What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Issac John a better halfback ?

ozbash

Referee
Than Seymour or Maloney ?

He seems to spark the whole team up, and actually calls the shots..

Thoughts :cool:

The only reason that Seymore and Baloney dont play much is becos of injury so when they inuury free they deserve to be back together. We go awesum when they play`

Iafeta

Referee
I've been very impressed by Isaac. Didn't think the bloke had anything to offer at all... up till the end of last year I was convinced he had a weak kicking game, little spark with ball in hand and an inability to organise. He wasn't really that flash in U20s, he seemed to be made to look decent by a crack hot U20s side.

However, wow, the improvement in him blows me away. Well Isaac! As to whether he should usurp the Buster/Maloney combination, I don't think so. Seymour is such a good organiser and Maloney is the scrapper who seems to take advantage of opportunities. Perhaps interchange hooker?

Martli

Coach
It's a good position to be in, but I think we've been our best with Seymour and Maloney in there. I agree with feka, maybe he can take Hendo's role and Aaron Heremaia can play a few more minutes.

Micistm

Bench
Seymour still edges IMO, but that takes nothing away from Issac, who's taken his chance well. Defo on the bench on Seymours return at the expense of Hendo.

Rich102

Staff member
Not according to Cleary.
Hendo will be there till hell freezes over. (Remember Rovelli, Witt et al.?)

Meth

Staff member
Slightly off topic, but did anybody watch 40/20's highlight package of the game- when the Taia hit on John was shown, the token girl basically accused John of taking a dive- the guy was nudged off balance, fell over and got back up.

Iafeta

Referee
There were only two dives in that game - Scott Dureau at the back end of the first half committed a Hollywood stunt act, and then he himself followed it up with a dive in terms of performance of epic proportions. Karma. That performance by Dureau made Grant Rovelli look like Wally Lewis/Andrew Johns combined.

There were only two dives in that game - Scott Dureau at the back end of the first half committed a Hollywood stunt act, and then he himself followed it up with a dive in terms of performance of epic proportions. Karma. That performance by Dureau made Grant Rovelli look like Wally Lewis/Andrew Johns combined.

And to think we tried to lure him here for the 2009 season..... we dodged a huge bullet.

ozreece77

Juniors

QFT

not the first time this season he's taken a dive to milk a penalty either.

The Knights forum on this website dont think too highly of the guy and thats putting it mildly.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'd have either John or Seymour on the bench over Henderson when Brett comes back.
However knowing Cleary this won't be the case as previously mentioned

PASSION

Juniors
saw 40/20 interview with Isaac John tonight he seems to be a very focussed young half back in the making! Knows that he has still got a lot to learn and looks very keen and bright prospect for any team. Make sure you keep him i say

Kiwis 473

Juniors
I like Issac at halfback or five eight (either). Seymour and Maloney are very similar players. Issac John (while still very young) brings something different.

Latest posts