What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Hazem El Masri about to take last kick

The Tank

Bench
Why all the hate for El Masri? Considering the bogans we have playing our great game, Hazem's a class above. A great role model for youngsters and for rugby league. Hopefully the NRL can get him a job as an ambassador for the sport in Oz and maybe Lebanon. Good luck Haz!

Raider_69

Post Whore
never really rated the bloke outside his goal kicking... tbh i think if the bloke couldnt kick goals he'd barely have 100 top grade games to his name. But he seems like a likeable bloke and he's slogged long and hard for a long time... if the dogs are fair dinkum, they'll let him get the record out of respect for him sevice to the club, and then punt him to PL where he belongs and probably has done for 18 months

Johns Magic

Referee
never really rated the bloke outside his goal kicking... tbh i think if the bloke couldnt kick goals he'd barely have 100 top grade games to his name. But he seems like a likeable bloke and he's slogged long and hard for a long time... if the dogs are fair dinkum, they'll let him get the record out of respect for him sevice to the club, and then punt him to PL where he belongs and probably has done for 18 months

Exactly.

That combined with reading an article once a month where he talks about this f**ken record is why I'm sick of him.

Whoosh

Juniors
He may retire at the end of the season (or during it) but he retires with a hell of a lot of records and an outstanding reputation as an ambassador for our game.
I think anyone who critices him should have a good hard look at themselves and compare their contribution to rugby league with his.
Test player, Origin player, multiple record holder. Haz, as far as I'm concerned you can retire whenever you think you're ready.

Shorty

Staff member
People are pretty armchair expert here...
It's hilarious how people will sit and judge a players performance(usually on one year)...2008 was terrible for just about every Bulldog let alone Hazem.
2007 however was a great year for him.

He deserves the record.

Hanscholo

Bench
tbh im still amazed Johns has that record. Given the massive amount of time he had out with injuries and his early'ish retirement, im stunned. He also wasnt what id class as a super boot, however good he was at kicking. He also wasnt that young when he made his debut...I find it strange that players like covell, el masri, conlon, Halligan arent miles in front of him.

As for El Masri, his best years are well behind him. He is however a walking tribute to the game, his cultural roots, the way he handles himself on and off the field are all of great service to our sport. So I wish him all the best this year.

I hope they don't leave him there until he gets it and then drop him the following week because he has it. All that does is cheapen the record.

Tommax25

Bench
size has nothing to do with it. you can be small but still be just as talented as anyone else. less than 2 years ago he starred in an origin game 3 but now his age is catching up with him. matt utai would have never made origin even if he was eligible. i think el masri still has one more year left in him.

el masri didnt deserve to play origin at the time of his debut imo, there were injuries to outside backs, the series was over and it was a deadrubber anyway so they threw him a bone. I dont think elmasri will see out the year in first grade, despite being a good bloke and all that.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Of course he would, this record is obviously why he gets up in the morning.
He would show a lot more dignity and respect for breaking the record than that low life druggo showed at Parra stadium that night, carried on like a right little tart, dont understand why Parra have this little turd still around, zero results last year along with his mate who thank f**k is gone as Johns should have as well, good luck Hazam the sooner you erase this druggos name from this record the better.

Rexxy

Coach
"On Smart Patrol", I think not, muselim?:?

Australia. If you don't like it, leave.

koala_flag.jpg

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Referee
He would show a lot more dignity and respect for breaking the record than that low life druggo showed at Parra stadium that night, carried on like a right little tart, dont understand why Parra have this little turd still around, zero results last year along with his mate who thank f**k is gone as Johns should have as well, good luck Hazam the sooner you erase this druggos name from this record the better.

You know you're completely correct. He'll just case businesses with his manager in the dead of night and when the cops ask him for ID, he'll play the race card.

Awesome role model for children!

ByRd

First Grade
You know you're completely correct. He'll just case businesses with his manager in the dead of night and when the cops ask him for ID, he'll play the race card.

Awesome role model for children!
hahaha is that all you got???

Gene Krupa

Referee
hahaha is that all you got???

Just as good as calling the greatest player ever a druggo. I know who I'd rather hold the record and it wouldn't be some nobody hack who's only claim to fame is that he can kick goals.

mightybears

Bench
Can we just give him the record so he pisses off? Letting him get the record's the only reason they still pick him. It's pathetic.

He has been a great club servant, someone who has done a helluva lot more for the game on and off the field than some of our so called role models. Yeah he has seen better days, and if they are in fact picking him only to break the record, it would example number 2287 for footy, it happens all the time.

Last edited: