What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is anybody else

hitman82

Bench
NRL Grand Final anxiety has taken over to the point where I dreamt about alien abduction last night.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Holy shit I actually didn't sleep last night. I mean, my eyes were closed and all, but I didn't sleep. Suffering at work now but f**k it, Warriors to win on Sunday and me to enjoy my hangover annual leave day Monday! :D

Rich102

Staff member
To all you guys heading over.
Have a great trip and I hope to hear you on TV.

hitman82

Bench
Holy shit I actually didn't sleep last night. I mean, my eyes were closed and all, but I didn't sleep. Suffering at work now but f**k it, Warriors to win on Sunday and me to enjoy my hangover annual leave day Monday! :D
Haha yeah I'm annual leaving it too. Gonna be a painful Monday! :)

firechild

First Grade
I hope;-) But I am baffled to understand how Manly stay 'under the radar' as such so often. Even leading up to the finals, talk was of Storm, Tigers, Broncos...and Manly just goes about their business. And this happens most years, when for the last few seasons Manly has been the most consistant side of the lot, tough defence and great attack. Sure, storm technically lost less games through the season (not by much) but the losses they did have were more brutal blowouts. Blowouts for Manly are extremely rare-If they lose, it's generally not much in it.

Yeah, I'm not sure. They don't have any superstars like Benji or Slater for people to focus on. Their only 13+ loss this year was 24-6 against the Dragons mid season. I think it almost has as much to do with the media as anything else. The media love to splash the Tigers, Broncos or Dragons on the back page. Add to that the immense media coverage of Melbourne over the past few years and all the talk of the "big 3". Dessie certinaly isn't one to go seaking media coverage like Bellamy.

Izz

Bench
It's also part of the hate Manly thang most Sydney-siders have going on, i reckon. Most of the media prefers to talk other clubs up than talk Manly up.

SerbDragon

Coach
LOSING THEIR F*CKING MIND?

I certainly am.

I think I am stuck somewhere between extremely excited and horribly nauseous. :crazy:

This is possibly the most stressful week of my life :lol:

game day is the worst, at least years GF i was hyper ventilating

Micistm

Bench
NRL Grand Final anxiety has taken over to the point where I dreamt about alien abduction last night.

I had a friggin weird dream where I had parked my car on the roof and couldn't work out how to get it down. What that means in regard to anything I don't know...:lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
best week ever - enjoy it. I'll never forget the walk up to ANZ last year and seeing it packed with 80,000 people losing their shit. Despite my best attempts to :lol:

TheDMC

Bench
Before falling asleep last night I imagined Michael Robertson, late in the game with Warriors just behind, make a last tackle run down the sideline from deep in Manly territory. Big Manu winds up, finds an extra gear and runs down Robertson 10m out from our line. About to be flung over the touch line into row 4, Robertson throws a speculator inside pass to a charging Brett Stewart, who over-runs it. Manu leaps to his feet, scoops up the loose ball and goes on a Lomu-like run to score the most amazing try ever to win the game.

devoid

Juniors
SYD has been amazing so far - I flew in on Thurs night (same flight as Bluey - please hang on to Kris, please sir, thank you sir). Tonnes of Warriors jerseys at the airports and on the flight, and tonnes of Warriors jersey around the city. Being over here has lessened the nutty feeling I had in AKL. It feels more real here. One day to go...

One Warrior

Bench
Today is torture, I can't wait for tomorrow, I am caught between nervousness and excitement, the week has been relatively ok because I am in a newish job so have been concentrating on that, roll on tomorrow please.

Since i live in Manly territory. The buzz over here has been nothing but crap. Manly have been talking it up, everybody thinks they are going to win 40-0. I can't wait until we show them how it's done. They won't be doing the Eagle Rock tomorrow, they will be sucking the Eagle c**k. Let's go Warriors.

Micistm

Bench
Since i live in Manly territory. The buzz over here has been nothing but crap. Manly have been talking it up, everybody thinks they are going to win 40-0. I can't wait until we show them how it's done. They won't be doing the Eagle Rock tomorrow, they will be sucking the Eagle c**k. Let's go Warriors.

I got the impression most think Manly will win comfortably. I'll hold my head up and be a Warriors supporter regardless...but God it'd be so nice to take it.
Well this time tomorrow night, either way I'm not sleeping and monday is going to be L-l-o-o-n-n-g-g-g:lol:

Flying in tomorrow morning from Melbourne...I am a staunch Storm fan but want to see the Warriors thump Manly big time.

Being a kiwi, I will have my kiwi gear on...