors play like they have played in the past couple of games they should win it easy. Manly tend to switch off in the second half of the games.

Like they did against the Cowboys eh?

I have a feeling you're thinking of last year. The Warriors need to start strongly because Manly's second halves this season have been superior to their first halves.

I think if the Warriors can keep the game close then they'll have a fantastic chance of winning. The key will be not allowing Manly to get a start like they did against the Broncos or they'll start running into problems. The game played by the Warriors on Saturday is exactly what they need. If they're going to be behind, it needs to be close enough in the final 10-15 minutes that they can make a big play to run over the top of Manly.

this all reminds me of 2009 the mad rush to get tickets, the sleepless nights, counting down the days that seem to take forever

Micistm

Bench
I think I'll just watch it at home, eh. I really don't want to scope out bars and beg them to put the Warriors on, especially when the AB's are on too.

And I want to see all three games, and swear my arse off without getting kicked out! BRING ON SUNDAY!!!

Same. Been invited to several places, but I just want to stay home, have control of the remote surrounded by munchies, lock the gate so visitors are only by invitation and only if interested in League. Most places I've been invited to I can't see them wanting to watch three games end on end.

Micistm

Bench
As for how I feel...not good to be honest. During the Storm & Tigers I was a wreck, the Storm game I had to actually go out of the room a couple of times and pace the hallway, just couldn't handle it!
Since then, gone from immediate euphoria after the game to getting more tense each day. I don't know if I'm actually looking forward to it or not. No matter what happens I'm stoked at how well they've done- and you tell yourself its only one game- but to lose would be painful...and to beat Manly they will need their serious gameface on and play the game of the season. They can do it for sure, but they are up against a hell of a side.
I guess us fans have been watching since '95 and have '40 year old virgin' syndrome!

woodyk2

First Grade
I posted in here this morning...the day is dragging on....the week seems to be going backwards.Hurry up sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been trying my best but i just cant find any hate or even mild dislike toward the Warriors....you guys need a Justin Hodges or somebody lol. I reckon this is gonna be an epic game....tough with razzle dazzle....maybe even a stink. May the best team win.

Reece75

Juniors
no nervous feelings at the moment but come GF Day i reckon i'll be getting rather anxious.
Go the Warriors!!!

Micistm

Bench
Slowest week of my bloody life....best of luck Warriors.

Thanks man, I wish you well but no offence I also wish you defeat!:lol:How are your nerves coping? I hate to think it's only Warriors fans packing it!;-) If this is how we're feeling, I don't want to consider what our young team is feeling...

Micistm

Bench
I posted in here this morning...the day is dragging on....the week seems to be going backwards.Hurry up sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been trying my best but i just cant find any hate or even mild dislike toward the Warriors....you guys need a Justin Hodges or somebody lol. I reckon this is gonna be an epic game....tough with razzle dazzle....maybe even a stink. May the best team win.

Damn you, I've tried to build a healthy dislike of the Eagles, y'know, be trendy...sporting fans like yourself make it difficult;-)

_addict

Juniors
While I still have that glowing feeling after the prelim, my euphoria is wearing off and the anxiety is setting in.

Micistm

Bench
While I still have that glowing feeling after the prelim, my euphoria is wearing off and the anxiety is setting in.

Yeah, how I feel. On a high after two great wins against two big scalps, now it's sinking in it's starting to get to you. Just that unknown uncertainty, the desperation for our first premiership...ugh. I hope Cleary's got the whole squad sedated:?

Guvner

First Grade
Cheering for the Warriors for Grand Final week because you hate Manly

On Facebook now has 15,500 members. Spread the word.

firechild

First Grade
Thanks man, I wish you well but no offence I also wish you defeat!:lol:How are your nerves coping? I hate to think it's only Warriors fans packing it!;-) If this is how we're feeling, I don't want to consider what our young team is feeling...

It's not just you guys. My hands are sweating sitting in an air conditioned office just reading about the teams. Premierships are rare for any team and I think all true fans get nervous. I know Manly are favourites but that NZ team just scare me. I can't wait to get there in Sunday, the atmosphere is going to be awesome. Both coaches are pretty level headed and no doubt they and the senior players in each squad are keeping the young blokes' feet on the ground.