What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is anybody else

Izz

Bench
It's not just you guys. My hands are sweating sitting in an air conditioned office just reading about the teams. Premierships are rare for any team and I think all true fans get nervous. I know Manly are favourites but that NZ team just scare me. I can't wait to get there in Sunday, the atmosphere is going to be awesome. Both coaches are pretty level headed and no doubt they and the senior players in each squad are keeping the young blokes' feet on the ground.
If Des loses do you think he'll go around the ground ripping up the seats one-by-one?

Izz

Bench
All the doors around the stadium might end up mysteriously torn off their hinges.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Thursday lunchtime and still remarkably composed. Previous build ups I was far more anxious. I think we can win of course, but am also wary of a blowout - one not in our favor. Manly are just a very tough tough team with quality throughout. We will have to play exceptionally well, like last week, though even then still no guarantees fo success.

firechild

First Grade
All the doors around the stadium might end up mysteriously torn off their hinges.

2 things to keep in mind with that:

1) He wasn't angry about the loss, he was angry that the refs and touchies missed a gridiron pass for the final try. He made that pretty clear with his comments in the post match conference.

2) Have you seen the footage? He simply slammed the door and it fell off its hinges.

Regardless, I think Des will be pretty good even if they lose. He and Cleary have a lot of respect for each other and Cleary was coming through the ranks at Manly while Des played there. I think Des would genuinely be happy for Cleary to get his maiden premiership.

Izz

Bench
I just want to see him go on a rampage. Go all Hulk. With 80s hair. It'd be awesome.

Micistm

Bench
Thursday lunchtime and still remarkably composed. Previous build ups I was far more anxious. I think we can win of course, but am also wary of a blowout - one not in our favor. Manly are just a very tough tough team with quality throughout. We will have to play exceptionally well, like last week, though even then still no guarantees fo success.

Yeah, thats my thoughts. We can win, no doubt about it, but we will have to play well.
Pros: Johnson is someone they haven't played against yet, and is in good form. The last time we played them we were a different team, and out of form across the board, this time we have some good form in most positions. Cons: We haven't beaten them since '09 (but we hadn't beaten the tigers either since '09...so maybe a good sign!), and Manly are just simply a very, very good side, well balanced and some bonafide gamebreakers with killer defence.

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, thats my thoughts. We can win, no doubt about it, but we will have to play well.
Pros: Johnson is someone they haven't played against yet, and is in good form. The last time we played them we were a different team, and out of form across the board, this time we have some good form in most positions. Cons: We haven't beaten them since '09 (but we hadn't beaten the tigers either since '09...so maybe a good sign!), and Manly are just simply a very, very good side, well balanced and some bonafide gamebreakers with killer defence.

I'd say the game will be won on defense (as most GFs are). Both sides have an ability to find the line and neither side is afraid of spreading the ball early or getting some second phase play going. This could work in NZ's favour. Manly like to fall back early when the tackle is being made in order to get a good start on the next play. If the Warriors can get some late offloads then Manly could be in trouble. If it happens early in the game, Manly may stop dropping back so early and that would open up some quick play the balls and they could start making some good meters.

Micistm

Bench
I'd say the game will be won on defense (as most GFs are). Both sides have an ability to find the line and neither side is afraid of spreading the ball early or getting some second phase play going. This could work in NZ's favour. Manly like to fall back early when the tackle is being made in order to get a good start on the next play. If the Warriors can get some late offloads then Manly could be in trouble. If it happens early in the game, Manly may stop dropping back so early and that would open up some quick play the balls and they could start making some good meters.

I hope;-) But I am baffled to understand how Manly stay 'under the radar' as such so often. Even leading up to the finals, talk was of Storm, Tigers, Broncos...and Manly just goes about their business. And this happens most years, when for the last few seasons Manly has been the most consistant side of the lot, tough defence and great attack. Sure, storm technically lost less games through the season (not by much) but the losses they did have were more brutal blowouts. Blowouts for Manly are extremely rare-If they lose, it's generally not much in it.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm fair dinkum losing my sh!t. I am actually finding it tough to post much this week because the adrenalin is clouding my thoughts. I want it to be Sunday now, and I am gagging for the title. If we beat Manly I will fair dinkum lose my mind all over the place.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i've been doing the last few days on sweet f**k all sleep due to other commitments.

it's still not sinking in.

Iafeta

Referee
I've been sleeping like a new born pup actually. I have so much adrenalin running through the day that by night I am absolutely exhausted. I doubt I'll sleep on Grand Final eve though.