What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Covell the dumbest sounding nrl player?

wittyfan

Referee
Covell may sound simple, but he's a real character.

Dane Tilse sounded equally as bad in the aftermath of the Bathurst rampage.

aqua_duck

Coach
What about Mundine in his day, he spoke alot but 99% of his sentences were gramatically incorrect.

"We'll have a press conference Monday to answer all the unanswered answers"

WTF lol

NPK

Bench
Dutch Oven said:
But he wasn't drunk and was talking normally. The people interviewing him sounded really frustrated and cut the interview short because he was talking so slow. I thought only front rowers were dumb.

Was he talking slowly like Jason Hetherington, or was he just taking ages before starting to answer the questions?

roopy

Referee
Josh Perry can't make a sentence. You won't ever hear him interviewed, because he can't think and talk at the same time.

Kingytek

Juniors
An41 said:
I go out heaps, but im not a dumbsh*t like you and your boyfriend Covell.

Hey, fair enough u have got it in for these guys in ur sig....

1.Big_Bad_Shark_Fan
2.covell
3.KingCovell
4.SirCovell
5.The Immortal Luke Covell
6.Da Vinci

But it's not Cov's fault some people go too far in forum postings. Try not bagging him off unless u actually know him. We have been mates since we were in U/11's, and he's never done anything wrong by anyone and it's not his fault these fools idolise him and make a big deal out of it. Try and chose your words more carefully, thanks!

McLovin

Staff member
The first time i heard Covell talk was on the mothers day footy show. When he look right at the camera with those googly eyes. Funny moment for sure...

McLovin

Staff member
Kingytek said:
Hey, fair enough u have got it in for these guys in ur sig....

1.Big_Bad_Shark_Fan
2.covell
3.KingCovell
4.SirCovell
5.The Immortal Luke Covell
6.Da Vinci

But it's not Cov's fault some people go too far in forum postings. Try not bagging him off unless u actually know him. We have been mates since we were in U/11's, and he's never done anything wrong by anyone and it's not his fault these fools idolise him and make a big deal out of it. Try and chose your words more carefully, thanks!

Well said, i dont mind posts on Covell, hes playing great right now. Its the idiots that bag out the guys that love him that tick me off.

The_Coach

Juniors
I think all footy players tend to talk like morons. If I had a dollar for every time a player said "Um" or "Ah" in an interview i'd be a trillonaire. Petro and Billy on the Footy Show last week is a prime example. It's as if whenever they stop to think their mouths just go "Ummmmmmmmm".

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
i love hearing pritchard talk
hes such a little kid
always sais sweet and bro
"the referee was like play on bro, so i was like sweet"

Brutus

Referee
Covell's dumb voice goes with his dumb cross eyes.

He's playing well though and should stay in first grade for a while. He'll have to watch Nathan Merritt though, he's firing big time in the lower grades. I can see Covell playing for Newtown by the end of the season if he doesn't get his eyes uncrossed.

Iafeta

Referee
ThrashViking said:
He has nothing on Francis Meli.
I remember the interview he had with Awen Guttenbeil on gameday last season
AG: Your try scoring form has been very impressive, got any secrets?
FM: Da Coach told me to run with da ball.
He killed the interview with that line, Awen just hasnt been the same since.

Francis is funny. I remember his interview after te Logan Swann-song.

"I learn heaps of these sorts of fullas, and all dat, so uh.. yeah"

McLovin

Staff member
LMAO :)

I remember petero on the footy show last week. Sounded like he just kept repeating the same "umm" over and over. Something you'd see on Letterman "Petero umm Civenoceva"

Latest posts