What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Hazem El Masri about to take last kick

mozza91

Coach
He would show a lot more dignity and respect for breaking the record than that low life druggo showed at Parra stadium that night, carried on like a right little tart, dont understand why Parra have this little turd still around, zero results last year along with his mate who thank f**k is gone as Johns should have as well, good luck Hazam the sooner you erase this druggos name from this record the better.

:lol: it's definatly the halves coach's fault that the team have pea sized hearts(obviously excluding Hindmarsh).
Let El Masri have the record he'll need it to be remembered, Johns doesn't.

big boppa eel

Juniors
:lol: it's definatly the halves coach's fault that the team have pea sized hearts(obviously excluding Hindmarsh).
Let El Masri have the record he'll need it to be remembered, Johns doesn't.
Correct Johns will be remebered for all the sh*t he got away with whilst in the midst of being a drug addict.;-)

Whoosh

Juniors
Just as good as calling the greatest player ever a druggo. I know who I'd rather hold the record and it wouldn't be some nobody hack who's only claim to fame is that he can kick goals.

"Nobody hack". :crazy:

You may as well have said that you know little about the game and it's players and you thought you were on an AFL forum.

Don't be jealous of Hazem, just celebrate his career!

>zuzu<

Juniors
Of course he would, this record is obviously why he gets up in the morning.
Whats with the hate?

Ok - he's taking from Joey Johns - but geez - even i was happy when Johns kicked for the record when Hayne ran you guys over.
never really rated the bloke outside his goal kicking... tbh i think if the bloke couldnt kick goals he'd barely have 100 top grade games to his name. But he seems like a likeable bloke and he's slogged long and hard for a long time... if the dogs are fair dinkum, they'll let him get the record out of respect for him sevice to the club, and then punt him to PL where he belongs and probably has done for 18 months
Not trying to be technical but pretty sure he had 100 games to his name before he was given the goal kicking duties. He kicked abit when Halligan was injured in 2000.

Loudstrat

Coach
If he was a real muselim he would play in a turbin

What is a muselim?
A) Breakfast cereal for followers of Islam.

What is a turbin?
A) a large steam driven device that spins around a central spindle to create electricity, or
B)A former Eastern Suburbs lock

Besides, if he wore a turban he's be a sikh - not a muslim.

Rexxy

Coach
Thats how little you no. He wouldnt be as gooder kicker if he was true to his belifs and had to weare his turbin

n734958527_938374_8892.jpg

What is a muselim?
A) Breakfast cereal for followers of Islam.

What is a turbin?
A) a large steam driven device that spins around a central spindle to create electricity, or
B)A former Eastern Suburbs lock

Besides, if he wore a turban he's be a sikh - not a muslim.

Gene Krupa

Referee
"Nobody hack". :crazy:

You may as well have said that you know little about the game and it's players and you thought you were on an AFL forum.

Don't be jealous of Hazem, just celebrate his career!

Yeah, I know little about a game I've watched since I was about 10. I'm not jealous of him, even I could fall over the line as many times as he has if I was playing on the wing.

yakstorm

First Grade
I can't believe some of the 'belittling' of Hazem by some people on this forum, claiming all he can do is kick goals...

As mentioned before, Hazem had already over 100 first grade games to his name before he took over from Halligan in 2001, so he proved his worth to the club well before they gave him the kicking duties.

Added to that, you don't play 291 games just based upon luck, you don't finish the NRL's top pointscorer 5 times based upon luck, you don't average 10 points per game based upon luck, and you don't set a record for most points scored in a season (342pts) based upon luck.

Whilst Hazem will never be known as the most talented footballer, possibly not even one of the best goal kickers, he has taken his skills, thrown in an amazing amount of determination and self-belief and acheived so much.

With him on the verge of history, I think he deserves a bit of respect for not only doing so well for himself, but for showing people what you can achieve even if you're not number one like an Andrew Johns, and for inspiring a whole generation of Lebanese-Australians to embrace the code.

I hope a large crowd turns up for him on Saturday and Hazem achieves the record!

Loudstrat

Coach
Well said.

Can't believe a player could become the all time pointscorer record holder, and be classed as 'sh*t'. Umm, isn't the idea of the game to score points??????

ByRd

First Grade
I can't believe some of the 'belittling' of Hazem by some people on this forum, claiming all he can do is kick goals...

As mentioned before, Hazem had already over 100 first grade games to his name before he took over from Halligan in 2001, so he proved his worth to the club well before they gave him the kicking duties.

Added to that, you don't play 291 games just based upon luck, you don't finish the NRL's top pointscorer 5 times based upon luck, you don't average 10 points per game based upon luck, and you don't set a record for most points scored in a season (342pts) based upon luck.

Whilst Hazem will never be known as the most talented footballer, possibly not even one of the best goal kickers, he has taken his skills, thrown in an amazing amount of determination and self-belief and acheived so much.

With him on the verge of history, I think he deserves a bit of respect for not only doing so well for himself, but for showing people what you can achieve even if you're not number one like an Andrew Johns, and for inspiring a whole generation of Lebanese-Australians to embrace the code.

I hope a large crowd turns up for him on Saturday and Hazem achieves the record!
Well said, spoken like a true rugby league fan.

Eels Dude

Coach
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/el-masris-big-moment-should-be-a-gamestopper/2009/03/12/1236447398237.html

El Masri's big moment should be a game-stopper

Greg Prichard, Brad Walter and Glenn Jackson | March 13, 2009

THERE are plans to celebrate Bulldogs winger Hazem El Masri's breaking the NRL pointscoring record, should he do so in tomorrow night's game against Manly, with fireworks set to explode at the precise moment and NRL chief executive David Gallop to present him with the game ball on the field at full-time. That's all very admirable, but why not do more? Why not go the whole hog and stop the game? Seize the moment when league is crying out for a good-news story. The NRL has borrowed from American football in the past, so why not do so again? When Dallas Cowboys star Emmitt Smith broke the NFL rushing record in 2002, officials stopped the game and his mother was brought on to the field to join a presentation for him. If he breaks the record, El Masri will be heading back to halfway anyway. Gallop could come straight out, there could be short speeches, a presentation and it could be all over in a couple of minutes. A presentation could be a bit lame at the end of the game, if El Masri has, say, broken the record way back in the 18th minute and the Bulldogs get flogged.

Anyone else find this completely ridiculous? Imagine stopping in the middle of a footy game for speeches and a trophy presentation. Fair dinkum. The Telegraph may be a joke, but the SMH can sure dish up some complete rubbish also.

Mr Saab

Referee
Those three need an uppercut.
The NFL pride themselves on records...rushing, passing, recieving, TDs, sacks.....in the NRL we dont have stats apart from point scoring, and even then we dont care.
Do what they did in 2000 when Halligan broke the record at homebush...have some fireworks...shake hands with some of his fellow players and move on.